• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only "hopeful"? Is there some luck involved? Litigation? I was thinking it should be an active business decision. "Hey Larry, take the Tactic and Essence off, and run the P2s and FDs this week."

Your example is off because the tactic and essence are Lat64 produced. What they'd really be saying is "Hey Dave, I know you're making money and selling out all your own Innova molds right now, but stop making those and produce discs for Discmania at cost so we can make some money too."

It´s strange that Innova have the time to make Infinite Discs but not Discmania

Not really. Infinite Discs also sells Innova discs - the partnership is two-way. Discmania doesn't sell Innova discs - the partnership is one-way.

(Okay, I'm not counting money in the partnership as Discmania pays Innova to make the discs, so it is a two-way partnership that way).

Got my logic and Mutant yesterday and got a quick couple throws in with them in the rain. The logic feels great in the hand. Slightly lower profile (think beadless link) and is laser straight out of the box with a tiny bit of stability at the end of the flight. Had one good pull on it flip up off a small hyzer. I was throwing into a 5-10 MPH headwind and it held up to it with no issue. I would call it .5 less stable than a P2 when fresh maybe .75 less. The mutant is one of the more unique hand feeling discs I have held. It has a bead on the bottom and a tiny thumb track on the top with a board flat flight plate. It feels like it was designed to fit a forehand grip like a glove. That thing is an absolute tank. Very little glide and tons of fade. I ripped it over wayyy too hard on an anny one time and it fought out the whole way. This is a disc that most people will have trouble getting over 250-280' on flat ground. Overall I know these two will be very popular discs. Check out the collectors page on facebook to see my one shot reviews and profile pictures!
Hey Skyler - Can you post the profile pic for the Mutant here? Heard it described on the live broadcast yesterday as having no rounded surfaces. Really curious what that looks like, and the PDGA approved discs page doesn't have the profile picture.

PW1PyHh

Apparently I have forgotten how to upload images

Discmania Support Reply

I'm not sure it plays out like that since Innova makes the p2's and FD's while Lat64 makes the tactics and essence.

If it's like pretty much every other industry on the planet right now it's probably more like "Hey Larry, I just got word from Innova that they're working on August 2020 orders now so those P2's and FD's we ordered should be arriving soon."

Heck the bike shop down the street has just started receiving the bikes to fulfil their customer orders from April 2020.

People have absolutely no grasp on production demands right now if they think any company in any industry is sitting around right now going "nah, lets not make those, we've got demand but forget it the demand to buy our product will go away if we wait long enough"

This is very accurate. Every product in the world is in high demand. It just feels closer to the heart for it to also include golf discs. The world will be in good order some day but every industry right now is experiencing plenty of hurdles to overcome, regardless of the products they create or sell.

Why only "hopeful"? Is there some luck involved? Litigation? I was thinking it should be an active business decision. "Hey Larry, take the Tactic and Essence off, and run the P2s and FDs this week."

Tough questions for sure. The best answer we can give is that we'll release the most accurate information to give as soon as we have it. Getting Originals back in stock has and always be a top priority

With Discmania's inability to produce Originals I decided to drop the P2 and the FD. I'm now a KC Aviar + Leopard3 man

Infinite Alpaca, Millenium Omega4 & Innova Firefly = P2. Infinite Centurion = FD

The Centurion and FD are absolutely not the same thing. Can't speak on the putters.

Agree. The Centurion is pretty much a Leopard 3. Similar ish but definitely not an FD.

I've made the switch to cosmic neutron Craves and they give me a very similar flight to my beloved FD's and I can find them everywhere. They might actually be a tick less high speed stable but they're close enough.

The Centurion and FD are absolutely not the same thing. Can't speak on the putters.

I wasn't saying they were the EXACT same. I was giving him alternatives to try. The putters are very similar and probably the same mold pieces. Innova wanted Sexton to switch off of P2's so they made him the Firefly. I've held all 3 putters and they are nearly identical.

I wasn't saying they were the EXACT same. I was giving him alternatives to try. The putters are very similar and probably the same mold pieces. Innova wanted Sexton to switch off of P2's so they made him the Firefly. I've held all 3 putters and they are nearly identical.

An Aviar, Warden and P2 are all nearly interchangeable. P2 is the smallest amount taller. Even the shoulders and wings.

Infinite Alpaca, Millenium Omega4 & Innova Firefly = P2. Infinite Centurion = FD

I dropped virtual manufacturers, I don't want to find myself in the situation where critical parts of my bag is no available in the stores. That's why I went full Innova and only classic molds. It's not like Innova is going to discontinue the KC Aviar or the Leopard. No fab, no business

Lol. Sounds like they are right next to the sausages or something. :D Theyre more like hypermarkets really, so you have clothes, bikes, appliances etc whatever in there. But some of them have really good selection of discs too.

Anyone tossing the Enigma around at all? Went to a shop I really like to support the few times per year I'd get to this area and they had a couple of Enigmas and just about only Champ Destroyers and domey AF Firebirds otherwise so I grabbed one to support the shop.

Feels like a D2, and thought that I may do a video with it and a couple of other similar drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.