• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the g-line DD and wishing I didn't buy a black one with a black stamp haha The g-line DD is a flex shot machine and takes little to know effort for distance. This winter in -5 (feels like -25) weather I have had no issues with distance or the plastic getting too ridged. When compared to s-lines it doesn't fade back as hard, but that being said it isn't a "flippy machine" by any means. When thrown flat/hard it has a slight turn but flys like a broken in s-line DD at that point. Outstanding mold! I need to get a few orange ones :)

I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.

I know 2nd run fds are flat but is there any other run that's on the flatter side as well? I have some of the lizzotte stamped one's and they have a little more dome than I like.
Do you know what run your lizotte's are? I have a regular 5th run that is SLIGHTLY more flat than my 3rd/4th runs, but if you have 5th run lizotte stamps, that's not going to help you. Definitely not as flat as 2nd run.

Do you know what run your lizotte's are? I have a regular 5th run that is SLIGHTLY more flat than my 3rd/4th runs, but if you have 5th run lizotte stamps, that's not going to help you. Definitely not as flat as 2nd run.

I'm pretty sure they were described as a mix of 4th and 5th runs when I bought them from the discmania store. I have another one I bought at pias and it's flatter and is not a 2nd run. I guess I'm just looking for which run is the flattest outside of the 2nd run? I'm looking for c lines for clarification.

All C-Lines.

The 4th and 5th runs are distinctly different. 4th are the softer and more flexible Jolly Launcher plastic. 5th runs are the stiffer and more translucent variant. They fly a bit differently from one another.

5th run is what you're looking for if you want the second most flat(ish) C-Line. If you want a flat, flat FD, G-Line.

One can hope a cool stamp on a bunch of molds! maybe a stamp that pays homage to one of the original designs?

VlT8nVW.jpg

This would be amazing as a mini stamp on a bunch of molds!

Here is one without the squiggles. Never seen one. Almost worth making an offer on it at the local auction, but its at 15€ already and I got PDs to last me a few lifetimes.

12418823_10153723734862631_7012002001353799484_o.jpg

Sorry about the mega pic. [img width] does not seem to work.

Is it the shape or the flight you are after?
EDIT - just realized you said "flatter side", not flat and stiff...I may have spoken too quick. Looks like some good answers above, but I'll keep my reply below if it helps.

Flight - nothing, except maybe another mold. Some of the DM guys said the 169-172 C FD2's were somewhat close to a 2nd run C FD flight.

Feel - still nothing. G Lines are soft enough that I'd say there's no comparison. 2nd run C FD's were stiff from what I recall.

Which is why I am hoping for an S FD2... :thmbup:

I have a seen a few x-outs without the squiggles sneak out of the DM store. I wonder what it would take to get the squiggle design used again? :D A lot of people I have chatted with love the mini design of the stamp!

Anyone thrashed an Fd2 to get a 2nd run esque flight? Or do they develop turn before losing fade? Maybe show bit more glide once the new is knockwed off?

Anyone thrashed an Fd2 to get a 2nd run esque flight? Or do they develop turn before losing fade? Maybe show bit more glide once the new is knockwed off?
I have one that's been in the bag since they first came out that is getting beat to the point of being close to a fresh 2nd run FD. It definitely has more glide than it did when I first started throwing it and it hasn't developed any noticeable turn. It's almost been like a PD, where it's lost more of it's LSS and has less of a pronounced fade, but the HSS has remained mostly unchanged. If anything, it's a lot more workable now than it was at first.

All that said, it's still not a second run FD. I use it mainly as an OS mid-range, or when I need to flex a line around something and rely on it coming back.

S line I can see beating into something like that, but the cs i imagine would take forever. 2nd runs should not be impossible or stupid expensive to find if you can stomach less than max weight. I quickly built my stack to 5 and that should do.

They don't glide as much, but do lose some fade. I have one that flys very straight and fades much later than expected for and FD2. It still has teebirdish high speed stability. It is increasingly becomming my go to driver, I am finding myself using the PD less and less.

I also have a lighter C Line that does have some high speed turn, but its glide is close to a 2nd run FD.

I would still like a S Line FD2, especially if they come out with a little dome so they are not too beefy to start. Its the release that would make me put in a discmania order. (hopefully some of those blizzard stamped max weight PD2 are left when the time comes ;-)

Any chance of a D-line PD? After how well received the DX Thunderbird was, I think a run of PDs in that same stiff plastic would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.