• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 18 Holes...But only 1 Disc

Mcgriff

Just felt like starting a lil discussion among all the intellectuals here. If you had 18 holes to play...you could say it's your home course...and only 1 disc you could play with what disc would you choose and why?

I would probably take my buzzz cuz I feel like it is one of the most versatile discs out there and can be put on any line.

Just felt like starting a lil discussion among all the intellectuals here. If you had 18 holes to play...you could say it's your home course...and only 1 disc you could play with what disc would you choose and why?

I would probably take my buzzz cuz I feel like it is one of the most versatile discs out there and can be put on any line.

Right now I'm going to go with the Stalker. Powered down, it can do what my Buzzz's did. I can throw it FH & BH alike. Yeah, I'm going with my Z Stalkers as my choice here.

^^^ Yes, MVP Tangent. Such a great disc! I've never had a disc that flies like the Tangent (of course the Tangent is my only MVP disc).

Wizard SS 175- Can throw it on a variety of lines, and also very workable for approaches. Depending on the day, can also be thrown into a headwind. Obviously good for putting. No skip can make for risky, pinpoint shots.

OR

Champ Mako3 172- Essentially a point and shoot disc, holds anhyzer and hyzer suprisingly well. Gets more distance/glide than the wizard, and is still very controllable. Though it skips more than the wizard, it is very minimal and usually isn't an issue.

Both of these I've done before and it really comes down to the course. Blue Ribbon Pines, Mako3, Riverside (St Cloud, MN) or Plymouth, I'm tossing wizard.

DX teebird. Gives me some distance and can force it to be a putter.

For years, this question would pop up and my answer would be a Roc (recently Roc3). But now? I'd go with a Proton Envy. On long holes, I could roll it but it is easily capable of going 350 on an air line. Not by me, but my point still stands.

Nova or Magic. I can make these discs do whatever I want whenever I want. If it was windy, NOVA all day long. It actually holds up really well in any wind.

I play a quick round with only my comet or dart when I get to a new unfamiliar course.

often times I'll actually score better with one of those discs in the quick round than with all my discs on the 2nd time around on the next round. :p

Love this debate. I've got a couple friends who like to get out and play, but are casual one-disc players. Rather than be the guy with a bag full, I play one disc with them.

Magic recently. But comet or meteor sometimes. I've been curious about the envy.

I'd go with an XD on the local shorter/technical course - and a PD on the local longer course.

Hands down I'd throw a SP DGA Squall. They have great glide to them, and power down very well. They can bomb too given enough height.

I did one with a Cro by accident not long ago and it was quite enjoyable. It can go up to 300 off the tee for me and is a fairly comfortable for me disc to putt with.

I bet a Star Teebird would be okay too. Recently I've been throwing a Yao some and it's a good bet to so that well also.

Latest posts