• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

I've gone from my multiple voodoo setup to a Ion/VP setup and I don't think I'm going back. I was worried about the feel/grip of the Ion plastic for putting, but since I've started trying them out for that roll I've encountered all kinds of conditions and haven't had a problem. I do have to make sure I wipe the top clean and dry if it's wet but it's nothing I wouldn't do anyway so no problems. The added bonus being that I was hitting the basket a lot with my voodoos and switching to the Ion has instantly fixed that for me. :mrgreen:

I'd be all over some white/black Ions. They'd be sick. I also think I'm getting used to the softs' flexibility for drives enough that I may not try the firms. It wasn't bothering me for P&A, but driving felt odd until today.

Can you run metal flake in your plastics?
I'm thinking about a peralescent silvery core with a gunmetal gray overmold.
Now THAT's manly!

Spinach D said:
How is the ion for roll aways? It looks prone to them.
Never had a problem. I can tell you that when the Ion hits an object, it does some funny bounce and drops. I have never had a roll away with one.

riverboy said:
Spinach D said:
Never had a problem. I can tell you that when the Ion hits an object, it does some funny bounce and drops. I have never had a roll away with one.

I had one roll away yesterday when it fell out of a tree at just the right (wrong) angle. Other than that one time though I haven't had it happen from regular metal hits or tree hits.

what'shisname said:
riverboy said:
Spinach D said:

I had one roll away yesterday when it fell out of a tree at just the right (wrong) angle. Other than that one time though I haven't had it happen from regular metal hits or tree hits.

I've had a couple, but they are a rarity with the softs. That "funny bounce" happens because of the flexibility. It does that when it hits the ground at a rolling angle and usually knocks it off the vertical plane before it makes it more than a few feet.

Just wanted to post a thank you to the Ion. Twice in two days now I've shot better than my previous personal best at the home course and I couldn't have done it without the Ion off the tee. It flies so buttery smooth and the guys I've been playing with comment on that constantly.

Spinach D said:

Ironically this happened to me for the first time yesterday. It was a perfect confluence of circumstances. I had a 50' jump putt that I putt some spin on, it hit the top of the basket, got turned sideways and knocked downward, and then it the outside of the bottom of the basket. It was still spinning and rolled about 35' before dropping. Considering that situation, I think many other putters would have went further on the roll. I've tried throwing rollers with them and it works good at low to medium power, but if you put them down too hard the disc buckles and it kills the spin and line.

Here is the finished hotstamp design! Keeping note that the image size is not proportionate to the final hotstamp size.

2870vsw.jpg

Once again another huge thanks to both Mike and Zach for their artwork which has been combined to create the hotstamp which we are going to use.

We will be working on getting the die made and soon will start stamping thereafter! Right now we are still working everything out for the medium run and want to perfect everything before we release them yet. The shop has still been finishing up a few things which has delayed us a little bit giving us time to prepare for the hotstamp. We are going to get the hotstamp ready as we work on the medium run that way we can release the mediums with the new stamp!

Thanks,
~Chad

Like marmoset said a few pages back, that design is strikingly similar to this:
vendors_02.gif

That said, the stamp looks awesome.

Great stamp! Maybe Zach will feel a little better about art contests now...I was kind of worried seeing the voting early on...Luckily enough I lost my posting privileges (I haven't renewed my PDGA for 2010 yet) right after I got my vote in for Zach's design. Anyway, I love the stamp.

Thanks!

I too personally absolutely love how this is looking so far. I really cant wait to see it come to life in some killer foil on the ION. I have a feeling this hotstamp is going to be eye catching, attractive, and overall a very slick design once put on as an actual hotstamp.

It seems like one of the less busy stamps to me. Tossed my yellow Ion right into the river. :cry: The blues I just got cheered me up though.

Frank Delicious said:
That stamp looks kinda busy to me.
riverboy said:
It seems like one of the less busy stamps to me.
I dont think it looks that busy either. I think perhaps it looks that way because the preview image shows the stamp area larger than what the actual stamp size is going to be. Either way, I am still really excited on how this is looking so far!

Latest posts