• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I'm in that group

Stock is low on plasma at my usual places.

But I disagree. It's tough to be really specific with mvp/axiom. There are certain color/weight combos that are impossible to find. I've tried.

It's pretty much a dumb complaint. They aren't doing the volume of an innova. Certain combos are going to be difficult to find.
What color and weight you loo king for Ranger

So I've been back and forth for some time now trying to decide what would be my main Fairway driver. I have been trying to move to less total molds in the bag. I was working with Saints (been doing so since 2012), Culverin, Convicts, Pipelines, Stags (have bagged these for a few years) and Volts (in and out of the bag for years)

So after some field work on Thursday I decided to go with the Volt. I have 2 first run neutrons (one really beat), 1 super flat Proton, and one slightly domey Plasma.

Played a full 18 at Trophy Lakes in Charleston SC where you have to hit some tight lines and carry over lots of water.... Well it's safe to say, I made the right choice!

Shot -7 (while missing a few close putts). But man did the Volt come through every time I pulled it out of the bag. Hole #10 is a 358' water carries to about 320' if you make a straight- slight hyzer line at the basket. Crazy head and cross wind and I pumped it straight at the pin....Carried all of the water and parked it 4 feet from the basket. Some local tournament was going on and a few different guys mentioned they saw the shot.

I just glad I have decided to go with one mold and stick with it....And it helps that it's has earned my trust over the years. Looking forward to this year's tournaments!

Glad to see that the Volt proved the right choice. It is the disc that I have built my bag around. Currently in the bag are a FR Neutron 166g that carves lines like no other disc. Holds any line I give it. I also bag a FR Plasma 169g that makes beautiful S curves and holds a nice hyzer. I also bag a Fission 156g that is board flat and super OS. Great for headwind and skip shots. It consistently dumps left even after being bagged since it was released. If you like the Volt you are going to love the Electron Volt. I only have one right now, but it is seasoning to be a lot like my FR Neutron. The grip is amazing and the issues with Electron bubbling up after tree hits doesn't seem to hold true here yet. The plastic near the rim is extra thick and the flight plate does not deform like the putter have. Enjoy the Volt. It really is one of there best discs to date.

Eh i deformed a electron volt withouy much use. Its no different vs putters in electron but nice to have a baseline driver in general for MVP.

Nope. I'm done with electron.

Its pretty bad. The only thing it does well is grip like crazy in any condition.

I dont love a lot of baseline plastic in general but it just seems to warp and deform so easily. I figured the vector/volt would have a little extra durability added in the mix somehow.

Its pretty bad. The only thing it does well is grip like crazy in any condition.

I dont love a lot of baseline plastic in general but it just seems to warp and deform so easily. I figured the vector/volt would have a little extra durability added in the mix somehow.

I think it's okay for putting, which is what most people want.

The idea of using electron for divers is insane to me. Not that necessary with how MVP has filled out the lineup.

I think it's okay for putting, which is what most people want.

The idea of using electron for divers is insane to me. Not that necessary with how MVP has filled out the lineup.

Rollers and my "out in the open drives" for dat extra glide.

Otherwise, no. Its not even necessary in the first place.

I think they would be better off increasing the fission plastic weight up to max, instead of baseline drivers and mids... That stuff actually seasons(in under a decade, lol) without deforming.

Last edited:
I think they would be better off increasing the fission plastic weight up to max, instead of baseline drivers and mids... That stuff actually seasons(in under a decade, lol) without deforming.

Agreed. Fission seems to be in between Innova's Pro and Star as far as how quickly it seasons, which is an excellent option to have when you're other plastics take years to break in significantly. If they ran all of their molds in fission up to max weight, I'd definitely bag a few. I could see it working well for mids and fairway drivers especially. I have a 165 Fission Volt that I really enjoy throwing, bu I prefer the feel of max weight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fission mids and putters! Not for the weight but for the feel and break in of this plastic. Great grip and feel. A Fission Vector and ion would be awesome. Even at the max weight of 165g they would be very useful

th

I think after 2500 some posts, this thread has achieved comprehensiveness. :thmbup:

Threw a first run Volt for a while. Nice disc.

It was jet black neutron, and I sold it for what I paid for it a couple years later.

Kind of wish I'd kept it. Not for its flight, but cuz it was a sweet piece of plastic. I get it.

Has MVP announced that the Volt will be released in a production run of Electron plastic? Or is the Winter Series event discs a one-off.