• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 abnormal disc that is a must have in the bag

Wham-O Frisbee "S" Turn Driver. Came with a basket. Once I used it, it hasn't left the bag.

The easiest Hyzer-Flip to straight disc you will ever throw. 40-50% power and she flips straight and rides for the easiest 200 ft tunnel shot before it finishes flat and straight. So easy.

Not uncommon (to me at least), but I get some surprising comments when I pull out a DX Cobra.
"Man, that's old school!" :confused:

^This happened to me the other week. I've had this disc for 10 yrs and it will never be taken out of the bag. To answer the question though, I tend to carry a Blowfly II.

Condor . . . flies straight as an arrow, slow and drops straight to the ground . . . I love it

I have been trying (because a friend recommended it) a 10 Meter Brick. I use it for short overhand get out of trouble shots that need to flop and stop. It does not generally roll at all and will just flip over and stop.

you sure its a friend who recommended that?

Beat Ace Race Meteor for hard, late turn. I only use it once every three or 4 rounds, but I put that thing on a steep hyzer and rip it and it's almost like a RHBH hyzer (I'm LHBH.)

I'm developing my forehand, so it may be on its way out.

I keep a Soft Vibram Summit in my bag for when I'm really worried about roll away on an approach. It isn't 100% perfect though.

I use a mamba often, nobody likes those! Mine is straight and predictable without a hard fade. Great for anhyzers too.

ultrastar: took it out of the bag, think i might need to put it back in for a predictable approach.

I have had Condors, Zephyrs in the bag off and on.

I throw Monsters for os duties and skip shots. I don't know anyone around here who throws them.

FLX Pred. I know Preds aren't "abnormal", but most people seem to strongly dislike FLX plastic.

I got this FLX Pred the year they hit the market- It is absolutely THRASHED. but it is still the most overstable Pred I have ever thrown. What I use it for exclusively: Thumbers.

I can drop this thing on a target from 250 feet out, and when it hits, she flexes, does a little flip, and stays put. No roll aways. I got it dialed in after years of throwing it, I know exactly where it will land. I find myself throwing thumbers occasionally where I don't even have to, just because I know I can slam it down on that island surrounded by OB and know it isn't going to skip or roll anywhere.

I keep a Soft Vibram Summit in my bag for when I'm really worried about roll away on an approach. It isn't 100% perfect though.

^^^Some how I have got to where I use mine for 90% of my shorter approach shots

I don't see many people use Glides, but its my go to under stable mid

I wouldn't say it's "abnormal" but the staple in my bag that pretty much no one else throws is the R-Pro Boss. Most people think they're too flippy and they can't take any sort of beating, but there's no disc I can throw quite as far. Gimme a long hole with sparse trees and that's what I'm pulling outta my bag.

Not long ago, I'd have said the Nebula (2008 AceRace disc), but recently, people have been picking them up in Z plastic. Fits between the Buzzz and the Drone for me.

Everything I carry is pretty common. My brother on the other hand has had a DX Wolf in his bag since he started playing. He's chained more shots with it outside 100 feet than anyone I've played with.

In my opinion the Innova DX XD is a must have. It is the perfect turnover putter/ short midrange.

I use a 1st run Star Wedge in this slot. Lower profile and more understable than your XD.

Wham-O Frisbee "S" Turn Driver. Came with a basket. Once I used it, it hasn't left the bag.

The easiest Hyzer-Flip to straight disc you will ever throw. 40-50% power and she flips straight and rides for the easiest 200 ft tunnel shot before it finishes flat and straight. So easy.

Just don't hit a tree with it. I've never thrown anything less durable.

3-way tie for "abnormal", the aforementioned Wedge, a beat to crap SE Rhyno, and a Starlite (148g) Roadrunner.

Latest posts