• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I honestly think that this is the value line in the future.
1. PM sig discs. These are all flat and will maintain their value and even increase over time.
2. PM X-outs. See above. All flat.
3. Big Birds. truly limited run.
4. Proto's. Truly inconsistent.
5. Japan Nationals
6. Production runs/normal stamp.

1. PM sig discs. These are all flat and will maintain their value and even increase over time.
5. Japan Nationals

you forgot the test releases from the factory store

I got three big birds coming. one at 175 and two at 180. Thanks for the help. You guys know who you are. moose-mdg . I seen that SkinnyLimbs got his from PIAS. So I called everyone in NC until I found one.

Thread drift... I feel like the collectors market is turning into the housing market of 2005-2007. Eventually it's going to burst and all of this expensive plastic is going to be worth half of the original purchase price. Back to overpriced RC3's...
Not a great comparison, the collectors market is always in flux, but it isnt driven by 'need' like housing is. There is a very small % of people who will pay top dollar for a disc they want. Its not enough of a financial burden in most cases to cause someone to go broke or whatever. So, while I agree that the price will prolly come down a bit, these specifically will hold their value a little better, and then gradually be worth double or more in a couple years. Its fortunate for Innova that they rediscovered their nice plastic blends just in time to release the most anticipated stock disc ever (arguably)

.... Or, is it not a coicidence at all....

Conspiracy theorists, discuss

Not a great comparison, the collectors market is always in flux, but it isnt driven by 'need' like housing is. There is a very small % of people who will pay top dollar for a disc they want. Its not enough of a financial burden in most cases to cause someone to go broke or whatever. So, while I agree that the price will prolly come down a bit, these specifically will hold their value a little better, and then gradually be worth double or more in a couple years. Its fortunate for Innova that they rediscovered their nice plastic blends just in time to release the most anticipated stock disc ever (arguably)

.... Or, is it not a coicidence at all....

Conspiracy theorists, discuss

I'll agree, not the best comparison. There is just so much hype surrounding release after release, it just seems unlikely that it will always be on the up and up. I guess the trick is to not be the last one holding it when nobody is interested anymore. You say they'll be worth double or more in a few years. Are you basing that on the retail price, or the $112.50 that a "Rootbeer" Roc went for? My guess is somewhere in between :)

I got a few not cause of what they are worth now or in a few yrs. I like what they look like and in a few yrs when i have a kick A$$ MAN CAVE and they are on the wall behind the bar then it will be worth it to me. Trying to collect white stamps and crazy colors.. why not what else am i going to do with my money buy food or pay rent hahah.....

Everyone ready for this. I know where there are 5 Big Bird Rocs. PIAS North Carolina Phone number is 704-540-6339. Go. Stop wasting time. Tell him Ed sent you. I told him expect a call or two.

I agree with your value order DiscJunkie. Although I think the flat ones are going to be more sought after than others with the same stamp. Or a flat BB will probably be more valuable than anything but an original PM.

5. Japan Nationals

^THIS looks more like it.

I'm not sure how though the protos will be more than the JO's IF the JO's are flat. I have a unique JO that is very flat and is 1/88. I would think that it would be worth more than an orange or yellow proto that is 1/2000. Wouldn't you think?

Last edited:
^THIS looks more like it.

I'm not sure how though the protos will be more than the JO's IF the JO's are flat. I have a unique JO that is very flat and is 1/88. I would think that it would be worth more than an orange or yellow proto that is 1/2000. Wouldn't you think?

Heck ya. Off colors and fancy stamps are gonna be worth more depending on who you are selling to.

And flat roc3s are gonna be worth about the same as throwers regardless of stamp.

Im curious, how much did you pay? My pias is supposed to get them on friday and they are gonna call when they come in.

They're asking for $50, including shipping.
That's a little steep for me.

Whoa! If my pias tells me they are 50$ on friday ill probably tell them to stick it and not buy from there again. I understand supply and demand but they were just selling the same disc (with a different stamp) for 25$.

They're asking for $50, including shipping.
That's a little steep for me.