• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

It's PIAS, DX is $5. I don't have any disc that has the bar stamp, so I thought it was cool to have one, or two.

Thanks for the feedback.

I had a bar-stamped disc once. A Birdie. My wife decided to use it as a dog disc :thmbdown:

There's a disc golfer working at my PIAS, so I'll never see decent used plastic in there ever again.

I had a bar-stamped disc once. A Birdie. My wife decided to use it as a dog disc :thmbdown:

There's a disc golfer working at my PIAS, so I'll never see decent used plastic in there ever again.

If I had one local, I'd think about getting a part time job there...

While i was at my local Pias I noticed a new preflight champion sidewinder. As well as a pre flight champ Barry Leo and a preflight CAL Star Leo as well. Decided to pass on both bc I already have plenty of Leos.

q9WkF2S.jpg

5/10 chains aviar and 8/10 175 TP comet. at least i think it's TP . . . there is no plastic name on the disc, just going from what i read. saturn stamp.

i can't hardly hold this comet. it's like rubbing my hands in chalk constantly; gives me the willies. shame the aviar isn't in better condition.

Last edited:
I bought a pre flight champ sidewinder (actually see these alot) and a multi purpose roc. The roc plastic feels like 8x plastic and it's flat.

5/10 chains aviar and 8/10 175 TP comet. at least i think it's TP . . . there is no plastic name on the disc, just going from what i read. saturn stamp.

i can't hardly hold this comet. it's like rubbing my hands in chalk constantly; gives me the willies. shame the aviar isn't in better condition.

At least someone's pulling pias stuff around here

Last week I got a CE Teebird, 6/10, looks like 2nd run as it is not translucent like the last runs and a disc that is stamped "Nature Boy ZoneDriven" that I think is an early Wraith, 7.5/10. Got them both for $20. Best find I've ever had at PIAS here in Charlotte. There are a lot of disc golfers here and the used bins are regularly picked clean.

Yesterday I went to a pias looking for an arobic step for my wife. Seen that the had some disc golf discs. Looked through the pile and hit the jackpot. Frist disc I found 9/10 Champion Stingray 180g pink and dayglo tyedye. Dosen't look like it was thrown, no ink, just looks like storage wear maybe thrown a couple times. Second disc 8/10 Champion Aero 178g pearlly red no ink. Has been thrown just a few scratches on it. Thrid disc 8/10 11x Champion Teebird 153g dayglo non cal tooling no ink. It's going in the bag. Have a red one in the bag all ready. Fourth disc 6.5/10 11x Champion BB Aviar dayglo two ring tooling no ink. Going in th bag also. All for under $25.:thmbup:

I got a 11x eagle a 12x eagle a wood chip roc a des reading flag stamp firebird and a 12x firebird for under 35$

had a big haul a week or two back:

Augusta Wraith, pair of pearly ontario Rhynos, pre barry Leo, pfn sidewinders/roadrunners/orc, pair of ching (or ching-style at least) rocs

11 discs for $73

traded the wraith for another roc and the money I paid for it, sold the traded roc for $40, sold two of the sidewinders so far for $25 ... $3 in the black after selling 3 discs and should make a tidy sum in the rest

Today was the first time I've seen anything rare-ish at a PIAS. Apparently somebody quit playing disc golf about 10 years ago and then sold all of their discs to the one in Lynnwood. It was all DX and all about 5/10, so I passed on them. I'd never seen a barstamp DX Leo or Firebird though, so that was cool... That, and the proto stamped Aero. All of the discs were in such bad condition that I even passed on the circle stamped Gazelle, and I collect Gazelles!

Went back to the PIAS this past wednesday and found a 7.5/10 elite z puttr', 9/10 elite z mrv, and 9/10 elite z wasp. All from the same era. Paid $6 each.

Today was the first time I've seen anything rare-ish at a PIAS. Apparently somebody quit playing disc golf about 10 years ago and then sold all of their discs to the one in Lynnwood. It was all DX and all about 5/10, so I passed on them. I'd never seen a barstamp DX Leo or Firebird though, so that was cool... That, and the proto stamped Aero. All of the discs were in such bad condition that I even passed on the circle stamped Gazelle, and I collect Gazelles!

You missed out on a great Firebird. Those trashed DX are things of beauty and pull off shots that I've never seen any other disc do. I buy them whenever I see them at mine. :thmbup: