• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Not sure if its just me but i didnt see anything about the thunderbird on that site..

Not sure if you are kidding, if you are not, try clearing your cache/history and then click on the link again.

With these being domey, I guess that leads the way for Thunderbird3s...

303180-good_tin_foil_hat_zpsc9ce375e.jpg

Not sure if you are kidding, if you are not, try clearing your cache/history and then click on the link again.

Lol sorry, but no i was not kidding. I tried clearing the history and still no luck. Oh well, ill try later with the laptop. Im pretty much constantly checking that site tho :)

I suppose the chin strap will increase effectiveness against brain assailants, good call.

The cat is about to whoop somebody's ass.

I'm really excited about this thunderbird. I haven't bought a new mold (besides the tursas) in about 6 months. It's time to try something new.

I see them at Infinite for the low low price of $23 + shipping lol. And I thought the pro-shop prices were a joke...

Retailers receive only 25 of the star stamp. For that reason, they fly off the shelf. The price reflects demand. When running a business it is important to make as much money as possible in an industry where margins are already very tight for all dealers. In the few days those have been listed, we have sold 23 and have only 2 remaining. That's even faster than usual for a proto star, and the value of these will rise as they become increasingly difficult to get a hold of.

I hope that helps you understand our reasoning behind the pricing. We are not trying to rip anybody off. Those who are interested in the collectible version of this disc will pay the higher price for that, which serves both us and our consumers equally well. They get a rare disc, we make a little more money (which helps us as a business out so much!)

The pro-shop prices do feel like a joke, in that they have thousands of those discs, and they do not offer them to retailers at a price which would allow better pricing. We are still able to get them, but we have to charge Pro-shop pricing for them. From Innova's standpoint, I completely understand their reasoning. They can sell unique product directly to consumers and skip the middleman (us) and make a fantastic margin. I do like to see Innova (and all other disc companies) be profitable, because it allows them to re-invest in the sport which is one of the keys of the growth of this great sport.

I understand that demand dictates price and not cost, just not interested in overpaying.

I definitely support our local shop and buy from there exclusively rather than the Scheels stores in town who charge more and have a worse selection.

So shut up and wait until they are released widely.

Jeebus HiFi.

I would windy face but I'm serious.

If you read back I have my own channel to help me out so I should be able to snag more than a couple protos for stock price mwahaha

If you watch McFly's coverage of the RFDO (third round, following McBeth) you can see him throw the Thunderbird on one of the holes. Pin high on a 433ft Par 3 and the thing is pretty much straight as an arrow for most of its flight. I think it was Hole 14, about 23 minutes in. I know not a lot of people aren't going to crush it out there like McBeast, but it should give you a good idea of its flight.

If you watch McFly's coverage of the RFDO (third round, following McBeth) you can see him throw the Thunderbird on one of the holes. Pin high on a 433ft Par 3 and the thing is pretty much straight as an arrow for most of its flight. I think it was Hole 14, about 23 minutes in. I know not a lot of people aren't going to crush it out there like McBeast, but it should give you a good idea of its flight.
Link for the lazy

disc golf united has Gstar... but yeah that^^^

Please post here if you see any protos go up for sale on sites, I will do the same.

With how fast they got snatched from the DGU Proshop it may be tough to post links with inventory still available. 16 minutes and all 25 protos were gone. If only their site worked on mobile I could've snagged one or two. I'll help if I notice any out there in the wild.