• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

JR said:
I was not the only one whose FR ESP Nuke started out more HSS and LSS than the Z Nuke. Legenda premium sounds like a disc i should try.
Yeah, my FR ESP Nuke was like that too, but it's pretty well worn now. Still more stable than the regular ESPs though, but not as stable as a Z.

JUST IN CASE anyone else was wondering, because it wasn't immediately apparent to me, All four Prodiscus discs are in fact PDGA approved even though it's not stamped on the discs them selves.

Their stamping method is silly anyhow, it still comes off with dish detergent and light brushing. Can't wait for the new designs though :)

turso said:
Their stamping method is silly anyhow, it still comes off with dish detergent and light brushing. Can't wait for the new designs though :)
I asked Kai about that when I saw him last year. He said that Discmania is about the only company in Finland with a proper hot stamper that's suitable for discs, and they're not willing to share. =)

jubuttib said:
JR said:
I was not the only one whose FR ESP Nuke started out more HSS and LSS than the Z Nuke. Legenda premium sounds like a disc i should try.
Yeah, my FR ESP Nuke was like that too, but it's pretty well worn now. Still more stable than the regular ESPs though, but not as stable as a Z.

That is how my FR ESP broke in too.

jubuttib said:
turso said:
I asked Kai about that when I saw him last year. He said that Discmania is about the only company in Finland with a proper hot stamper that's suitable for discs, and they're not willing to share. =)
As a disc dyer, I'm glad they are so easy to remove. Makes dying them super easy. And their premium plastic is absolutely awesome for dying.

eky8 said:
jubuttib said:
turso said:
As a disc dyer, I'm glad they are so easy to remove. Makes dying them super easy. And their premium plastic is absolutely awesome for dying.

Yeah, cannot but agree on that part. I wish buying stampless discs would be easier, but I guess the manufacturers have to market them somehow.

turso said:
eky8 said:
jubuttib said:
turso said:

Yeah, cannot but agree on that part. I wish buying stampless discs would be easier, but I guess the manufacturers have to market them somehow.

I sell unstamped discs if needed. and now was good time to bring this up. so I'll save some clear ones from next run that started today

vesakai said:
I sell unstamped discs if needed. and now was good time to bring this up. so I'll save some clear ones from next run that started today
Not really necessary at moment. If you get a foil machine, then we'd definitely appreciate it. =)

jubuttib said:
vesakai said:
Not really necessary at moment. If you get a foil machine, then we'd definitely appreciate it. =)
I agree. The stamps are so easy to remove now it's really not necessary.

I bought a premium Legenda and i like the tackiness not so much the gumminess unless it helps with avoiding slips from having the thumb bend down the flight plate. I have yet to throw it because akuf threw mine and then i had to go to work helping out in preparing Tali Open 2012. At the shop most of the Legendas had flash on the outside edge as well as the bottom. Some find bottom flash to be useful but i din't think anyone has a use for the outside edge flash. Luckily i found one with not so bad outside edge flash in a color i like. The looks of the clear non wavy plastic is a clear advantage :-D

55F and i ws initially surprised and disturbed by how my thumb dug into my premium Legenda but soon i didn't notice it. Can't say how it will work in the summer heat but now the grip tackiness and softness helped with thumb grip. The place i threw at is too small to throw in anything but one direction so all throws were in a rear wind. The disc started to fade very early but initially at a very slow rate and it faded way too much for best D so i really want to see how it performs in calm conditions because it did go far. It has such a high power requirement in rear winds that s-curve from an initial anny didn't carry it much farther at all only closer to the initial line.

just to let you know....
There is a delay because of many sewers were ill this month when the bags were supposed to be done. Discussions about the new time is still open with factory and I'll inform all when this is confirmed. This was something we could not be prepared for. I can only apologize all and ask you be patient.

and btw about the free discs....
Discs with the preorders were supposed to be surprise. Now the idea fade a little because some players asked about those, but I hope it helps you to be more patient with the situation.

JR said:
Watchatalkingbout? The newest batch is flash city.

Yeah, the flash wasn't the "Fail". Go throw it again in GOOD conditions, then report back to us.

vesakai said:
just to let you know....
There is a delay because of many sewers were ill this month when the bags were supposed to be done. Discussions about the new time is still open with factory and I'll inform all when this is confirmed. This was something we could not be prepared for. I can only apologize all and ask you be patient.

Thanks for the update Kai!

Jeronimo said:
JR said:
Watchatalkingbout? The newest batch is flash city.

Yeah, the flash wasn't the "Fail". Go throw it again in GOOD conditions, then report back to us.

I wish we had good conditions. Compared to other discs i've thrown in the same conditions mine was a beefy disc new with all the flash. I do expect to see a little D improvement with the weather but i wasn't terribly bulked up with clothing when i threw.

BTW vesakai won his division at Tali Open today congratulations!

JR said:

thanks JR
other Prodiscus players were Timo Pursio 3rd in Open and Harri Hynönen 1st in grandmasters

vesakai said:
JR said:

thanks JR
other Prodiscus players were Timo Pursio 3rd in Open and Harri Hynönen 1st in grandmasters
Congratulations man. =)

Pursio is still playing? Sweet, I thought he had retired, haven't seen him for a few years. What does he think of the discs?