• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

I'll take the bag to Kankaanpää. and sorry I didn't have that bag with me at Dutch because RyanAir have strickt policy about handbag size.

I played the tournament with my Prodiscus discs and palyed best tournament ever. 3 over 1000 rated rounds :) just tryed to win so hard in finals that didn't take care of palyers in second group to beat me. shared second finally and got the spot to SDGO major. Not bad after two years brake and without training.

bags are under construction...

Instead of just seeing the bag at Kankaanpää I actually got to carry my discs in it as well. Thanks Kaitsu. Was definitely better than my regular Everest backbag. Unfortunately I can't really compare it to anything else as my only bag so far has been the Discraft Weekend bag. The Prodiscus bag did have more space...

Felt very comfortable on my back, was easy to put on and take off as well. I had 18 discs with me (5 putters, 3 mid-range and 10 drivers), 2 putters on top and the rest filled the disc compartment. Could probably have stuffed a couple of drivers more in there but might have been a bit tight to get discs out then. There were two dividers in there as well. Rest of the bag was empty.
I also liked how it sat up after I threw it on the ground, stayed upright in less level terrain as well.
I did compare it with a grip bag a bit. Prodiscus bag has wider straps (both the width of the strap and how far apart they are). That did feel like it might fit better someone with wider shoulders but I assume it also makes it easier to get on and off the back.

IMG_20120407_144049.jpg

A local big arm let me throw his Legenda once while we were in the middle of a round, faded out early for me. However, he says it adds 50' for him on low lines but that it didn't like getting pushed around. I think he was talking about the Legenda specializing in go straight lines. It had a nice dome and the plastic is of course, Premium.

I'd like one around 167 perhaps.

Threw my Premium LEGENDa a bit today. Only my second field outing since last season (not counting two slippery winter visits), and I was throwing it in the 400-430' region, which is huge for me. I felt like I got a great grip on them and could very comfortably power them. They were fast, had great glide, just a touch of turn and a late fade, and worked in both head and tailwinds. I'm pretty smitten right now. If the production runs stay somewhat consistent I will switch over to these. I can get my DD2's out as far, but they're a bit more finicky, and the ones I like are harder to find and the plastic is nowhere near as nice.

Just a plain great disc.

jubuttib said:
Threw my Premium LEGENDa a bit today. Only my second field outing since last season (not counting two slippery winter visits), and I was throwing it in the 400-430' region, which is huge for me. I felt like I got a great grip on them and could very comfortably power them. They were fast, had great glide, just a touch of turn and a late fade, and worked in both head and tailwinds. I'm pretty smitten right now. If the production runs stay somewhat consistent I will switch over to these. I can get my DD2's out as far, but they're a bit more finicky, and the ones I like are harder to find and the plastic is nowhere near as nice.

Just a plain great disc.

I know! RIGHT?!

Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
Anyone who liked the Flow should try a Legenda.

Why's that? Same,better, complimentary?

Arrrggghhhh, um.... Similar? I don't want to say it replaced my Flow's but it sort of did? I more made the statement because I'm a Flow lover and the Legenda immediately fit my game.

Ya I know you like/ed the flows and that's why I asked. I love the flow as well, in large part because of its grip. I don't like the wide grips of the high speed stuff like the boss, nuke and cannon. Even destroyers are a touch on the wide side for me.

How's the grip on the legenda?

In your case you may not like it then. I've always kinda thought wider rimmed drivers felt better in my hands so Flow like characteristics in a premium plastic with a wider grip was an instant fit for me. Much like the Flow it had surprisingly little fade and not a ton but enough turnover that I liked it immediately.

I've thrown my FR Nuke back into my bag to play around with again and have been very impressed by the added distance I can get with it. Still not super comfy with the wide rim, but I think I may give it a bit more work and hopefully the comfort level will increase with added use. Which leads me to the Legenda..... I really want to try one now. Almost pulled the trigger at Marshall Street online, but the lighetest ones they have are 174.

what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:
Anyone who liked the Flow should try a Legenda.

Why's that? Same,better, complimentary?

Arrrggghhhh, um.... Similar? I don't want to say it replaced my Flow's but it sort of did? I more made the statement because I'm a Flow lover and the Legenda immediately fit my game.

Ya I know you like/ed the flows and that's why I asked. I love the flow as well, in large part because of its grip. I don't like the wide grips of the high speed stuff like the boss, nuke and cannon. Even destroyers are a touch on the wide side for me.

How's the grip on the legenda?

In your case you may not like it then. I've always kinda thought wider rimmed drivers felt better in my hands so Flow like characteristics in a premium plastic with a wider grip was an instant fit for me. Much like the Flow it had surprisingly little fade and not a ton but enough turnover that I liked it immediately.

I've thrown my FR Nuke back into my bag to play around with again and have been very impressed by the added distance I can get with it. Still not super comfy with the wide rim, but I think I may give it a bit more work and hopefully the comfort level will increase with added use. Which leads me to the Legenda..... I really want to try one now. Almost pulled the trigger at Marshall Street online, but the lighetest ones they have are 174.

I think like you, but trust me, pull the trigger. The one i've been throwing around is a 176 and I ABHOR that weight in most drivers. For whatever reason it has not been a problem with this disc.

Actually, I'll be happy if no one else finds this disc, cause then I'll just enjoy the benefits of adding to my game while everyone else is in the dark.

My wallet says "fuckyouverymuch". I don't have a local plastic hookup, so I always seem to justify more than I actually set off to get. Now I wait.

JR said:
Anyone compared a Nuke vs a Legenda vs a Rampage? Distance and flight lines?
Out of the ones I tested, the Z Nuke had about the same HSS as my LEGENDas, but more fade, FR ESP Nuke (somewhat beat at this point) has about the same fade but turns more, and the Rampage result depends entirely on what sort of Rampage you happen to get. The Pinnacle is way more HSS and LSS than the others, Icon was a bit more HSS and LSS than the Z Nuke, the Excel was somewhat akin to the LEGENDas, and Protege is just all over the place, sometimes it's flippy, sometimes it's stable, sometimes it's overstable.

I was not the only one whose FR ESP Nuke started out more HSS and LSS than the Z Nuke. Legenda premium sounds like a disc i should try.