• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course Review Site

Take some Midol and call me in the morning, next patient please.

osbogosley said:
I was enthusiastic about dgcr until you let a hack post a review about my course that was all lies. He was pissed that I did not like his course. You dropped the review at first but then he reposted and you banned me. The way you let reviews that are way out of line and done in spite is sickening. You also have no respect for people who put in time and effort to bring you this game. You are one of the reasons the general public sees disc golfers as nerds.

Does anybody know to which "you" he's referring, or is it all uses of the pronoun?

osbogosley said:
you let a hack post a review about my course

Someone complaining that the moderation at DGCR isn't oppressive enough!? That's a change of pace. If your course is well designed and maintained, one bad review will not do it in.

Any of you ever build a course and install it on your owm money and time? Have you promoted the sport for 30 years? OP knows who you is.

osbogosley said:
Any of you ever build a course and install it on your owm money and time? Have you promoted the sport for 30 years?

yes
no - only 15 or so.

osbogosley said:
I was enthusiastic about dgcr until you let a hack post a review about my course that was all lies. He was pissed that I did not like his course. You dropped the review at first but then he reposted and you banned me. The way you let reviews that are way out of line and done in spite is sickening. You also have no respect for people who put in time and effort to bring you this game. You are one of the reasons the general public sees disc golfers as nerds.

No review is ever off line. It is someones opinion, good luck changing it.

People get caught up in the numbers game with the ratings. Forget the damn numbers, give it a try and if it sucks, don't go back. Its that simple.

A newish course received a zero rating on DGCR because it has trees, this coming from player likely weaned on the brainless floodplain nine-holers that Northern Illinois has an overabundance of. I disagree with this rating, as do all twenty-some other players that have commented on this individual's review, but it is the reviewer's opinion and I will respect it as such. Of course, the obverse is that he respect my opinion that he's a clueless pansy that should stick to playing disc golf on X-Box. :p

Looks like the original post here was five years ago, but I love your site. It has been very helpful to me in finding different courses to play.

My buddy and I just started a blog where we are doing some reviews on the courses we play, and the discs we like. It's just two of us, and it'll be years before we actually have any substance, but thus far, we're having a lot of fun with it. http://discgolfreviewer.com