• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I think the Valley is the best fairway Vibram has made out of the three so far... second generation is going to be good! The Valley has tremendous glide, and it's much more consistent than the Trak.

I'll agree with that. It's much better than the Trak. The only issue I have with it is that I'm quite happy with my TL and the Valley doesn't offer me anything the TL doesn't already do for me. I may give it another shot after the Vamp releases and I'm ordering one of those, though.

Where are you guys learning all these things with Vibram. Their own website lists nothing. Nothing about Granite, the Valley, upcoming discs of Notch and Arch coming out. Nothing about the discontinuation of the Trak and Ascent.

I felt like grabbing my all Vibram bag and finding holes to fill in it, and have no clue what I even want.

Currently have
173 M Summit
174 F Summit
173 M Ridge
175 M VP

175 M Ibex
177 M Obex

165 M Trak
165 M Ascent
167 M unLace
166 M Lace

All of these discs were purchased shortly after they released to retailers whenever they came out. Only thing I was late on purchasing was the firm Summit. Based off that, what new discs do I need to buy to cover the stability gaps with weights? Was I wrong reading that lighter Soft unLaces are more stable than others and can gap my current unLace and Lace? My unLace is a flippy pos but bombs as long as I never want it to come back, and my Lace is a meathook even on anny shots.

My trak and ascent fly the exact same (I max around 280ish for both of these last I threw them) I would love to hit the actual flight patterns across stabilities with the molds instead of the exact same disc.

My ibex and obex are perfect I'd say. Exactly what I want out of a 2 mold Midrange lineup. Thank god they don't break in.

Updating after playing a few rounds with this setup.

I do not like the firm plastic, took out my Sole and Summit. Really click with the Medium putters all off the tee. Ordering a Medium Sole to test for an actual putter.

Ibex is a straight arrow for me out to about 260. Has end fade when used on shorter throws otherwise dead straight. Obex flies stable and reliable fade to about 250 for me.

Trak has less HSS than I remember, but my form is cleaner now than it was before. Fades easily at the end, but will not come out of an anhyzer. I've yet to have to throw the Ascent, which I find weird. Trak hits around 280-290 on flat releases.

Unlace thrown flat bombs and continuously turns for me. I can flip it for straighter landing shots but still turns in the air. The lace is a much longer teebird for me at my power. I'm parking holes where I thought I couldn't reach before, landing about 310-320 on a nice straight line with pretty decent end fade.

I picked up an O-Lace and am ordering a Solace and a valley, hopefully arch and notch when they release tomorrow. with my horrible FH, i can turn over the O-Lace, and it's a nice meathook for me right now. Hoping the Wicked Overstable Fairway can pull off a similar line but a bit further distance once I order one.

Loving the rubber

Okay guys, I've thrown all of them and here's the deal.

The proto-Valley, aka the R448, is completely different than the production Valley. The proto-Valley will be released, but it will be later this year or maybe next year (I don't know) and will be called the Onyx.

Slam, duh-duhduh, duh-duhduh, let the boys be boys!

You won't need Sticky Fingaz to get a good grip on this disc!

(feel free to use that, Vibram)

I've been out of the loop for a while. Anyone know if they'll release the new fairways in the more typical Vibram mixed colors, or are they sticking with the single colors? It's part of the reason I love Vibram, the unique discs.

They are getting rid of the "old" multicolored discs entirely. All new runs with be either solid color or that Star Wars looking multicolored pattern.

(they may change their mind in the future, but that's where things stand right now)

They are getting rid of the "old" multicolored discs entirely. All new runs with be either solid color or that Star Wars looking multicolored pattern.

(they may change their mind in the future, but that's where things stand right now)

Solid-colored for the first runs, but after that I think there'll be multi-colored runs. Whether or not, they use the old color schemes I don't know, but the consensus here is no. Chances are good that VDG won't try to use the same color schemes as they have done in the past.

How do I feel about the newer clown barf colors? They're fine. Not as pretty as the older runs, but they're unique.

How do I feel about the newer granites? Way cool... they also feel more rough/grippy.

I'll hold the color judgement until I see/get the new ones in soft. :thmbup: Is it October yet?:\

Solid-colored for the first runs, but after that I think there'll be multi-colored runs. Whether or not, they use the old color schemes I don't know, but the consensus here is no. Chances are good that VDG won't try to use the same color schemes as they have done in the past.

How do I feel about the newer clown barf colors? They're fine. Not as pretty as the older runs, but they're unique.

How do I feel about the newer granites? Way cool... they also feel more rough/grippy.

Pic of newer granites if not too much trouble?

I'm glad they're bringing back the solid colors personally, way easier to spot in the woods IMO.

I'm glad they're bringing back the solid colors personally, way easier to spot in the woods IMO.
You make a good point. I don't feel like waiting a month or more on the off chance non-solid colors will be come available anyway...already been pining for these since they were announced. Full set of new fairways ordered!

One Vibram color I detest is the pencil eraser pink. Just ugly. Red and blue pop though.

Example of new color patterns. Rumor is the old swirl colors will not be made anymore. Only solid, or micro-granite (as pictured).

9620646_orig.jpg