• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
be5c1836b6d95d6b68905a85f7942f6f.jpg

You know, I like it. Very expressive art.. It says it all. Haha. I also "fan" a glitch so good double pun..

Hmmm maybe get a team mvp stamp on the top. Fanboy on the center haha. I've seen that before, where's that from?

Last edited:
Not sure. Google pulled it up. From what I can tell Fanboy may be a cartoon superhero?

I googled, fanboy and chumchum was a Nickelodeon cartoon, not much acclaim over that one.. Still like the idea.

Vox Machina is more my style..

"Ball tag!!!!!" ...(wump in the goodies..)

(Oooof!! ..... ) "I don't remember ever agreeing to play this game..."

Last edited:
Ok so who else broke down and got in on gyropalooza 22?

Looks like lots of glow goodies, good mix of discs. Couple heavy weight and lightweight dominant boxes. I hope I get a light one haha. Sounds like 156g electron fireballs are a hot item, a bunch of other odd plastic variants. Seen lots of uplinks, some rhythm's Nothing that will break the internet like the glow hex though.

I was thinking about just selling the glow proxy right off the Hop to cover some costs, but maybe I will throw it. Haha, maybe not... I hate that curved inner rim/plate thing and I've got a few .

Looks like lots of glow goodies, good mix of discs. Couple heavy weight and lightweight dominant boxes. I hope I get a light one haha. Sounds like 156g electron fireballs are a hot item, a bunch of other odd plastic variants. Seen lots of uplinks, some rhythm's Nothing that will break the internet like the glow hex though.

I was thinking about just selling the glow proxy right off the Hop to cover some costs, but maybe I will throw it. Haha, maybe not... I hate that curved inner rim/plate thing and I've got a few .

I found out the hard way you're gonna want to be one of the first people posting that to get a good sale before the market floods. I'm resisting this year…it's a cool concept and I enjoyed it last year but I know my bag and I don't throw anything over 2.2-2.3mm for the rim so 5-6 of the drivers I'd get I would never use. If the gyropalooza disc was something more interesting than a glow proxy I'd be interested.

Best gyro box IMO would be:

Prototype control driver 8 5 -2 1
Guaranteed electron entropy
Two putting putters
Two premium putters
Two mids
Two fairway
Two distance drivers

Is there a prototype control driver like that? Haha I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't mind anything light, I could totally go for a flare, pro, or entropy. Rhythm would be cool. Uplink would be decent, some eclipse. I dunno.. But I want to try haha

$300 Australian dollars. I'm out this year. Love to try a Rhythm though.

RIP my Plasma Fireball and 163gm Clash … they went to Poseidon today during a tournament.

Is there a prototype control driver like that? Haha I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't mind anything light, I could totally go for a flare, pro, or entropy. Rhythm would be cool. Uplink would be decent, some eclipse. I dunno.. But I want to try haha

I don't think there is a prototype for that slot. I just mean to say I'd be a lot more enticed to buy if there was a new prototype mold (8 5 -2 1 would be a dream) and some runs of discs that we have been missing for a while or some new plastics to certain discs (fission envy's, electron entropies, eclipse 2.0 volts etc)

I don't think there is a prototype for that slot. I just mean to say I'd be a lot more enticed to buy if there was a new prototype mold (8 5 -2 1 would be a dream) and some runs of discs that we have been missing for a while or some new plastics to certain discs (fission envy's, electron entropies, eclipse 2.0 volts etc)

I watched gyropalooza... the trance is what you speak of

I have heard rumblings of some L2 glow or plasma Flares, if anyone ends up with one of those PM me…

I have heard rumblings of some L2 glow or plasma Flares, if anyone ends up with one of those PM me…

Fo sure. Happy to help you out SteGOAT :D

Fission envy's were also announced, electron Zenith.. Ummmm.. I like the looks of electron fireballs..

Last edited:
I think it was fission zenith and electron terra but either way…electron drivers is always something I'm skeptical of due to the frequency of high speed tree hits for me ��

You're right, I think.. I didn't pay much attention,max weight stable discs aren't really something I need these days.... Saw a sweet surge on FB but resisted, I've still got one if I want to relive the good ol days.

I'd be tempted to get a electron fireball and beat the crap out of it.. The rocks around here do a year's damage in a month or two.

Found a fission 143 tesla at a store, it's coming with my gyropalooza box... hoping it will be closer to what I need for a backup. Hoping something decent comes with the gyro box that is worthy to send to the dye shop. I'm not sure about dying the glitch, hate to cover those swirls.

Sure wish I'd snagged a bright yellow 155 plasma tesla when I was eyeballing them

Last edited:
3peat haha.

Newsletter is out, restock on prism pyro, R2 everything: insanity, atom, anode, inertia. R2 starter boxes.

Rhythm is coming finally. A rangefinder (parsec) and a disc putting stand haha. For $45 I can buy two lawnchairs

Really enjoy the videos put out by MVP with Brad & Chad.
Loved it when a question was put to them & they kinda light up as though it hadn't occurred to them, but was a really cool idea.
Like glow Glitches!! Yes please!

I just noticed the Mint Bullet is pretty similar in design to a Glitch, but slightly different top/bottom mold height proportions, faster, Gyro, and microbeadless, and got to wondering if there was anything closer to the Bullet in the Axiom/MVP lineup.

Is there an over mold version of the Mint Bullet / Thoughtspace Praxis?

So bought another fission, slight dome Tesla and the parting line height for my other flat as hell one is way high in comparison. This seems to confirm what I expected, so Slight Dome Special Edition New, is in the bag to be tested and flatter than hell high parting line is possibly out.

So bought another fission, slight dome Tesla and the parting line height for my other flat as hell one is way high in comparison. This seems to confirm what I expected, so Slight Dome Special Edition New, is in the bag to be tested and flatter than hell high parting line is possibly out.

I've had a slight dome fission tesla for about two months now, and one of my most reliable disc in the bag. Started out straight down the middle, now with a little bit of fade. Now that I think about it, out of my four 9-speeds has the most parked shots, should probably go pick up a backup:)

Status
Not open for further replies.