• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aviar, 03 beast, 1st run wasp esp

Any thoughts appreciated.
Grid stamp Aviar ~7/10 175 small ink. Very stiff. Has Rancho and www. tooling.

Wasp ESP First Run, 7-8/10 physically, ink on back, not too tacky. Not sure on weight, but lets assume its ~175+

2003 Barry Beast pearly 8/10. Very faint ink on underside of rim. Rainbow stamp mostly intact. Assume weight is ~170+

Thanks a lot!

Out of curiousity, did I **** up by drawing on the thing?

Typically adding ink of any kind to a disc does not help the value. Even the majority of signatures by World Champions does not increase the demand for the disc.

Thought for the longest time this was a Ce Spider. But never truly checked until I got a Proto spider. What is this thing? I know its Ce, its prob a Mid, its beadless And its from the 02 Hou worlds.... Any help would be appreciated. :)

dcdheb.jpg

20fbvqg.jpg

Looks like a QMS to me. Just got one of those brand new in blue. Don't know about the worth in that condition. Great thrower though!

No pictures at the moment, but what are 5-6/10 chains aviars going for these days? I recently acquired a small stack of them and I'm not really sure what to do with them.

For whatever reason the Chains Aviar value is very sensitive to how well the stamp looks. If the plastic is a 5/10 but the stamp is intact and a unique foil it will bring good money.
ZsjKclSl.jpg

Found a disc in a pond today. It seemed similar to star plastic but the stamp was very faded and hard to read. It was a dD2 driver? With a Disc Mania mark and a creepy face printed in gold. I tried throwing it several times but it wasn't practical for me. I know it was an innova disc b/c of the underside embossment, but any thoughts on it? I personally didn't find any appeal.

Yea that was it alright. I tried throwing it a dozen times, wouldn't fly for me unless i released very high w/ a big anny angle. I could get some length on it, but based on the links description not even close to my furthest drives. Traded in.

What is up w/ that run of discs? Haven't heard much about them and never seen them in the local shops that carry all brands? Rare?

Last edited:
A Few

Just pulled some discs out of the closet and am wondering what some of these are worth these days. The orange one and red one are something inbetween a roc and cobra.... not quite sure, they're big and have a mid range rim. Thanks for the input.

9584494703_a1513e11ca_b.jpg

9584495257_75c326ebb1_b.jpg

9587287042_c969b56b8d_b.jpg

9587287418_e390cf799f_b.jpg

Just pulled some discs out of the closet and am wondering what some of these are worth these days. The orange one and red one are something inbetween a roc and cobra.... not quite sure, they're big and have a mid range rim. Thanks for the input.
The clear Evo Wizard is going to be worth over $30 probably; people go nutty over those things. The small bead Aviar is high right now too; not sure what they are going for but they are going for more than a beat-up DX disc should.

Do the other two have a notch on the wing? If yes, they are Sharks. Used DX Shark=$2.00. If they are not Sharks, no idea what a "between a Roc and a Cobra" disc from 1996 would have been.

The orange disc is indeed a dx roc. I know because I have the same thing. Therefore, I'm assuming the red disc is a roc as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts