• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

So today on the course I found a somewhat beat up Innova Dragon. 150 is way lighter than I normally throw but here is what I'm thinking... I haven't really learned the roller. And seeing as i have a light beat up supposedly understable disc, maybe I could use it for rolling duties. Would the Dragon in fact be a decent disc to learn the roller with?

Well I know nothing about the Dragon. But I have been told that you really want a disc with more wieght to it for rollers.

Okay so since I've started playing, I've mainly used soft putters. I liked the feel from the get-go of the more gummy putters, then I moved to a star aviar which is still rather floppy, but definitely a stiffer rim. My question is, what is the advantage of a super stiff putter like a Discraft Challenger?

Okay so since I've started playing, I've mainly used soft putters. I liked the feel from the get-go of the more gummy putters, then I moved to a star aviar which is still rather floppy, but definitely a stiffer rim. My question is, what is the advantage of a super stiff putter like a Discraft Challenger?

I've heard that stiffer putters work better for push putting. I also have a feeling that they would be better in the wind.

DGR thread
Firm Putters
putter stiffness
putter softness

This comes up quite a bit. First link will probably tell you all you ever wanted to know.

Lots of great stuff BroD, thanks a lot. Definitely worth the read. Another question, kind of unrelated, but a source of confusion, certainly. Domeyness vs flatness. Domeyer = what? More overstable or under stable compared to the same mold, but flatter? TIA

generally domey will mean more overstable, because that means that the Parting Line Height (PLH) will also be higher. The PL is the line on the side of the disc where the two halves come together. Set two of the same mold side by side and take a look. When a particular disc cools down and a dome pops up, that raises the height of the PL by a very minute amount, but it significantly changes how the disc flies.

read this from DGR: What is PLH and how does it work?

what about yeti pros then? their domes are inverted for the most part. i have a lat64 spike in zero that is kinda the same way.

i believe this makes them more understable, not necissarily understable, but MORE understable. That's why they did it on the yeti, to make a less stable, beaded aviar

Let - it - rip!

Tried that today. Big improvement. Feels like it would be an out of control move but it's not. Not every time. Had a few flyers and some too highs but it's certainly a technique to work with.

I saw this today and I think it counts but if u throw it from the box and it goes and skips of the ground and into the basket is that a ace? Probably a dumb question but just wondering because it was pretty sweet seeing it happen.

Latest posts