• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

i think that if they had a good thumber disc i could do a vibram only bag.

I agree with this comment. I have used the Ascent for thumbers before but those are more approach and accuracy thumbers and I would rather reach for my Preadators to do that. The O-Lace flips way to quick on the thumber. It needs to be Nuke OS like or Ape like. Though I could also see something more Preadator or Firebird like too. As for that overstable mid range that y'all are talking about, I hope it is like a Gator.

I'll be playing the local Birdie Bash next weekend and have never thrown a Vibram disc (uh-oh). If you had to choose just two Vibram discs to use for an entire round, with a wide variety of shots, what would they be? Based on descriptions/reviews I'm leaning towards the Ridge or Sole, and a Trak. Any input appreciated.

I'll be playing the local Birdie Bash next weekend and have never thrown a Vibram disc (uh-oh). If you had to choose just two Vibram discs to use for an entire round, with a wide variety of shots, what would they be? Based on descriptions/reviews I'm leaning towards the Ridge or Sole, and a Trak. Any input appreciated.

Trak is a great choice for a driver. Ridge and Sole would be two good choices for a putter, what do you putt with normally?

I normally putt with a soft Warden, formerly a JK Pro 3x Aviar. Also often drive the Warden for straight shots under 300ft

Hmm, never thrown a Warden. According to inbounds, the Ridge would be closest in flight characteristics. However, the Ridge is flat topped, beaded and doesn't quite feel like a traditional putter, so if the Warden is more "traditional shaped", that may throw you off. The Sole is a little more stable than the Ridge, according to Inbounds (although I feel like they fly the exact same, Soles just have more glide), doesn't have as defined of a bead (not really sure if it is a bead, or just disc shape), has a little dome to it, and feels more traditional.

Last edited:
Hmm, sole might be more my style since it's beadless. How is it as a driving putter? And the Trak, what Innova disc would you compare it to? Anything like a champ leopard? I throw mostly Latitude and love the River, which is similar to a leopard.

Hmm, sole might be more my style since it's beadless. How is it as a driving putter? And the Trak, what Innova disc would you compare it to? Anything like a champ leopard? I throw mostly Latitude and love the River, which is similar to a leopard.

I just edited my post above; the Sole doesn't have a very defined bead to it, but there is something down there (maybe it's called a bevel?, something like that). But it definitely is not as much of a bead as the Ridge. I love Soles as a driving putter, great high speed stability, good glide, and a nice little fade on the end. They aren't the most forgiving discs in the world, but if your form is at least semi-clean, you can crank on them.

As for the Trak, I would compare it more to a TL. Thrown hard and flat, they'll fly laser straight (a little turn to them as you get over the 300' power level), with some fade on the end. Will hold a hyzer great and will ride an anhyzer great, without turning and burning, but may still fight out a little at the end. For more turn, I'd suggest a lighter weight and I hope it's flatter (domier Traks seem to be more OS). However, domier Traks aren't crazy OS, in fact, they fly a lot like a Teebird.

Your extra disc may be the one you're using during the round, the company filling orders shafted me and a buddy who ordered the extra. I didn't get my 170-172 ridge xlf but the 150 class ridge I got as extra to use for the event. Was kinda upset it wasnt firm either but i knew that was subject to availability, didn't think I'd get shafted a disc though. just a heads up.

It sounds like we did not correct this problem. If that is the case, please shoot me an email so we can investigate. [email protected]

While we do make errors (the third disc used to be a manual check that sometimes did get missed (8 cases of this so far)), we make sure that all errors that we know about are fixed.

Note: PMing me on here does not count as emailing me as I do not check my PMs on here very often (as the 7 people awaiting a reply can attest!).

I bought the sample pack for being a TD for the birdie bash and every disc had major flash. I think they must be factory seconds.

Please send me a picture of every disc in the TD pack having major flash. We do not ship out 2nds and if you are correct, I have a significant QC issue that needs to be looked into. [email protected]

Please send me a picture of every disc in the TD pack having major flash. We do not ship out 2nds and if you are correct, I have a significant QC issue that needs to be looked into. [email protected]

i wish i had got this message sooner as i followed the advice ealier in the thread and sanded it off of most of them. it was on the firm driver a lace a olace and a trak. the flash was enough to make them uncomfortable to hold with it being right on the nose. with that said it was no worse then what i have gotten from other companies.

well, i got a reminder of how great vibram is in the rain today. i only had a summit but i swear i would have rather thrown that even on 470' holes rather than have no idea where my drives were going.

I agree with this comment. I have used the Ascent for thumbers before but those are more approach and accuracy thumbers and I would rather reach for my Preadators to do that. The O-Lace flips way to quick on the thumber. It needs to be Nuke OS like or Ape like. Though I could also see something more Preadator or Firebird like too. As for that overstable mid range that y'all are talking about, I hope it is like a Gator.

I've been wishing for a Vibram version of the Gator for a long time, so I second this motion for a OS mid.