• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Special Run of CFR Glo Gators

What should be stamped on the CFR Glo Gator?

• DX Gator Stamp

Votes: 92 39.5%
  • Protostar Stamp

Votes: 33 14.2%
  • Bar Stamp

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Kangaroo Xing

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • Old Circle Stamp

Votes: 53 22.7%
  • Innova Factory Store

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Just sold my silver stamp sparkle first run on ebay for $50. I thought the hype was slowing down but I guess not.

The world is full of half-retarded people.

On topic- I got my 4 gators in today. I had a star gator that I lost that was super domey, these were definitely less domey. I flattened one of them to put in my bag, and it's sweet. I only wish it was a little windier so I could test them out into a headwind.

Im still amazed at how well that gator held its shape after i flattened it. Its still the same as it was last night. FLAT FLAT FLAT FLAT. Love it.

I think it held its shape so well because i let it cool in the press. It literally lost about 3/8" in dome.

Now I am going to keep one and throw it in the bag. Prob take my FR vectors place. Never thought it was OS enough for the slot i meant it for anyways.

Im still amazed at how well that gator held its shape after i flattened it. Its still the same as it was last night. FLAT FLAT FLAT FLAT. Love it.

I think it held its shape so well because i let it cool in the press. It literally lost about 3/8" in dome.

Now I am going to keep one and throw it in the bag. Prob take my FR vectors place. Never thought it was OS enough for the slot i meant it for anyways.

i did the same with one of my silvers last night. it is now first run flat. im gonna try it with one of my first run glows and see how it holds.

Who needs first run glo gators with metal flakes when you can do this:

10cjfbt.jpg

Both of those discs were the same dome when i started. I let them sit for an hour with boiling water. allowed them to cool while in the water and pressed down with a book.

I've read a couple versions for flattening discs. Does it ever affect the stamp? Can you describe exact steps and method you used to flatten your gators? Also have you thrown it before/after and seen any difference in flight? I mainly just like the feeling in hand with flat discs, especially with forehands.

I've read a couple versions for flattening discs. Does it ever affect the stamp? Can you describe exact steps and method you used to flatten your gators? Also have you thrown it before/after and seen any difference in flight? I mainly just like the feeling in hand with flat discs, especially with forehands.

I boiled water about 3-4 cups. put a cookie sheet on my counter place the disc stamp side down (dome down) fill the disc itself with water to the top and fillt he cookie sheet itself to the top too. Then place a large pan or pot on top of the disc and place a few books on top to press it down. Leave it untouched for an hour allowing it to fully cool in the press. After an hour i put ice cubes in the cookie sheets water to finish it off and get it cold.

Wipe dry and compare. You now have a FLAT FLAT FLAT 2nd run glo gator. Who needs metal flakes?

There is no damage done tot he disc. The flight does change. Some people may notice more then others but changing the dome has to change the flight. Its physics.

Also would this be considered illegal? I dont see why it would since you are forcing the disc into the form it was meant to have but failed to get because of rushing by innova.

You are not changing the disc to what it was not meant to be.

Also would this be considered illegal? I dont see why it would since you are forcing the disc into the form it was meant to have but failed to get because of rushing by innova.

You are not changing the disc to what it was not meant to be.

By the strictest interpretation of the rule book, yes. By the loose interpretation, no. Other than getting into a huge back and forth about the rules that would never get solved, only the PDGA person could answer that, and for some odd reason I don't think they will clarify the rulings any time soon.

By the strictest interpretation of the rule book, yes. By the loose interpretation, no. Other than getting into a huge back and forth about the rules that would never get solved, only the PDGA person could answer that, and for some odd reason I don't think they will clarify the rulings any time soon.

The rule states that any post factory modification other than natural wear is illegal, so yes flat topping a disc is illegal. However, you're never going to be caught flat topping a disc.

The rule states that any post factory modification other than natural wear is illegal, so yes flat topping a disc is illegal. However, you're never going to be caught flat topping a disc.

Yeah I am not sure how anyone would be able to tell if you flat topped a disc unless you are dumb enough to let that out at a PDGA event.