• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My turn~

Haven't done this in a while ._.

Still the same bag, mostly. Took out the Inertia for my Orc, I still think I got a freaky stable Inertia. My Z XL is in a pond, I'm gonna have to get a new one. Still want a Evo Voodoo. And my ol' DX Stingray is back in the bag, for million dollar challenges :p

I haven't been playing much, I need to get back into the swing of things. A Marshall Street order might be in... order. But I can't seem to justify ordering from them without spending 50 dollars >3> Evo Voodoo, Z XL, that's only like 25 bucks. Hmmm....

Theyve got the old mold Beasts in the G* :D Which means if you like those, theres your ticket... if you like the newer production beast, that means scoops a few up while you can ;)

Warriors are the bee's knees.

I got two in the mail today. One has a tiny bit higher plh, but I only threw the lower one.

I was looking for something more OS than my Ghosts to cycle, and I think I found it. The inner rim is kinda weird curved, like an Ion (apparently) and they're super stiff. But... The stiffness didn't bother me when I was playing, and they have really nice grip. The rim felt odd the first few times throwing it, but at the end it just felt right. Like, why aren't all discs this way, this is good. Not that I want all my discs to be that way.

Anyway. They're pretty darn OS. My Ghosts like to flip to flat, so I'm used to throwing with a bit of hyzer. The Warrior wasn't having any of that. Which led to some lousy shots. It'll just take a bit of getting used to throwing flat.

Super HSS, strong LSF. I'm wondering how they'll break in. I hit some trees due to the aforementioned lousy shots, but it doesn't seem any worse for the wear. Just a little dirty. Remind me not to get white discs any more >.>

It makes me want to try other Gateway discs. Maybe an Element to compliment the Warrior, since I don't see it being at the straight beat in level for a while. And maybe an Apache. Just because.

Kinda makes me wonder how a Demon flies. These are pretty darn overstable... Do Demons even fly? Or do they kinda just crash into the ground after a 50 foot hook?

Oh. And there was a new Polecat too. I was too blown away by the Warrior's awesomeness. But it did Polecat things. Like be a reliable, straight, all those other things disc.

Last edited:
My bag is feeling very American. Although the orange Voodoos don't really fit in.

I haven't thrown the Element or Apache yet, but... I like my Warrior alot, so the Element seemed like a no brainer for a straight/slightly understable compliment. And the Apache feels nice. Can't wait to try them out :thmbup:

Attachments

• 0128152222.jpg
    0128152222.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 24
Nice! Warrior is such a solid disc and the Element too. You might find that the Element will eventually replace the Stingray.

I like the Element. Not sure on the Apache. I can't tell if I'm wrist rolling it, or if it's just flippy. Hmmmm....

But it's time for a super speed 9/10 battle for the random longer than an XL spot in my bag. I never realized how many discs of that speed I've acquired until now >.> But I keep hopping between them, so I think I should pick one.

The candidates are...

Orc, in Star, DX, and Champ. I liked the DX one, but I never really got consistent with them. Champ is a meathook.

Valkyrie, in G Star and Pro. Pro really gets out there, but can be a bit unreliable. GStar is beefy.

Champ Viking. Seemed kinda brickish, maybe I got a dud.

Avenger, in beat X, fresh X, and Z. The Xs are nice, but have a big dome. Z is a meathook.

Hatchets, in TP. I seem to remember them going pretty far and having good glide. I think I stopped using them because of the colors I got >.> Dark purple and copper.

GL Striker. Never thrown it.

Avenger SS. Same story as that Viking, I dunno.

Apache. Beats me, I haven't thrown it that much.

ESP Flash. Last year around this time it was too much disc for me. We'll see.

Neutron Intertia. Same story as the Avenger SS and the Viking. It seems like it has a high PLH, but I don't have anything to compare to.

And that's it, besides an XXX I'm not including in here >.>

I feel like the Avengers will come out on top, since I do like them. I'm just worried that between the Avengers and Warriors, there won't be any room for Vipers. Warriors are pretty fast mids, and Vipers are pretty slow fairways, so there's already some overlap... And the Z Avenger could cover the super meathookiness of the Champ Viper....

I just really like Vipers, but don't really need to carry things I don't throw. Hmmmm.....

New to the forum

Curious what is everyone's top disc brand of choice. I know there are tons out there and I was just wondering what one person thinks over the other:clap:

So, I had my super 9/10 speed throw off. It turned out about how I expected...

After the first few times walking back across the field picking up 16 driver I was like, "This sucks." And it was gonna wear out my arm. So I narrowed it down a bit to DX Orc, TP Hatchet, X Avenger, S Apache, and Pro Valk. Eventually, it got narrowed down more to the Hatchet and Avenger.

Hatchet:

Pros:Super glide
Goes farthest
More predictable than the Valk. Which is more predictable than the Apache.
Doesn't overlap my Vipers, so my bag would only be overlap village instead of overlap city.

Cons:If I get a little oaty I have no idea where it's going to end up.
Easier to screw up and turn forever.
I'll have to get a new one in a more visible color

Kinda worn X Avenger:

Pros: Reliable
Has enough fade to come out of most torquey/oaty throws.
Pretty good glide. But not as good.
I have a Z, fresh X, and kinda worn X, so I won't have to buy any more

Cons: Big dome
Doesn't quite have the distance of the Hatchet, but if it gets beat more, it may get longer

I'm leaning towards the Avenger, but I dunno. The best Hatchet throw was about 20 feet farther than the good Avenger throws, but the not so good Hatchet throws were kinda all over the place. The Avenger throws all ended up in pretty much the same spot.

So more distance (and Vipers), or predictability and not spending money?

Predictability and not spending money; better to have the control than to get those super amazing throws.

Avenger report: Played a windy round today. How windy? The one tailwind shot I tried with my pink X XL that's been bagged for about two years looked like I threw a new Avenger. The Z Avenger pretty much ignores wind. 45 degree anny in a headwind, fought out hard. The Xs held up well enough, although they turned more than usual, which is to be expected. They also didn't go as far as usual, which I'm blaming on the headwind pushing on the big ol dome, slowing it down. I'm probably wrong :p

Next buy: Z or ESP Avenger with less dome than my X's, but a lower plh than my Firebird Z Avenger.

Last edited:
It's been a long time, so...

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 years and a month or so
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH 90% off the tee, pretty even mix of backhand and forehand on approaches
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Polecat: 200 and down
Warrior/Element: Probably up to about 250
XL:250 to maybe 280, 300 max on a good day or with favorable wind
Avenger: Probably past 300

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Lazy bum. I'm still skinny though :p
Other sport proficiencies?: Um. I can get a t shirt in the hamper from across the room.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Everything seems to be working well right now, actually. Sometimes I think, "Hey, I need something shorter than a Warrior, or more stable than a Polecat for this shot" but then I power down the Warrior, or do some fancy stuff with the Polecat and it works out fine. My brain just thinks I need more discs :p
Specific areas of desired feedback: My distance hasn't really changed in two years, I'm young and stuff too. That's probably more for the technique forum though >.>
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term.

e63fe382-877f-4295-a452-50b8e27a1ef3_zps4203c187.jpg

Bag: Brown Crunch Box

Avengers (weight/plastic)(condition)/use):
164 Blue X, 6/10: My main driver if I'm trying to throw far. If I throw it hard and flat, it turns some, then fades a bit more. Like... 9/5/-1/2. Maybe 2.5 or 3 on the fade. Maybe.
164 Blue X, 8/10: My overstable control driver on most days. Probably like 9/5/-.5/3. Good on flexies, doesn't like the wind much. I blame the big ol' dome. My Xs are twinsies, same dome/plh/color/stamp/weight, almost the same swirls in the plastic.
165 Red Z, 8/10: Beef. My utility disc, pretty much. I'm not sure if it's too much disc for me or what, but it's a meathook. It's plh is quite a bit higher than my Xs. Ignores any wind that I've come across so far. Skippy too.

XLs

170 Red/Pink Z 8/10: Probably my most consistent driver. Super straight, or small turn, then a reliable, but not too strong fade. Doesn't go as far as my other XLs, probably because it's more overstable, and glides a bit less. 7/4/-.5/2
171 Blue X 7/10: Nice. Turns some, fades about the same amount. Great when I need a shot that doesn't move around much. Glides better than the Z.
? Pink X 5/10: I've had this disc for quite a while, it seems like. It's in the first picture on this thread, after all. My turning driver. 7/5/-2ish/1. Hyzerflips, turnovers, awful rollers, tailwinds.

Midranges:
180 Light Blue Warrior 10/10: It's filler pretty much. I had extra space in my bag, and I don't like my discs wiggling around that much.
176 White Warrior 7/10: Nice and moderately over stable. Can take quite a bit of heat, I think. Handles the headwinds fine, like to skip on the pine needles and leaves sometimes though.
174 Red Element 8/10:Slightly understable. It's pretty darn workable. Compliments the Warrior very well, same handfeel.
165 Blue Stingray -12/10: Way beat up, one of my first discs. It's still the only disc that's not a putter I can backhand for some reason. I've had some great drives with it though. If I try to forehand it, it does a barrel roll, or something close to it. It either means my forehand has form problems, or my backhand is extremely weak. Probably both :p May be a woobie disc.

Putters:
172 White DX Polecat 8/10: Main driving putter. Holds any line, does not too terribly in the wind, all that stuff. Plus it's a Polecat.
? Yellowy Gray R-Pro Polecat ?/10: Got it at the same time as my Stingray. It's gotten kinda understable, but amazingly workable. For super touch shots, and approaches that stop instantly. Or pretty close. Drives sometimes too. I can still forehand this one. Definitely a woobie.

175 Green SS Voodoo 9/10: Just got it in the mail today. I love green putters. I didn't really care for driving with the Voodoos (not that they're bad at it) so this is the only one in my bag. Putts only.

Dogs:
Ruby: She doesn't fit in my bag, and I can't throw her very far. Her face says, "Why are you taking pictures of frisbees, throw them!"

That green Voodoo is sweet. Just the perfect stiffness, my SSS were a bit on the soft side. And it's green. I'm not allowed to have green discs that go far :c I was hitting putts left and right with it today though. Maybe the extra stiffness helped? Maybe I was just putting well? Maybe I'm just an amazing putter. Yeah, that's it.

I'm still going to look for an ESP or Z Avenger with less dome than my Xs and a lower PLH than my meathook Z. I just don't think the Xs are suited for headwinds, they're more of a max D bomber disc. For people other than me.

Alright, I'm thinking of doing something crazy. I think I'm gonna try a Wizard :p

Sometimes the Warrior is too much, and the Polecat isn't enough, stability wise. I still can't seem to drive things besides putters and my Stingray backhand, and well, the Wizard is the best driving putter in the universe, right? :p

I have been hitting lots of putts with my Voodoo, but the Wizard just has a bigger bead right? I should be able to putt with them with out much adjustment. I'm expecting them to drop a little faster, and fade a little harder on putts. I never really cared for the Voodoo driving, but Wizards are amazing. Supposedly. We'll see how this goes :p

Supposedly! They are pretty great. I used 'em for driving for 2 years. I liked cycling them, but I found the S plastic changed shape a lot and they've been phased out over the last year for driving duty. I've been putting with the same pair for just over 2 years with no complaints!

If you're worried about the "drop a little faster, and fade a little harder", drive/approach or 1-disc round with them for a while before moving them into the putting-putter slot. It doesn't take too long to straighten them out, and gain some glide that way.

So I played a Wizard/Avenger round.

First thing, a putter and an overstable driver isn't really a balanced bag :p

On the FLX Avenger: When I got it home and compared it to my beefy Z, they had the same PLH. So I figured it would be a crazy meathook too. It's not, it's just pretty overstable. I can actually get it to hold straight for a while, instead of hooking out of my hand. Still fades hard. It's pretty much what I was looking for in a headwind driver.

But I don't really get it. It has the same PLH, it's 10 grams heavier, and has a sorta puddle top after the shoulder. But the Z Avenger is more overstable? :confused:

On the Wizard: Super nice. I was putting great with it, and the misses didn't blow by as far as the Voodoo. Nice and stable on backhand drives/approaches. But... I was having alot of trouble forehanding it. I know it's me, not the disc. Maybe I'm just not used to how deep it is? I'm gonna get a few more in a different color that are heavier than 170 and use them for driving. This one is going straight in the putter pocket :thmbup:

It's time for another change. Maybe. In midrange land.

I like the Warrior. It's staying put. My white one still hasn't changed much/at all, so I haven't even thrown the light blue one yet >.> The Element is where I'm feeling iffy. It was awesome when it started, but it's been getting flippyish real fast. It's making me want to start throwing Cobras again.

I stopped throwing Cobras because my King Cobras weren't always as HSS as I wanted them to be, AND ALL MY MIDS HAVE TO BE THE SAME/SIMILAR MOLDS ALHKSGSLKDG. But the regular Cobras were my favorite disc a few times. I don't think I liked how speedy they are, but Warriors and Elements are speedy too. So I think I'm over both of those things now :p Also, I have four Cobras >.>

My FLX Avenger is nice. It doesn't really go any farther than my XLs, since I'm a noodle, but it has great HSS and a strong fade at my noodle level. Good OS fairway, and headwind disc. The X Avenger is my longest disc, and I still haven't figured out why that Z is more OS than the FLX >.>

Warrior ace!

On hole 8 yesterday at Fort Yargo.

This one:
f38d48f7.jpg

On the sneaky forehand hyzer line.

Also got my tax check yesterday, so it was a pretty good day :p

Okay.

So I moved to Marquette, Michigan at the beginning of summer. And have played like three times the entire summer >.>

But that doesn't mean I can't change my bag around again.

Luckily I have enough things to switch things up without spending money.

I'm pretty sure I had this setup last year sometimes....

XLs, Vipers, Ghosts, Magnets, a Rhyno, and a beat Avenger.

Woo.

No descriptions for you.

As stated somewhere, I moved up to Marquette Michigan at the beginning of summer. I think I've played about five times since then :( I've been slacking. But I've been re-bitten by the disc golf bug. I wish it had picked a better time, since I don't find trudging through two feet of snow all that fun.

So what is there to do besides towel drills and change my bag 50 times before spring?

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4 years.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH 90% off the tee, pretty even mix of backhand and forehand on approaches
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver:
Beats me, probably 5 feet by now. Was about 300 with an XL back in the day.

Discs!

Or putters.

Green SS Voodoo: Putts.
Orange SSS Voodoo: Not Putts. Pretty much all non-putt drives and approaches. It can do everything, it's pretty neutral.
Red DX Rhyno: Maybe in the wind putter drives. It has a stronger finish, although it's not really strong. It definitely has less glide, and gets down quick. When I need something like that.

Sometimes I switch out the Rhyno for a Medium V.P. They fly pretty much the same. I just don't always like how the rubber feels. The DX always feels nice.

Middlers:

DX Stingray: Super beat. Understable as... Well, not quite a paper plate yet. Can do all sorts of tricky things, but it's more of a utility disc.
Classic Fugitive: Supposedly more beat than my Lucid
Lucid Fugitive: Main mid. Holds mostly straight, with a small finish. Very workable, does all sorts of lines.
Z Wasp: It's kinda overstable. Nice when I want to throw a mid hard. Holds very straight, strongish finish.

I could probably use a Warrior in the Wasp spot. But I only have S Warriors. I want a bookend, not a cycle.

Drivers:

Pink X XL: Understable driver. It's pretty beat up. I think it's in the first post of this thread. Has a nice controlled turn. I think.
Blue X XL: Flies about a 7,5,-1,2. Go to driver, usually.
Red Z XL: Doesn't glide quite as well as the X's, and is a bit more overstable. Great for more controlled drives.

Vipers:

Pink DX: My first Viper. Glides for days. It's still kinda overstable, but it's pretty beat up. Also probably my longest disc in this particular bag. Flex.
White DX: Pretty fresh. Flies like a DX Viper.
Pink Champion:Super meathook. Probably tied with the Rhyno for shortest disc in the bag. I don't really throw it often, but it's nice to have a super hook thing around just in case. Opposite of the Stingray

Note: I haven't actually thrown these in a while. I'm just going off of memory :p

Secondary note: I also haven't bought a disc in about 8 months. Who else on here can say that? :p

Attachments

• discs2816.jpeg
    discs2816.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 14
Indoor putting practice always helps....

Bag looks good, but I would suggest switching to something other than the fugitive, since DD has now made it OOP. :( you might try heavy comets. Very similar rim shape, probably a little straighter.

I know they're oop, but I figure they're unpopular enough that stock will be sitting around for a while.

I did used to throw Comets. I think I actually switched to Fugitives from them. The Fugitive is less finicky, and has a little more bite at the end, but otherwise they're pretty close.

I could probably switch back if I really need to. Or if Fugitives go above stock price.

Latest posts