• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
really happy with this custom job (even if I don't know what a clapton is)
OtherWorklUVzwi.jpg

Eric Clapton. Musician.

3 recent tye dyes.

Frist is a friend's blue champ viking - glue dye.

Next is an old beat Crush we found on a basket - glue on the inside, and fly dye on the outside. Tough to see the different colors on the rim, but they are there. Looks better in sunlight.

Last is a replacement champ sidewinder for the champ sidewinder I lost on my first practice drive at Rollin Ridge at a tournament this last weekend.

Attachments

• viking.jpg
    viking.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 87
  • crush.jpg
    crush.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 86
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 77
One more pic of the sidewinder just because I think it looks cool.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 51
First Post here... let me start off with Wow... So many of you are are so very talented.

I am new to disc golf in general, Just recently moved to Denver and have a course within throwing distance of my apartment. This dyeing stuff is amazing though, I have some dyes around from tie dyeing anyway, and also plan to get some i dye and sc.

Do certain plastics hold dye better or will it all work?? thanks

Nick

First Post here... let me start off with Wow... So many of you are are so very talented.

I am new to disc golf in general, Just recently moved to Denver and have a course within throwing distance of my apartment. This dyeing stuff is amazing though, I have some dyes around from tie dyeing anyway, and also plan to get some i dye and sc.

Nick

Star Like plastic normally is the best, Champ Works, Pro/DX kind of works, but it's super hard and super weird. I set in a dye with hot dye on TM Fuse, it was in black dye for 30ish minutes and looks light brown (this was a white disc). Also old Rit dye is the only working stuff, new stuff doesn't work. They have a different bar code number pattern but not sure on it.

Nick

Yup, stick to the champ and star equivalents and use iDye, Pro Chem, or Plyam.

If you haven't yet, just check out the
Dye tutorial sticky and Dye alternatives thread

Most everything you need to know probably in one of em.

Welcome! :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.