• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

On the edge of professional Disc Golf

I also disagree with anyone who thinks stoners and people drinking on the course are part of the reason disc golf is being held back. Just look at ball golf. Drinking and smoking are staples of almost any ball golf course as well.

You can disagree, but you're wrong...

It doesn't matter what the actual activity is, it matter what the IMAGE is. Yes many country clubs are bastions of misogyny and alcoholism, but they're closed up behind walls and moated away from the general public with manicured grasses and exclusivity. We have bozo's wearing jorts and drunkenly screaming about legalization and the war on drugs while 8-year old Timmy just wants to have a birthday party and play kickball at the adjacent pavilion.

Do you see the difference? Just because other people do it, doesn't justify you being an *******. Disc Golf needs to grow up, there's a reason other sports shield their vices from the public eye and use PR for image control.

Which is it? One thing worse than overbearing selfrighteousness is blatant hypocrisy.

I can safely say that we have room to agree here...you definitely don't know everything, friend.

Point out the "blatant hypocrisy"...

Which is it? One thing worse than overbearing selfrighteousness is blatant hypocrisy.

I can safely say that we have room to agree here...you definitely don't know everything, friend.

interesting

Attachments

• Document.jpg
    Document.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 21
  • military.jpg
    military.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
Do you see the difference? Just because other people do it, doesn't justify you being an *******. Disc Golf needs to grow up, there's a reason other sports shield their vices from the public eye and use PR for image control.
Those other sports have the money to do those sort of things too.

The fact that they have to resort to those sort of means to hide stuff that would put disc golfers at their worst to shame strikes me as corporate and phony. The fact that it seems half of a sports broadcast anymore is covering the latest sordid athlete drama rather than the sport itself shows they're not doing a very good job.

it's not about what people do in their free time

it's about what people are doing while engaging in the specified activity

joe and jane public won't want to pull a course because people do drugs at home, they'll have concerns when they see people doing drugs on the course in front of their children

think of the children

helen-lovejoy.jpg

it's not about what people do in their free time

it's about what people are doing while engaging in the specified activity

joe and jane public won't want to pull a course because people do drugs at home, they'll have concerns when they see people doing drugs on the course in front of their children

think of the children

Those children idolize super athletes not follow in strangers at a park footsteps... Lets be real here' raise kids right and its a not an issue as to what is good/bad etc....

Those children idolize super athletes not follow in strangers at a park footsteps... Lets be real here' raise kids right and its a not an issue as to what is good/bad etc....

why do i get the feeling that we are not only on different pages but in fact reading different books altogether

yes, you could be correct but that has nothing to do with the point i was making

i would try again but don't think it will make a difference

so i will merely just nod and smile

You must not have kids

So your kids dont know that doing drugs is bad or what is your point? I dont want kids bc its a **** ton of work to raise them. People are going to do what they are going to do. Movies, tv, video games Alllllllllll much worse than anything going on at a DG course.

:doh:

why do i get the feeling that we are not only on different pages but in fact reading different books altogether

yes, you could be correct but that has nothing to do with the point i was making

i would try again but don't think it will make a difference

so i will merely just nod and smile

agreed

Do you live in a bubble or what? Cant hide your kids from everything and experiences are worth much more in life than anything you could ever say or do. Hope yours make it through their college years'

you remind me of the guy who recovers a fumble and starts running the wrong way

his team and the crowd are yelling for him to turn around but he's so excited to make a play that he puts his head down and keeps running

No i was just raised to be self reliant and how to use a little common sense to survive without being lead into a path.

Im 26 and own my own businesses with tons of respect from elders my entire life. Dont tell me who i am or seem like bc you dont even know me.

Keep baby"ing your babies.

i am so very proud of you and your accomplishments in life

that is absolutely swell

however, you have completely missed my original point, hence the running in the wrong direction comment

and, you continue to run the wrong way, through the end zone and into the locker room

so, keep running, my man, keep running

Latest posts