• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

I remember reading somewhere that there will be a new shade of Orange, that actually looks bright orange and not the pale fleshy orange out now. Any chance of getting a pic of one of these discs posted when they are made?

Yehosha said:
I remember reading somewhere that there will be a new shade of Orange, that actually looks bright orange and not the pale fleshy orange out now. Any chance of getting a pic of one of these discs posted when they are made?

Yep! I believe they were ran on the later portion of our second run, which were Softs. I will see if we still have some of them around and if I can get a picture taken for you.

Thanks,
~Chad

Worm 28 said:
Yehosha said:

Yep! I believe they were ran on the later portion of our second run, which were Softs. I will see if we still have some of them around and if I can get a picture taken for you.

Thanks,
~Chad
Awesome thanks.

Sparkle Reef and Wizard are my Driving Approach Putters.

Which one of these will I have to give up if I fall for the Ion? Sounds like the Reef.

Also, do they take dye?

Wow that is a nice looking stamp. I like the crisp and clean look of the graphic. I am looking forward to seeing this on a disc.

Nice design !!!

CHEERS - Koffee

wdb4th said:

Which one of these will I have to give up if I fall for the Ion? Sounds like the Reef.

Also, do they take dye?
Both. The Ion acts like a wizard always locked in HSS. They have more glide though. I would assume the core takes dye fine, but I haven't tried.

Finally took my ions out to the course yesterday. Unfortunately, it isnt going in the bag. I had major issues with the tiniest bit of moisture causing major grip problems. This isnt unique to the ion. Any putter in champ-like plastic has this problem. It is okay off the tee, but not nearly as solid as the wizard.

Aaron_D said:
Finally took my ions out to the course yesterday. Unfortunately, it isnt going in the bag. I had major issues with the tiniest bit of moisture causing major grip problems. This isnt unique to the ion. Any putter in champ-like plastic has this problem. It is okay off the tee, but not nearly as solid as the wizard.
I%20pity%20the%20fool!.jpg

You need to give it more time.

Yehosha said:
Worm 28 said:
Yehosha said:

Thanks,
~Chad
Awesome thanks.
My Apologies.. I had them check on those oranges... I thought that they were ran on the last end of our big Soft run... however they were ran during the beginning of the Medium proto run. I will however try to see if we can run some more of those oranges when we get our big Medium run going and will be sure to take lots of pictures of some of the new colors we will be trying to run :D

riverboy said:
wdb4th said:

Also, do they take dye?
Both. The Ion acts like a wizard always locked in HSS. They have more glide though. I would assume the core takes dye fine, but I haven't tried.
I don't have any experience with the Sparkle Reef, but a bit with the Wizard. I cant say which or the other it will replace for you as your disc requirements may be very different than mine. The Ion isnt quite as true stable as the wizard, however it can handle a lot of snap and power off a drive in good conditions. I have been getting in more and more practice with them and even a lot of night golf with an LED under the Ion. I can say that I am more and more satisfied and even impressed the more I use it. I can throw the Ion on the most beautiful dead straight 300 ft drive with just a tiny bit of predictable fade near the end similar to that of a broken in Wizard. Some have been comparing it to a Voodoo that can handle more snap (this is due to the increased gyroscopic forces of the overmold) and doesn't break in with our very durable urethane Proton/Electron plastic. With the flight similar to that of a broken in wizard IMO and tying that with the increased gyroscopic forces of the overmold give the Ion the ability to shape MANY different lines. With the glide and gyroscopic forces acting together you can release the Ion at different angles with some snap and it will HOLD that line entirely with just a tiny bit of consistent fade towards the end of its flight so it falls down flat.

As for taking dye... yes, the urethane Proton plastic used for the core takes dyes extremely well as it will take dyes just like Champion, Z, etc plastics will. I know it has been asked a few times, however I would love to see some of the dyes when you all get them finished! I seen a dye from one of our retailers already and it looked great! Perhaps I will see if I can dig out the image and post it up here.

Thanks,
~Chad

I went back and found the email that our retailer who had done a dye on an Ion of hers. Here is the email with the Image of her dyed Ion that was attached:

Happy Tuesday! Just a quick note to let you know that the putters are AWESOME. I have had them for sale in the store for approximately 36 hours here in the panhandle of Florida, and WOW...I could not have asked for a better start to this new product.

I have also attached a picture of an ION that we dyed in the store today and your plastics have taken the dye beautifully! The pic is of my little girl that is 9...and it turned out great!

So, thanks again and you will be hearing from us soon for a new order!

Teresa

Key Chains Bike & Disc
20 Walter Martin Road
Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32548

wjh0zc.jpg
Another big thanks to Teresa for this email and beautiful dye!

i used a blade to remove the flashing....and like it alot more :)

Latest posts