• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Off season disc tryouts

uNicedmeMan said:
Frank Delicious said:

Sounds like a plan, but what to replace beat wizards?

When I was throwing wizards I would put a beat voodoo or newer magic in the bag. Now I just throw a beat small bead or no bead aviar in that spot.

I have finally gotten the hang of the faster drivers, at least one of them. I throw a pro katana now, and am working out a star katana and a Nuke.

I also want to take out my assassin. I have a few eagle Ls (in champ and dx) that I want to try out. One of the dx's is a 166 and its beat and its too flippy for me to be consistent (sp?) with right now. I am also re-trying stalkers (166 and 172). I like the way they fly.

Hornet vs Wasp. Got a hornet, gonna put it head to head with my esp wasp. Just curious.

Removals: I am going to put away my KC pro Eagle X (favorite driver), my nicely beat Rattlers and my favorite 170 X Comet. Last winter I cracked one of my "good" rattlers. Now have only two that "work properly" so I am going to take the winter to try to break in a couple of new ones.

Triflusal said:
Im gonna see how many DX rocs I can break in to the money spot before winter is over
well my favorite DX roc just got two small holes punctured in it, so I need to get on this

Think I'll try my old fairway combo of TB's and Leo's and see how it compares to my JLS's. I also have a 167 champ beast that's brand new...found it on the course. Might as well test it out too, if nothing else it can be a water hole disc.

Ions.

Ever since the Ion came out, I thought it was the best looking disc on the market. Never tried it, because I'm something of a traditionalist and thought it was too gimmicky.

After reading threw all the great reviews here, finally broke down and bought 2. Threw them for the first time in a round today. Played terribly except for putting (with the Ions) which is usually the opposite of how I play. Had some trouble ranging them for approaches, but they were money for putting even with the strong winds there were today. They immediately fit with my putting style.

Just wanted to hop in and let you guys know I will be testing out the FD in place of ... well its not replacing anything it will just be a filler in between Rocs/MD2 and PDs. Can't wait!

i will be testing out the fd as well in place of my qjls'. also as of now,ive been testing the ions. so far im liking the eclipse ions for everything. theyre stable enough to handle wind and are easy enough to work on different lines. whoever said it was the buzzz of putters,wasnt bullshittin

I'll join Booter and Trey in testing the FD. It would take a lot of it to replace my QJ's but I'll give it a good run

im getting farther backhand drivers and longer putts with my ions each day, i freaking love these new runs, also just got my grape teedevil in the mail today to try out, already loving the grip and feel of this thing for my FH style

Monocacy said:
Winter plastic projects:

ESP Comet /Axis: Z Comets are so predictable that I have never given the ESP Comet a fair trial. I would like to see whether a seasoned ESP Comet can develop enough controllable turn to complement my light Z Comet. As an alternative, I would like to see whether a light Axis can replace the Comets altogether.

Pure: I vacillate on carrying one putter mold or two. I love the Ion, but sometimes miss having an understable putter in the bag. Even my practice Ions that live outside and regularly skip off macadam retain their stability, so I am hoping that the Pure will be easier to control for putter annys, hyzer-flips, and turnovers.

Otherwise, I am pretty happy with the discs I carry. As Mark said, the main problem is the guy throwing the discs . . .

You'll LOVE the Pure then, that is exactly what I use it for. I tried this disc last winter and it has never left my bag, it is purely awesome, dope, rad, bodacious, superlative, n shit.

All my favorite discs are going into the bang shed and the backups are coming out. It is hard to say what I'll try out since there is tons of snow on the ground, which means no drivers.

Possible list:
FDs - non DGR stamped, will have to wait for summer
MD2s - just because, I'm content with The Hive
Z Comet - ESP going to bang shed, swapping in Xs
D P2s - looking for DX AD replacement, hope this fits the bill

All I can think of at the moment.

Scratch the SEX, I´m going for a MILF...wait...I mean a SOLF. Yeah, SOLF.

Sean40474 said:
You'll LOVE the Pure then, that is exactly what I use it for. I tried this disc last winter and it has never left my bag, it is purely awesome, dope, rad, bodacious, superlative, n shit.

QFT

Going to try some light weight putters, 150-class. Loving my Wizards and Magics, but I'm afraid they only go down to 165g or so. What should I try, Aviar and Omega? What other light weight putters are the on market?