• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I saw this today and I think it counts but if u throw it from the box and it goes and skips of the ground and into the basket is that a ace? Probably a dumb question but just wondering because it was pretty sweet seeing it happen.

seriously? i've done this like 8 times but never counted it. i always played it from where it skipped. :wall:

Lol. If it's your first shot from the tee and it enters the basket legally (i.e. not through the tray) and stays there it's an ace. It could be picked up by an eagle and dropped in there for all that matters.

(hmm, note to self, train an eagle to "accidentally" give me aces during tournaments)

Lol. If it's your first shot from the tee and it enters the basket legally (i.e. not through the tray) and stays there it's an ace. It could be picked up by an eagle and dropped in there for all that matters.

(hmm, note to self, train an eagle to "accidentally" give me aces during tournaments)

Only if the disc is still in motion. If the disc has stopped and the eagle comes and picks it up and puts it in the basket, then you need to put the disc back at the previous lie. ;)

Ok long time listener, first time caller...Oh wait wrong forum, anyway got 2 noobie questions:
#1 Do Star Teebirds vary in stability. I have 3, 170g which I bought new in Feb of 2011, 173g which I found(no ink) and 175g which I found(called the guy he said to keep it). The 170 is my main driver and it goes straight then fades a little at the end. Sometimes I can get it to do a S curve and it looks really nice.
I pulled the 170g out of storage about 2 months ago and when I throw it, it acts like an overstable driver. I have never got a S curve out of it and it fades hard at the end. Out of curiousity I pulled the 175g one out of storage last week and it acts more like the 170g Teebird I bought new in Feb. Straight with a little fade at the end and I have S curved it a couple of times. The 170g one I bought has seen the most action, from me anyways, but is not beat. The 173g one is about the same as far as condition as the 170 but for the life of me it is overstable. Is this common? Of course I am aware that this could be a technique thing but any insight you all have would be helpful.
#2 Does Innova make an Avair putter that is the same softness as a Pro D Soft Magnet? The reason I ask is because I have an Avair, that has the same shape, stamp as my DX Aviar, but the plastic is exactly the same as my Pro D Soft Magnet. It is super soft. I bought this in Nov 2010 and it is my go to putter. I was wanting to get a backup just in case something ever happened to this putter. I even pulled a new DX putter out of storage, thinking it was the same, but it is still stiff even after about 25+ rounds. My opinion is it was supposed to be a JK Avair, but got the DX stamp instead. Again is this possible. I have shown it to about 3 different guys that I have played dg with but they have never seen one like it.
Anyways thanks for the info.

@#2: yes, it's generally found in R-Pro plastic. but with Innova, you never know. I got a regular stamped DX aviar that feels/flexs like an r-pro. most regular dx is pretty stiff.

@#2: yes, it's generally found in R-Pro plastic. but with Innova, you never know. I got a regular stamped DX aviar that feels/flexs like an r-pro. most regular dx is pretty stiff.

I actually went to the place where I bought the soft avair last weekend, and they had a R Pro Aviar. It was stiffer than this one. I still say it was a mess up at the factory, but who knows. Are the JK Aviars super soft, like a soft magnet?

jk's have a bit of flex to them but in general are noticeably firmer than a typical 'soft' magnet. even a firmer r-pro will break into floppy with some use.

I bought a champion firebird, and I have an old dx firebird, and the old dx firebird is real flat on top, where the new champ one has a dome. What gives?

What does LULZ mean?

lulzsec-lulz.jpg

I bought a champion firebird, and I have an old dx firebird, and the old dx firebird is real flat on top, where the new champ one has a dome. What gives?

Thank you for your question, Mr. Muffin. Due to differing plastic consistencies and varying cooling discrepancies, no two runs of discs are completely alike, especially against different plastics like DX and Champ. Lots of 12x Champ FBs are domey and shunned by traditionalist 11x throwers. Most people like their FBs flat, so if you're one of those people pour some hot water in it and flatten it with a book or something. You may have to repeat this process a few times as plastic has memory and will try to return to its original form.