• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Dye Question Thread

Yes, paint and you let it sit. I leave mine overnight. A drop of acetone will probably help take it faster.

If you want it to take quick and bright, dye powder and only acetone will do it, but i've had a hard time making the color look "even". It gets "streaky". This can also cause the neighboring color to bleed into the one you are working on, if you're not careful.

Last edited:
i have an 11x teebird but it is an orange brown color can I dye the entire disc a different color? what would u guys suggest I use to do such a thing?

Tougher to answer this without a pic of how dark the color is as it stands now. If it is a light enough orange/brown, you could probably dye it Red, but it would end up being a pretty dark (brownish) red, most likely. Maybe Purple would would work as well...

Either way, if you are trying to make your orange/brown easier to find, dyeing the whole disc another color probably won't help much.

Alright here is a picture of it. Thoughts? Ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 23
You can dye it any color that will be darker than the disc. Red, Green, blue, purple, black would probably all come out OK...

If all you are trying to do is make it visible a fuchsia would probably be my first choice. I'm pretty sure that would take and look pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if you could dye that orange as well.

The old rit fuchsia is fantastic. IF you can find the old stuff. I unfortunately don't have too much experience with colors other than red or black in the idye poly. So someone else will have to chime in here for those. But for the most part unless you want to invest in dye those are your best bets.

I don't really know what you want to do, other than you want to dye it one color. The disc is light enough that anything other the lightest colors (yellows, pinks, etc) will probably work at least ok.

iDye poly is the default for what dye to use, now that old rit is difficult to find. Get it at your local fabric/craft store.