• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my box, posted it in the gyropalooza thread..

Proxy blue glow 171g
Envy blue glow
R2 signal 159g
Reactor 172 N
Crave 167 N
Servo 159 N
Motion 162 N
Photon 165 F?
Virus 170 P
Paradox 178 watermelon P
Uplink 175
Tantrum 172
Terra 174
Tenacity 172

Hmmm and here it is again haha. Really have to hand it to MVP for the better mix of discs. Of course I say that because I'm moderately happy with moderate expectations but I could make myself a bag out of the box.

I've seen a couple people dissatisfied either with it being too heavy or too light but the intentional mix is worth the extra couple bucks this year. Always nice to have a good mix of stuff for gifts/ loaners etc. Been curious about a terra but I wasn't going to lay down $30 to try it, same with the motion, virus and the signal was a nice surprise. Interested in exploring it and the virus first

So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn't generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn't generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

That would be BH. Bizarro autocorrect. Also, take care of your elbows, folks. Shutting it down for a couple weeks to recover.

Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

I would have said Octane, but I don't throw a lot of high speed stuff.

I occasionally throw a 157g Octane and 150g Defy - they fly very similar to my G-Star Destroyer, but longer.

Just popped in to say something dumb

But so that your question doesnt get lost in the mix, I don't know, what mvp disc would be most like a destroyer?

My dumb comment is this. If disc golf was Starcraft, MVP would be the Protoss.

(Who'd be Zerg, maybe Discraft?)

The Zerg would be Gateway, and the Zerg rush should be renamed the wizard rush, they make them in so many plastic blends they have to have aliens in that factory in Missouri!

So, the one non-MVP disc that I really wish I had back was a lightweight S Line DD3. Couldn’t generate enough BU spin, but it was stunning when the FH would hook up. Just ordered a Fission Octane as a potential option for that role. Any other suggestions within the camp for a smooth Destroyer type?

The Plasma Octane reminded of throwing the Halo Destroyer in both grip and flight, with the Octane a smoother glide and more distance. Neutron Excite reminded me of a Star Destroyer in the grip, but the Destroyer more dominant with the wind. So far nothing in MVP compares to a G-Star Destroyer. However, the past few weeks we've had the wind pickup in Virginia Beach as usual this time of the year 15-30 mph gusty over 40 and will get stronger in the winter months. Both the Octane, Excite, and Catalyst fared poorly so they were traded in for non-MVP discs. I kept the Neutron Relativity nice glide in lighter winds, and longer distance. I really wish I hadn't traded away my G-Star Destroyer last winter's wind disc when I started flipping my bag to MVP this past spring. I enjoy throwing in stronger wind, and at the moment I'm auditioning a handful of other discs to fill the void in higher disc speed that will hold the wind, that doesn't seem available with MVP. In lower speed discs I've found that the Plasma's will hold the wind, just not the Octane.

Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

Threw the heck out some eclipse envy tonight...

When the f### are we getting a decent eclipse fairway??? Like seriously. I'm tired of looking for my Halloween crave 1.0, the envy just jumps at me, even the one with the rainbow dye job.

Eclipse Relay Now!!!
ERN ERN ERN

Relays have been broken for a while and many are more stable than craves.

I want Glow2.0 Signal. Probably fly like a Zombee and have amazing glow.

I would take any fairway...

Signal might make sense with the generally more OS nature of eclipse.

Last edited:

I got a Signal and a Relay in my Gyropalooza box. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the Relay. I normally throw Volts, forehand dominant. The Relay definitely felt like the flight numbers were off. I picked up a max weight CN L2 Crave today as well as a Servo. In order of stability, mine are:

173 N Signal
174 CN Crave
168 N Relay
174 N Servo

173 N Signal
174 CN Crave
168 N Relay
174 N Servo

Looks familiar - I've cut the cord for a month and don't have a Crave in the bag.

I feel like I can hit any line out to about 290' with …

157 Signal N
173 Signal N
167 Relay N
167 Relay CN
168 Servo N
172 Shock Plasma
167 Resistor N

Until the next poor round when the Craves go back in :)

Anyone try a Panic? I saw some cool ones on sale and it's numbers are in my wheelhouse.

Chanced a couple quick FH tosses with the new Octane (158 fission) since the backhand's been more problematic in this stretch. Can confirm that it goes like absolute stink (field comparisons with a Zenith and Wave. Should've grabbed the Defy, but here we are) on the FH and will have a spot in the lineup as I ease back into throwing regularly.

Nice!!! I like the light fizz octane and plasma wave combo.... About the most distance you can get with a disc. :D truly impressive molds for limited armspeed!

On a similar but somehow sadder note.... I'm getting my best distance ever with a 159 R2 signal on uphill drives. Feeling like backing that one up. Effortless uphill distance! Which just tells me I need to put more effort into "training" and driving in general. I'm sure there's more than a few past posts about me saying my 174 signal was a flip turd or roller disc etc... how times change. Haha.

Dang it Throwa, you got me wanting a signal now. I'm already in love with the underworld, but hey, maybe things can be even better.

Haha, I've heard good things about the underworld.

Fission octane and waves are amazing distance... but I'm not in that category right now. Signal is all right, I'd still take a relay on the flat unless I want to hyzer flip. The signal is just nailing it on those 45 degree uphill 250' ish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.