• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Frank Delicious said:
Hows the bag development coming along? Still on schedule for us pre-order guys?

still same, next month. I'm also impatient to wait the bags to get ready :)

Please excuse my bag talk interuption but can anyone compare the Legenda to a Z or ESP Nuke. Marshall Street has their stability less than Boss/Quasar, same as Nuke, and slightly more stable than a DD2. Sound about right?

7ontheline said:
Please excuse my bag talk interuption but can anyone compare the Legenda to a Z or ESP Nuke. Marshall Street has their stability less than Boss/Quasar, same as Nuke, and slightly more stable than a DD2. Sound about right?

I used to play with esp Nuke and I think that premium Legenda is close to that. onlu plastic is differend.
and that Marshall compare seems right to me

what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
Anyone who liked the Flow should try a Legenda.

Why's that? Same,better, complimentary?

Arrrggghhhh, um.... Similar? I don't want to say it replaced my Flow's but it sort of did? I more made the statement because I'm a Flow lover and the Legenda immediately fit my game.

I'm pretty sure my LEGEDas are more HSS and about the same LSS as the Z Nukes I've thrown, the glide is about the same. Really is a great disc.

Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:

Arrrggghhhh, um.... Similar? I don't want to say it replaced my Flow's but it sort of did? I more made the statement because I'm a Flow lover and the Legenda immediately fit my game.

Ya I know you like/ed the flows and that's why I asked. I love the flow as well, in large part because of its grip. I don't like the wide grips of the high speed stuff like the boss, nuke and cannon. Even destroyers are a touch on the wide side for me.

How's the grip on the legenda?

It's wider rimmed than a Flow. The outer edge is sharp compared to many discs, but not uncomfortably so. The rim is pretty shallow. Just make sure you'll get a premium one, all the basic ones I've thrown have been very flippy.

turso said:
It's wider rimmed than a Flow. The outer edge is sharp compared to many discs, but not uncomfortably so. The rim is pretty shallow. Just make sure you'll get a premium one, all the basic ones I've thrown have been very flippy.

there is similar stability difference between basic and premium, like there is in star and r-pro boss. Partly because basic discs are under 170g and all premiums are max weight.
in next run we'll make the basic discs in max weight too.

If someone is hesitating to throw with big rim discs, I say don't do that. I did push my desicion two years, but when I finally got those in use I got extra 20m/60feet to my drives. Just need to practice ans don't use them in every drive :) Nuke and Legenda are easy discs to star with and get the extra feets easily

jubuttib said:
I'm pretty sure my LEGEDas are more HSS and about the same LSS as the Z Nukes I've thrown, the glide is about the same. Really is a great disc.

Distance difference and the same for glide? Is that premium plastic?

JR said:
jubuttib said:

Distance difference and the same for glide? Is that premium plastic?
Premium plastic, but I can't say anything 100% waterproof for the distance, since I've yet to throw the production models in good conditions. In the conditions I have thrown them both the Z Nuke and the Premium LEGENDa were equally long, and the proto LEGENDa was also just as long as the Z Nuke last year. The production model has a nicer dome and better glide, so I have no reason to doubt the production model is going to be great too.

what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:

Ya I know you like/ed the flows and that's why I asked. I love the flow as well, in large part because of its grip. I don't like the wide grips of the high speed stuff like the boss, nuke and cannon. Even destroyers are a touch on the wide side for me.

How's the grip on the legenda?

In your case you may not like it then. I've always kinda thought wider rimmed drivers felt better in my hands so Flow like characteristics in a premium plastic with a wider grip was an instant fit for me. Much like the Flow it had surprisingly little fade and not a ton but enough turnover that I liked it immediately.

When will the 2nd run of the bags be going out. I am looking at this bag but want to hear some more reviews on it first. Also hoping I see one at a tourney so I can try it on and see how it feels. Never used a back pack style before.

I'm hoping Vesku will be carrying one at the Prodiscus Challenge next weekend. Would be nice to see the bag live. Maybe even try some things with it.

I noticed Kaitsu will also be at the Kankaanpää "Ei-pääsiäiskisa" in 21.4. Will we have our bags ready by then? :)
That will also be my first ranked tournament.

Was throwing some plastic on the ice yesterday. There's something like 5cm of very hard snow on the ice and traction was really good. The wind was also quite strong. My quite beaten basic Respecti still had very manageable turn in the headwinds and a nice late fade. New basic Respecti and premium Respectis wouldn't turn at all, same with the basic and premium Jokeris. My first basic Jokeri is a lot of fun as it won't turn or fade in headwinds.

The premium Legenda didn't like the wind as much. Thrown flat maybe 3 meters high it had a smooth slow turn and hit the ground at maybe 80 meters or so. I could manage it with some hyzer but wasn't getting as good distances as I did with the Respectis. It does feel the Legenda may be a bit too much of a disc for me still.

I was also surprised I was throwing the basic Respectis further than my S-PD's (both head and tailwinds). Could be the softer plastic just worked better for me in cold weather (-5C), I do like the bit deeper rim of the Respecti over PD as well.