• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am comparing it to a fresh Drone or a fresh Gila. Both are more OS and have more glide.

discraft mids are superior

you wont be able to match drones os with glide

Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.

Admittedly I haven't had much experience with newer Drones, but back in my Buzz days I tested them exhaustively as an overstable compliment. I've thrown Ds and a few runs of Z. The Drone is blunter/slower and more overstable than the Pyro. I don't think it glides more at all if we are comparing Z to Proton. The Drone has more of a C-shape flight and even when seasoned it doesn't ever fly flat well. Like a mini Pred it wants to be turned over or fading. The Pyro holds flat lines and does it quite a bit faster than the Drone.

glo flx drone had hella glide

or esp

i really dont know anyone who throws z drones and i havent thrown a z in ages

i should have specified

So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.

So I'm thinking of getting another relay after giving mine away to a buddy. How does the switch compare to the relay? I will probably be pairing it up with either a Rival or a Crave for my slightly more overstable fairway.

switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot

switch was a really stupid it had a ton of turn and a decent bite back think a really dramatic eagle flight

regardless if you pair a relay with a rival or switch or crave you really need another mold for that true os fairway slot

I've only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasn't pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but haven't thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

What would you pair with the relay as an OS compliment?

If I am playing out of my big bag, I use a K1 Kaxe for my OS Relay slot. If I am playing out of my crunchbox, I will use my 150g Proline Banzai.

Both the Kaxe and the Banzai have great glide but still resist turning over in a headwind.

Last edited:
I've only tried the crave in 160g proton and it wasn't pretty straight unless thrown hyzer or powered down. Was thinking a max weight eclipse when they are released to pair with a relay.

For me the rival is similar in stability to an eagle or teebird. Think it would make a good pair with a relay but haven't thrown one in a while. If I needed more stability I would probably just go to my firebird.

Well if the Crave isn't stable enough the Volt is the next logical step, I wouldn't bother with the Switch then for sure. It is goofy I like it but it's got a weird turn sometimes I love the late bite. Honestly for me I use a fission Photon for that role in a lighter weight than my Relay.

volt

or champ or star teebird

I wish the volt had the same flight but retained the same handfeel as the rest of their fairway drivers. I've tried it and I just don't like the way it feels.

**** so I went out playing a week ago towards sunset.. At my place luckily.. Took my prettiest dark pink swirl proton Spin. Lost it on the third hole. Looked 5 times finally found it this morning. Found another guys disc that's been lost for 3 yrs. Haha

I'm on the list for a Halloween eclipse Crave too.. It's been a good day so far

The short answer -- it hasn't come out yet. The longer answer is it depends. I too have been searching for a Speed 6 spot that flies 6/4-5/0/0. An OS Relay would be perfect. i have tried all in the MVP lineup and the closest are max weight Shock -- not the older runs but one of the newer runs. It is labelled as 6.5/5/-1/2. But at max weight I don't find it has that much HSS. The LSS is definitely there so that is why its not my ideal yet. A Switch and Inspire have too much HSS. A Volt is faster and and the Neutron runs are definitely don't have much HSS. Perhaps .5. The Fission Volts, especially the lighter ones, can give you more of that Speed 6 flight, but too much finesse and it is too fast. A Speed 6 with 0/0 would be great. Of the Relays, the older Circuit Run and the Proton looking Neutron ones have been more OS compared to the newer ones. I have some newer ones that have a -2 right off the shelf. The Relay is a staple in my bag and I agree that a more OS with little fade would be great.

I recently got a 168g N Resistor that makes a fine complement to my N Relay. It is not as OS as the numbers say but always flies straight and fades at the end.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah my Resistor was board flat almost concave it was a beasty. Definitely a FB at slower speed wannabe. Nowhere near a Relay.. I found the Servo pretty beefy too I think it's more the OS Relay Forehand Disc.. Backhand there's too much separation.. For me. If you were tossing 400 though maybe. I found it glideless but maybe that's what you want.

It's the Crave for me in that next step up from the Relay (166) slot.. My fission Photon is 143g is the tweener but it's not as FH resistant. I have a few Craves spanning different weights and plastics, my proton is pretty beefy. So I'm just gonna say that maybe it's the "Archer" ... :D

Last edited:
Yeah my Resistor was board flat almost concave it was a beasty. Definitely a FB at slower speed wannabe. Nowhere near a Relay.. I found the Servo pretty beefy too I think it's more the OS Relay Forehand Disc.. Backhand there's too much separation.. For me. If you were tossing 400 though maybe. I found it glideless but maybe that's what you want.

It's the Crave for me in that next step up from the Relay (166) slot.. My fission Photon is 143g is the tweener but it's not as FH resistant. I have a few Craves spanning different weights and plastics, my proton is pretty beefy. So I'm just gonna say that maybe it's the "Archer" ... :D

I would agree on Craves but I have found them the most inconsistent disc in the MVP fairway lineup. I have some (all near the same weight) that have a -1 to -1.5 HSS where others are a 0 with a LSS of a 2-2.5. I am envisioning an OS Relay with no HSS off the shelf and with a fade of 1 to 1.5. I agree that the Servo has a bit too much fade for that shot but I feel it is closer and more consistent than the Crave.

I am envisioning an OS Relay with no HSS off the shelf and with a fade of 1 to 1.5.

That my good friend is called the "Switch"

I got a couple really like em. Problem is the lack of HSS and that sweet fade dont always play well together...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts