• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I picked one up today and were it looks like they cut the excess plastic off is very rough and not smooth like others, anybody else have the same issue

Probably because they were crankin' em out like crazy! I've noticed this as well. Doesn't really bother me. Overall I'm loving the feel of this new plastic!

Yup threw mine a bunch today in the field and wow its fast and stable and feels amazing even when its freezing outside

Not sure if others realize this but I am almost positive the big birds are just leftover first runs. That is the reason there were so many lower weights. The majority of the first runs were heavier weights. When they sold out so quickly Innova pumped out the remaining stock. Out of the 25 BB my local shop received only 3 were max weight. Most were upper 160's. I have noticed rough flash removal on some of the proto stars and BB. I saw a BB with a gouge on the outer edge of the flight plate near the wing. It should have been an x-out.

Not sure if others realize this but I am almost positive the big birds are just leftover first runs. That is the reason there were so many lower weights. The majority of the first runs were heavier weights. When they sold out so quickly Innova pumped out the remaining stock. Out of the 25 BB my local shop received only 3 were max weight. Most were upper 160's. I have noticed rough flash removal on some of the proto stars and BB. I saw a BB with a gouge on the outer edge of the flight plate near the wing. It should have been an x-out.

From what I heard the F2s and McBeth molds are the same. Star stamp and BB the same and Japan Open mold is different.

From what I heard the F2s and McBeth molds are the same. Star stamp and BB the same and Japan Open mold is different.

This has already been corrected to only two runs of RC3s. Japan Open is the same as the star and BB.

the plastic on my JO's dont feel as grippy as my protos or BBs

the one F2 McRoc i have feels just as grippy as my protos and BBs tho

Last edited:
So what's the major difference between the Mcbeth rocs and JO, BB and protostars?

I also am convinced that there were only two runs.
The McBeth's and F2's were ALLL board-flat.
The Proto's, JN and BB's were more varied in their flatness.

The "shoulder" of the wing looks a little higher, but this may just be a change in the molding process.

I also am convinced that there were only two runs.
The McBeth's and F2's were ALLL board-flat.
The Proto's, JN and BB's were more varied in their flatness.

The "shoulder" of the wing looks a little higher, but this may just be a change in the molding process.

could also be a slight change in the plastic blend

i cant read jo with giggling. i keep thinking about that craigslist add with the jo pendant.

haha

the f2 was the only good ones

my JO rocs seem to be just like my proto's, but I'm not throwing the JO so i can't compare the flight to my proto

Got my BB order in from DGV today. Pretty happy with what I got. It's the first one I've gotten with an interesting stamp! 175 raspberry with flag stamp. My others (protostars and BBs) are all orange and hot pink with either blue or bronze stamps.

Latest posts