• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

They need to make a special edition stamped volt with a zombie on it. This disc just wont die, lol. Put in my bag last night at league for the first time in a couple months. Standing on no18 289 slightly uphill and getting dark, lately I have been throwing a powered down flip shot with my insanity on this hole. My insanity is a darkish red color and I didn't think we would be able to see it in the fading light. So I pulled the hot pink volt and first time throwing it in at least a couple months.... park job and a 2!

They need to make a special edition stamped volt with a zombie on it. This disc just wont die, lol. Put in my bag last night at league for the first time in a couple months. Standing on no18 289 slightly uphill and getting dark, lately I have been throwing a powered down flip shot with my insanity on this hole. My insanity is a darkish red color and I didn't think we would be able to see it in the fading light. So I pulled the hot pink volt and first time throwing it in at least a couple months.... park job and a 2!
I know it sounds dumb, but I always want to take my volt out of my bag, yet every time I throw it, it does exactly what I want it to.

I just picked up a plasma volt from a local shop and it has a silver/glittery stamp. I've seen these advertised on marshall st and infinite as first runs for $25. Does the glitter stamp automatically indicate it was a first run? They even had a second one there, max weight and same color.

Ive been rocking a full set up of volts lately. Fission plasma proton neutron from fresh to beat.

What a damn nice mold.

Yes Dan dealers were limited to 10 each of those FR foil stamps.

The Volts in Neutron, Proton, Plasma, and Fission all seem to be a little different. Thinking the Plasma has a bit more turn, Fission flies longer, and Proton is beefiest. Neutron is truest to flight at 8-9/5/-1/2

Agree? Disagree?

My eclipse volt was certainly the most OS I have thrown. On a side note it looks like my volt will be in the bag for the foreseeable future, since I left my fresh crave out on the course yesterday...:doh:

Yea the eclipse is very dumpy when new. Mine was almost a year old when I lost it and just starting to develop some forward glide.

The Volts in Neutron, Proton, Plasma, and Fission all seem to be a little different. Thinking the Plasma has a bit more turn, Fission flies longer, and Proton is beefiest. Neutron is truest to flight at 8-9/5/-1/2

Agree? Disagree?

neutron and protons are pretty interchangeable. if your volt is super flat chances are its going to fly OS when new regardless of the plastic or stamp whatever..

Fission when heavy are longer neutron/proton volts down to mid 160's at min 155g+ I noticed a little less LSS at my power and more like a seasoned version of the n/p stock volts.

Plasma fly like what you describe (volts are a 9 speed rating for sure) with the -1 HSS. Most common volts outside of the lighter first runs do not have much high speed turn when new at all and a very straight stable disc. My beat up protons fly very tight lines but are not understable at all. Plasma are a glidey and more workable version of those same discs when all at max weight.

Neutron was the most OS. Fission at 165g flew longer but similar flight pattern. The Plasma has alot more turn. Rather the -1 HSS I see a -1.5 or -2. I bought a 175g Eclipse Volt and 173g Proton Volt on release date and both discs have left the bag because they are far and away the most OS Volts I have. Some of it is due to the weight I believe but my old 174g Neutron Volt that became seasoned was far from OS.

Very surprised at how US my new 169 plasma Volt was today. But I was testing it into a headwind. Is this normal for the Volt? My arm was rusty and so was my form. So that could be an issue as well. But my best guess is the steady headwind did not mesh well with the disc. Downwind it definitely was more OS/straighter.

Last edited:
Plasma/Fission Volts would be the least stable of Volt plastics. Fission is a touch more stable at the same weight

Very surprised at how US my new 169 plasma Volt was today. But I was testing it into a headwind. Is this normal for the Volt? My arm was rusty and so was my form. So that could be an issue as well. But my best guess is the steady headwind did not mesh well with the disc. Downwind it definitely was more OS/straighter.

Into the wind it will turn for sure, but overall I wouldn't call my 169 plasma understable. More like perfectly neutral.. unless you throw 450' or something.

I take what I said back yesterday. It was definitely a form issue. I was throwing with anhyzer to compensate for a rusty arm, poor icey footing and a lack of snap due to cold hands and a wet/snowy disc. And throwing into a headwind. The disc still wanted to stay in the air but turned and went right.

Today, I had calmer conditions. I focused on trusting that the disc would not fade quick and I released flat (still had bad footing). I was able to get this disc to fly like a friggin dream. Missed the pin on a 311 foot hole, that sits atop a little 5-10 foot hill, by inches twice in a row. Man this disc was fun to watch fly. It will be in my bag come spring time, there is no doubt about that.

For reference, it is a Plasma 169g.

Last edited:
Received a handful of proton volts with some dome. 5 were regular flat tops while green and purples have a dome ive never seen b4 on a volt.

Not sure if I like them... Threw a 171g yesterday for a while and reminded me more of a FR volt without the HSS. Still a volt just didn't have the beef. Id prefer if protons stay flat and keep the dome for plasma plastic. Not sure i want any volts with this kind of dome but having options isnt a bad thing.

Ill post a picture comparing a few different volts. Hopefully these domey ones are just a sample to see how theyre received. I vote nay.

I am currently working on breaking in a plasma mold Volt at the moment with two neutrons in the bag as well for back up/bit more stability. This is a fantastic mold. It feels great in my hand and I can trust it as a control, fairway driver in the wind. That is what I needed and that is what I got. :D