• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Hot dip. I've been using elmers glue for years to seal gaps that are precut in the vinyl. I always cut the whole image then cover cuts that I don't want dye in with elmers glue. I've even used elmers glue as the masking for a whole section.

and how is the glue removed? "chipped", or pried off in some way? because i've been considering elmer's......

Combo dye for a VIP member.

10457847_655831197865122_3870827534646146135_n.jpg

Thank you sir. I'm going to start re-exploring the spin dye technique now. I know that I see everybody and their momma doing it now.... but I want to get good at pairing these two techniques in preparation for okthrowberfest :)

Pretty new to dying discs but heres the latest one ive done. MVP Servo. Used some cheap vinyl i found on ebay and it gave it some weird patterns around my lines. Was pretty mad when i first peeled of the vinyl, but actually like the way it turned out now. Definately learned my lesson when using a cheap vinyl though.

[URL=http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/duckhunter501/media/servoDYE.jpg.html] [/URL]

Attachments

• servoDYE.jpg
    servoDYE.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 9
Wow... just realized how many more dyes get posted on facebook instead of here now. I thought that it had just dried up... looks like they are all on the dg art page instead :/

and how is the glue removed? "chipped", or pried off in some way? because i've been considering elmer's......

I just wipe it off while I am rinsing the disc. Takes a little bit of rubbing. But it's not too hard to get the glue off under running water.

Not as good as you guys, but heres this:
14403693592_f3f59e4e72_b.jpg

14425193333_8b12afe31d_b.jpg

Thanks LoPan for the stencils.

small bleed in the bombums foot, the BB one looks like runs, but it's from the removed stamped and dye that was on before it.

Also, for the VIPers sorry for the repost.

Any Idea what minis dye well? Trying to get my buddy a custom one for his birthday, Tried on the normal innnova one with no luck. I am guessing the MVP ones are the best?

Also, for the VIPers sorry for the repost.

Any Idea what minis dye well? Trying to get my buddy a custom one for his birthday, Tried on the normal innnova one with no luck. I am guessing the MVP ones are the best?

Someone was asking me about dyeing him a mini yesterday. I said to buy a blank MVP one from MarshallStreet. Seems like the safest bet. Also, Innova Glow minis are champ glo (right?) so those would probably work well also, at least for dip dyes.

My mom saw the other disc I did of that dog and wanted me to do one for her friend whose dog recently passed.

It's a bottom stamped star boss.

Shading was more difficult for 2 reasons. First, the lighter colored dog made the transistion more difficult - black to dark brown is easy, while black to light tan was not. Second, star plastic dyes so quickly that there was alot smaller margin for error compared to a champ type disc. iDye black will show up on a white star disc after being on the disc for <5 seconds.

The background is SC with iDye Green and Turqoiuse, and pro chem turqouise and bright blue.

Attachments

• millerdisc.jpg
    millerdisc.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 85
  • miller.jpg
    miller.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 21
I did my first shaving cream dye yesterday. It was a really simple American flag design on a stormtrooper Resistor. It was gonna look pretty good...I thought.

Note to dyer noobs like me: Remember that when you put the disc upside down in the cream, a mirror image will come out. :doh::doh:

And then to top it off, none of the red Rit took to my disc. So I had the "stars" on the wrong side of the disc, with no stripes. :thmbdown:

Needless to say, I need more practice dyeing. And I need to buy some I-dye Poly. But, at least it was a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.