• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Received a handful of proton volts with some dome. 5 were regular flat tops while green and purples have a dome ive never seen b4 on a volt.

Not sure if I like them... Threw a 171g yesterday for a while and reminded me more of a FR volt without the HSS. Still a volt just didn't have the beef. Id prefer if protons stay flat and keep the dome for plasma plastic. Not sure i want any volts with this kind of dome but having options isnt a bad thing.

Ill post a picture comparing a few different volts. Hopefully these domey ones are just a sample to see how theyre received. I vote nay.

I wonder if these things are intentional or have they grown to the point of diminishing QC?

With it being the greens of exact same weight as well as purples it doesnt really seem random. Granted this is a small sample of 10. Even split between normal flat blue/orange vs domey green/purple

That green one resembles the blue sparkle proton tesla I have when compared to the MikeC N Tesla. Does it have a nipple or is it just domey? Mine has a mild dome with a noticeable nipple.

That green one resembles the blue sparkle proton tesla I have when compared to the MikeC N Tesla. Does it have a nipple or is it just domey? Mine has a mild dome with a noticeable nipple.

Yep like most MVPs with any dome the nipple is there and spins freely when placed flight plate down. Still not like a poptop ive seen on a plasma-ish blended insanity my buddy found. I picked it up and was like wtf?! These are pretty mild dome but have that "heartbeat/drum" like some people desire in a driver.

Anybody know of any runs of Volts that are particularly stable, or plastics? I've got a nice mini-cycle of Volts going and I'm looking for a stable/OS one to cap it off. Proton, sparkle, or are there certain colors that anyone has noticed tend to have a higher plh?

I know MVP stays pretty consistent across plastics/colors, but Aim's post about the domey purple Volts got me wondering...

Flat top/shoulder are the OS volts. Not really any that are as OS like a shock though which is just a volt with fade.

Doesnt matter the plastic. I have a 2013 DN volt in the bag and new run eclipse too which fly the same being slightly seasoned and not really OS volts at all just volts.

Not sure why but had sort of sidelined volts while trying out some of the new highspeed stuff but decided the other day to take this pair of purple swirly small orbit stamps i never bag out to ham lake dgc. First throw with one of the volts on hole 9 i skipped it in for the ace. 2nd round on same hole i threw the other matching one and blew up the chains but it did a weird backflip and came out of the bottom of the cage.

I dunno wtf i was thinking but volts are so damn legit to not bag. Wont be making that mistake anymore :) finally a volt ace after all these years of love and going 2 for 2 on the same hole would have been my DG walk off shot. I might have just quit playing it doesnt get any better does it?!

Going through some old videos, neat seeing how these first run Volts flew my first time throwing them. That pink one I threw first still sees time in my bag for controlled hyzer flips. Glide for days.

My putting sure was awful back then.

Glad to see you back Mike C. Your videos are so very helpful in so many ways. Hopefully they will cycle through your YouTube channel again. I have to agree with the FR Volts. I bag 2 of them now and keep a back up of several more. They are a great disc to start but beat into such a versatile disk. Hyzerflips, panning anhyzer shots, and great s-turns. Thanks for keeping the flame going.

I'm super interested in trying a Volt but have never thought I had a bag spot for it. May have to give one a whirl in the new year.

Lots of glide for sure.

I'm super interested in trying a Volt but have never thought I had a bag spot for it. May have to give one a whirl in the new year.

Lots of glide for sure.

It is a super consistent, slightly overstable control driver for me. Breaks in slowly and feels flat and fairly shallow in the hand.

Eclipse is somewhat beefy

Plasma and Fission break in and can turn noticeably when seasoned.

Proton and Neutron have a slight turn and very consistent fade even when beat.

Last edited:
Sounds like I would like a Neutron a lot then!

Fwiw i find no relation to stability and plastic with volts. It is all about the dome.

I have a 153g fission volt that is slightly OS and 175g protons which fly like a seasoned volt due to poptop dome.

I also have plasma and every other plastic which i put in and out of the bag regularly without even caring just want xyz looking volt for the day lol.

In general lighter weight/domed volts will have a little high speed turn and less LSS but these are not "normal" in my experience with a ton of volts.