• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

snap helios

readysetstab said:
so what are we looking at, flightwise?
I am discouraged to disclose too much beyond long and fast, but think flat stable as aposed to the trend toward overstable.

What weights will be produced? I see there's a 150g Helios on eBay; will there be low 160s available, or will there be an 18-gram gap above 150, as is often the case with Innova and Discraft discs?

adamschneider said:
What weights will be produced? I see there's a 150g Helios on eBay; will there be low 160s available, or will there be an 18-gram gap above 150, as is often the case with Innova and Discraft discs?

We have produced a comprehensive range or weights from 150 class up to 180 in what we call our Earth Grade Resin (EGR-R1), which will be the debut release. Our Fire Grade Resin (FGR-R1), comparable to Star or ESP, will be available in a more limited range from the high 160's to max. weight (180).

snap,
that is my truck with the camper you guys keep hitting in the parking lot. :)

snap said:
We have produced a comprehensive range or weights from 150 class up to 180 in what we call our Earth Grade Resin (EGR-R1), which will be the debut release.
In terms of durability, what's EGR comparable to in the Innova/Discraft/Gateway world?

snap said:
nearly zer0 said:
I guess the e-mails I sent Snap before didn't get me onto that preorder list, or a response for that matter...

You probably were added to the pre-order list. Let me know of your real name and I can confirm. We didn't necessarily reply to every order, but will be in contact before shipping.

Sent you a PM

adamschneider said:
snap said:
We have produced a comprehensive range or weights from 150 class up to 180 in what we call our Earth Grade Resin (EGR-R1), which will be the debut release.
In terms of durability, what's EGR comparable to in the Innova/Discraft/Gateway world?

I'd say closest to Gateway's S (personally, my favourite plastic), and same price as DX and D.

I got my pre-order confirmation email this morning. Trying to switch a weight right now (a 160 for a 150), but as soon as I do, I'll be placing my order.

11.00 with shipping. Pretty damned good!

not to stir things up, but just curious...why doesn't snap discs get the same flack as discwing? Both seem to be a bit behind in delivering what they promise, but nobody ever says a word about snap?

honkeytiger said:
not to stir things up, but just curious...why doesn't snap discs get the same flack as discwing? Both seem to be a bit behind in delivering what they promise, but nobody ever says a word about snap?

Because the QK original hand pour molds that were tossed at 2004 Worlds (right?) have never seen the light of day. 4 years, no disc. The Helios has only been around for 6 months. That, and some of the Snap team have been throwing them since February, so most people figured they would eventually come out.

honkeytiger said:
cuz snap has not been lagging and bullshitting NEARLY as long as discwing has with the QK2. and beacause of the stupid ass marketing for the original QK

It has to be the historical American affection towards Canada and dislike of the British empire. In the Articles of Confederation our treasonous founding father invited Canada to join with America while staging a civil war against King George. That's gotta be it. :wink:

just got in my 2 egr helios. nice plastic. feels like gateway s. i also got one that is marked ''gummy.'' feels like old SE Rhyno plastic. Anyone else get thiers yet? Cant wait to get the FGR ones!

i got my package soaking wet in a plastic bag with a sorry note. thanks usps!