• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need some help with my form!!!

Yes, I specifically mention those two muscles in the Butt Wipe Drill and Door Frame Drill pt1. Should actually feel it both legs, but more so in the rear leg.

Awesome!! Its good to know what that feels like. Only time I feel pressure in the front leg is after my heel drops and my knee stiffen/extends...

Does my timing sound right to u from my previous post?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Should be stepping on the gas with the rear foot as the front heel is planting or before the heel is planted - so all your weight is shifting with the front heel planting.

Thanks sidewinder, ill keep working on everything. I have a chance to attend a clinic by johnE Mcray later this month, I'm hoping that helps too.

Standstill looks the best, but your front foot is still spinning out on the heel too early. The foot shouldn't pivot until after the hit. See Finish Position and Width of Stance video earlier in thread.

X-step you are looking head down too much in the backswing, keep your chin up above your shoulders/rotate on tilted spiral so front shoulder rotates underneath back and forth under chin and other shoulder. Also the sequence of your backswing is off with the way you extend the elbow well after the shoulders stop turning back. Do the Door Frame Drill so your arm is loose and extended and your shoulders are still pulled back further as your hips/weight move forward. Your sequence leads to a quick arm jerk from backswing to forward instead of a slow smooth transition. Hershyzer Drill will also help you lead with your butt/weight into the wall first instead of kicking the wall with the foot stride first.

Hop, further exaggerates your issues.

One thing ive been trying to work out is when im off the heel on the rear leg, and pushing from the instep my hips uncork as im planting before i can get the left hip more targetwards and i know this is wrong, i just cant seem to correct it. And if i try to drop the front heel before i push the gas my rear foot rolls to the side and i feel like i have no more leverage against the ground.
This is super frustrating because i know what it looks like and i think i know how it works and have put countless hours into drills and fieldwork but still cant seem to get it right. The only way i can get my left hip more towards the target is if my entire rear foot is touching the ground and im pushing with the side of my foot and my heel, but i know this is wrong too. If i can just figure this one part out the whole lower body thing will click i think. I just dont know what to do. Before i use to get all my weight onto the front leg then push hard into the ground to rotate my hips, i was driving 400 but my knee started hurting after awhile, and slowplastic showed me i was doing it wrong the whole time. What am i missing?! Its probably something really subtle in one of the drils that i keep overlooking. Help me DGCR (sidewinder, slowplastic) you are my only hope.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Maybe try to exaggerate getting rear leg "IN" (gas pedal; from your description it sounds like you might be pushing off rear instep with momentum going out in front of you and causes left hip to rotate around/in front...& prematurely like you said) ... And maybe try to do it slightly before heel plants (I THINK it's supposed to be simultaneous but I THINK better early than late...? Plus doing it this way, timing might work itself out?). Good luck

Hmmm. Yeah ill try that, ill take some video aand post it here in a bit. Can u clarify on what u mean by exagerate getting the rear leg in? If ur talking about what i think ur talking about, i thought that was a byproduct of the force u push off the rear leg... i see pros do it, but dont think i ever have... unless my hips uncork, then the knee drops and my thigh comes in, but i know thats wrong cuz sidewinder says that everywhere in the forums... *pulling my hair out* :)

This is what I mean, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWylc8DSQS0&t

And it is a by product... but make sure momentum is going target-ward... maybe it will click after watching vid above. Power of Posture video, brace against backside and shoulder turn helps set this up... and all videos that reference from behind (see Clement best downswing weightshift) Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5NgYBk2cY

Maybe you are trying to PUSH off to POWER your shot too much? I don't know really. I'm sure SW will come in and clear it all up and some point. I wouldn't get too excited about what I say until he does.

Or maybe to clarify the foot everting in is a by product but I still think you can direct your leg/femur inward/target-ward... you just get more leverage with bracing against backside, etc.

One thing ive been trying to work out is when im off the heel on the rear leg, and pushing from the instep my hips uncork as im planting before i can get the left hip more targetwards and i know this is wrong, i just cant seem to correct it. And if i try to drop the front heel before i push the gas my rear foot rolls to the side and i feel like i have no more leverage against the ground.
1. Left hip makes the lateral targetward move in the backswing(from behind you), not the forward swing. - Hogan Power Move/s, Butt Wipe Drill.

2. Gas Pedal Move happens before or as you drop the front heel and Crush the Can.

Ok i see what u guys mean now. I should be pushing off the rear foot before the front toes hit then hit the gas as the heel drops which uncorks the hips. Am i getting that straight? Sorry for being so dense lol

Pushing off rear foot and gas pedal are one and same, to be clear. ^2 for timing.

Rotation of hips is more of by product of the brace... Hope that helps.

I think you might be trying to explode or spin your hips too much instead of slowing them down and using them in concert to leverage your swing. The goal of leverage is to move something in a specific direction - targetward. Torque and rotation are the byproducts of that targetward leverage.

Your two hips are independent of each other - technically the hip is the femur. In a real swing the Gas Pedal push actually swivels or pivots the rear leg(instead of the chair/pelvis) to maintain leverage/torque though the rear hip into the pelvis. This might not even rotate your pelvis depending on how you do it, but it still provides leverage/torque. The rear leg/foot countering and going behind the front leg to the right tee side is actually anti-rotation which stops your body from rotating and allows you to fully release the arm. The Swivel Chair drill is ignoring weightshift(Crush the Can) which initially keeps the front side from rotating. When you do a normal squat, your hips rotate - the femurs rotate internally and externally in the hip socket/pelvis as you squat down and up, but your pelvis/body does not rotate throughout the entire process because they are maintaining the torque between your two feet to keep you upright and leverage yourself with that weight in the up/down directions.

The front hip needs to stay closed into the Can Crush so you can catch yourself/weight "from behind you". Then after you catch or brace yourself you can extend the braced leg which rotates the front femur/hip. The more the declined brace angle of the front leg, the more the pelvis or "hips" will appear to turn back or clear when the leg is extended on that angle.

Eh. No shoes. You aren't making it balanced upright onto the front hip. Stride is too long and like you are trying to catch up with the rear foot. Your rear heel is still low when you plant, it needs to pivot or swivel up so that your weight moves off the rear side and can go down into the front side plant. So rear heel swivels up while rear knee swivels down = Swivel Chair Drill into Crush the Can. Your rear heel and knee are always moving the same direction so there is no Swivel or pivot. Your stance is somewhat similar to the first thrower below with feet moving away from each other:
Ypj4Sj6.png

Do One Leg Drill feel the balance upright through your front hip. And then Crush the Can with your rear foot raised up on something 6" or so like I do in part 2. And then do some perpetual hammer swinging back and forth, so your feet tangle when you switch directions. Also revisit post #6 video about dragging rear foot and Feldy's Hip to Sky video. You want to be moving upright feet together in the finish, not crashing down and doing the splits.

Your feet should be moving like KJ's when you use two feet, notice how his rear heel is up with toes still on the ground and rear knee is down and the foot is not sliding out through the finish. Also note KJ's rear shin is pointed at the target while your rear shin is whipped around and pointed at us.

Quick question that will change how I'm thinking about the left hip more to the target...

Are we talking rotational or lateral on the backswing? If we are talking lateral then it would go with the feldy hip to the sky thing...

Left hip rotates away and moves laterally toward target in the backswing. After the front foot plants/start of the forward swing, the rear hip is done as the rear foot should be airborne.

Ok I think I get it. In the backswing I've been trying to rotate that side more to get it more to the target

Latest posts