• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

good: this thread still lives! met Avery Jenkins today

bad: missed a few easy putts and upshots today. went from a great round to a 'fun' round lol

ugly: sailed a few of those putts for +2 gah

Good: been field practicing throwing lefty due to an injury. Thought I was making some progress.

Bad and ugly: tried to throw a lefty round out on the course. After 6 holes I was +12 and had been threatened with physical harm by another DGer for a wild throw that landed too close. I was done after that. :evil: :oops:

the good: played a couple solid rounds at west park
the better: hit the basket on a thumber throw almost aced it :D
the ugly: i still have trouble shooting par on the "green mile" i think i need to get a boss or something. i try to throw a real hard hyzer flip with a teerex but it still doesnt come back :cry:

i just dont have very over stable plastic besides my firebirds.

Bad - I saw exactly where my perfectly broken in Destroyer landed and still couldn't find it after about half an hour of searching.

Good: Played at Kincaid Park and Peters Creek on my day off, it was an absolutely beautiful day with perfect weather. Made two putts on the same hole in back to back rounds from 45 or so for deuces.

Bad: My putting within the circle for the most part. Boy did I miss some easy ones.

Ugly: Lost my 169g Striker in the rough. I searched for quite a while and returned later to look again to no avail. I had to go to PIAS and replace it with a 168. (new disc isn't so bad though :D ) ALSO lost my Firebird later on. Two discs in one day, and I lost my beat Wiz last Wednesday. Kincaid can be harsh.

Good: Won league last night & monday night, going for the weekly tri-fecta on saturday.

Bad: Threw two discs in the pond last night during doubles after league. First two I've thrown in all year.

Ugly: One was a money seasoned DX eagle & the other was Colonel Sanders Firechicken w/ two aces.

pd

Good: Nailed a 90'+ chain run in a cross wind on a hole I never deuce.

Bad: Most of the other shots that round.

Ugly: The park taken over for July 4th. DMB tribute band? :roll:

Good: Beat my all time best on my favorite course.

Bad: Left a brand new 12X KC Pro Roc and a seasoned Star Firebird in a friends car over the weekend and they have mysteriously disappeared. :roll:

Ugly: Cut the crap out of myself shaving this morning.

Good: played my first PDGA tourney and placed 6th.
Bad: missed a bunch of sub 20' putts.
Ugly: my dad had the worst round of his life (775 rated).

good: Not sure if it is the Texas heat or what but the past week my discs have been CRUISING to farther than ever. Reworked my midrange game to get better accuracy and so far i think it has translated into longer drives not just more accuracy.

bad: texas heat and san marcos hills run a huge toll on the body

ugly: someone teach me how to putt outside 10 ft...

Good: Took 2nd Place in they Dyed Disc Contest at this past weekend's tourney

Bad: Shot the worst two rounds since I started playing disc golf. (I avg in the mid 60's, shot 78 & 76)

Ugly: Was -1 thru 5 holes and took a double circle 8 on my 6th hole, almost walked off the course.

Taking this week off from EVERYTHING DG related and playing a casual round on Sunday with my Uncle.

The ugly: Threw a worm burner of the tee to about 20 feet. The large group of people waiting to tee off let me hear about it.

The Bad: This left me with a three hundred foot approach shot.

The Good: I sunk it for Birdie. This made me happy

The humiliating: My brother looked at me after the shot and called me an ass then hit me over the head with a disc. The peanut gallery thought that was good stuff.

Good- Got in 2 rounds today. Shot Par on a Par 64 course. I got my timing back after not being able to get anything out of anything faster than a Comet on Sunday.

Great- I had my longest throw ever today. It was in the 540-550 range. It was a flippy 1st run Champ Boss. There was a 10-15 MPH wind coming from about 7 o'clock. It flipped over and kept gliding forever and faded back at the end.

Bad- I only got in 2 rounds before I had to head home.

Ugly- Took an 8 on a hole today. I thought the hole was about 300 feet shorter than it was for the first 2 shots.

Good - birdied the longest hole on my local course last night in league play.

Bad - 2 birdie attempts turned into bogeys.

Ugly - easy par hole morphed into a triple bogey on my second to last hole putting me out of the money. :x

good: played a putter only round to help figure out some stuff in my form I screwed with a while ago and everything really came together. got within 10' of a couple of 290' holes with my wizards.

also good: found a brand new 175 black kc aviar with no name on it next to the basket of the last hole.

still more good: the local club and the town put in the first concrete pad at my local course

bad: Only been getting to golf once a week lately, stupid busy season at work.

no ugly.

Good: I've been rocking it lately. My focus has been better during rounds, and I feel like if I make a bad shot, I can make up for it with the next. I'm pouring the disc into the pan from all over the place.

Bad: I lost my super beat up Glo Ontario Roc throwing this stupid high anhyzer at Rosedale Park (#4, inside route, 2nd shot over the trees for those who play there or are coming to Worlds). Hey Working Stiff, want to trade me another?

Good: Just played my best round at my favorite course, Peninsula Park, shot a 56, not great but the best 18 I've played out there so far. Missed a super easy put for a 3 on hole 6 which is a super tight 3 to get, not sure of distance and all but i'd say 450+ and really tight fairway.

Better: I got to play that round with Juliana Korver, ya the lady with her name on your putters and Valkeries. How friggin' cool is that. Got her to autograph my most recent ace disc so now I have a reason to retire that one as well :)

Bad: Nothing other than having to work 8 hours a day instead of play DG

Good: I won my match in my disc golf league tonight

Bad: It rained half the round.

Ugly: My opponent took a 6 with three holes to go where I took a birdie. I only had a 1 stroke lead before this.

Good: Got to play 3 rounds last week, that's almost a record for me :? My drives/approaches have been excellent, really getting the hang of lower power throws and using late acceleration on those Aviar and Meteor throws under 300'. I've had so much control over my lines and my distances, and I'm hitting the gaps well.

Bad: Still struggling with putting. I average even par on one local course and all three rounds were under par last week, but I missed about 8 legitimate birdie opportunities (inside 25') during the round and only hit 1.

Ugly: Hurt my ankle playing in the rain on Sunday, must have been when I had to climb a mudslide. Haven't been able to play since.

Da good - Tied my record at Sylmar with -5 <49 - 2 bogeys and a birdie on the front, 6 birdies on the back>. Also shot -1 <3 Birds, 2 Boges> with just a Shark.

Da bad - The two entirely unnecessary bogeys in the regular round.

Da Ugly - None really

I seem to be shooting quite a bit better lately. Last time out I shot a bogey free -3.

Latest posts