• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Just got a brand new N Volt. My first Volt is now well used. This new one is more OS than my original one was starting out. Like two completely different discs, which is great. While I don't necessarily turn my beat one like an Amp, it seems to have lost a ton of its original fade. New one fades like a worn Shock.

Fwiw i find no relation to stability and plastic with volts. It is all about the dome.

I have a 153g fission volt that is slightly OS and 175g protons which fly like a seasoned volt due to poptop dome.

I also have plasma and every other plastic which i put in and out of the bag regularly without even caring just want xyz looking volt for the day lol.

In general lighter weight/domed volts will have a little high speed turn and less LSS but these are not "normal" in my experience with a ton of volts.

That might be the case. All of my Volts, barring FR's and Plasmas, are very flat. My FR's and Plasmas have mild dome and fly more neutral.

Just got a brand new N Volt. My first Volt is now well used. This new one is more OS than my original one was starting out. Like two completely different discs, which is great. While I don't necessarily turn my beat one like an Amp, it seems to have lost a ton of its original fade. New one fades like a worn Shock.

Worn Shock is the flight path every Volt has had for me since they came out in Proton, save for the Plasmas. I cycle Eclipse with a beat FR Neutron, and the seasoned eclipse I carry is a magically straight disc :D

That might be the case. All of my Volts, barring FR's and Plasmas, are very flat. My FR's and Plasmas have mild dome and fly more neutral.

You can see a few posts back from earlier in the year when i ordered 10 volts and some other stuff from MVP the big dome protons. I had never seen that before in any volts since released. I am with you though when i get volts they normally are flat and start out slightly OS but season up so damn nice and stay that way 4 a longggggg time.

So I finally got a Volt, and plan on giving it a good long test and see if it fits in my bag.

Not sure how this will go since I'm so late to the party, but excited to try it.

Oh really? Never seen any like that. Got any 170g+ you'd part with?

I sold them all to a local guy but will be curious to see if any more of those very domey protom volts are out in the wild.

Id really prefer MVP keep them flat and just use plasma for the domey molds like they have with some others but it made a nice volt to pair with OS ones off tbe shelf for sure.

For reference:
View attachment 57777

View attachment 57778

Domey vs flat. Both brand new from factory and same weight @171g

Last edited:
What plastic/weight? FAF or any shoulder/dome?

It's a Neutron 174, in a really nice royal blue. Nearly flat, tiny bit of shoulder but hardly any to speak of. The top reminds me a lot of one of my Phases that is super flat on top but with a very slight shoulder by the overmold.

Bought two volts today, purposefully selecting a domed proton with the lowest plh and then a really flat neutron with the highest plh.

Gotta say I'm a bit worried. The domed one has some turn and a healthy fade. The flat one is nicely os as expected. Really great 1-2 combo. The domed one almost got me a deuce on a fairly tight and long hole today. Hole 8 at oakwood.

20170317_154542_zpscnj5ymkg.jpg

Thinking about picking up a plasma volt.

Forgot that you can't be picky about weight and color when ordering MVP discs.

Went and threw some in the field today; I've officially decided to take out the PDs in my bag and go with the volts. Right now I have a beat Neutron, a fresh plasma, and an eclipse on the way, all max weight.

Thinking about picking up a plasma volt.

Forgot that you can't be picky about weight and color when ordering MVP discs.

Sure you can. This time of year people's stock is a little low, but there are so many vendors that sell nothing but MVP discs, as well as your larger vendors. Heck, join the mvp buy sell trade group on facebook and ask what you want. Someone probably has it. They are slow approving people, but it is a great group.

Went and threw some in the field today; I've officially decided to take out the PDs in my bag and go with the volts. Right now I have a beat Neutron, a fresh plasma, and an eclipse on the way, all max weight.

That is a bold statement my dude. :rolleyes:

Sure you can. This time of year people's stock is a little low, but there are so many vendors that sell nothing but MVP discs, as well as your larger vendors. Heck, join the mvp buy sell trade group on facebook and ask what you want. Someone probably has it. They are slow approving people, but it is a great group.

I'm in that group

Stock is low on plasma at my usual places.

But I disagree. It's tough to be really specific with mvp/axiom. There are certain color/weight combos that are impossible to find. I've tried.

It's pretty much a dumb complaint. They aren't doing the volume of an innova. Certain combos are going to be difficult to find.