• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 18 Holes...But only 1 Disc

No one's said Opto Pure yet. That's interesting. That's my vote.

Id say my Icon Gauge.. Great for drives, holds almost any line i put it on and easy to putt with.

i wish there were one disc tourneys outside of ace races, id tear it up with a soft neutron ion and leave no survivors.

i wish there were one disc tourneys outside of ace races, id tear it up with a soft neutron ion and leave no survivors.

I'm not a tourney guy and don't have any interest in being one. But I've always been surprised that there aren't more low key one or two disc tourneys. Seems like they would be fun to play in and interesting to watch.

Recycled Gold Pure.

Doesn't matter the length of the course. Missed putts add up on the scorecard faster than short drives do.

Fresh DX Teebird for a longer course.

Roc or Roc3 for something a bit shorter.

South Mountain in Bethlehem, Pa. 'Once Around the Mountain' they have it every year. I dare ya to show up next year and tear it up with your Ion. Then I can see if the jokes match the face. Ha!

Z-Buzzz. It's pretty much all I play with in the winter, anyway.

I love how many MVP discs have shown up this time around. Usually I say my Stalker because it's like a mid that can get fairway distance and is pretty good in the wind, but I have been using my Alias for about 80% of my drives lately and it's just so controllable. So count me on the switch over to MVP/Axiom.
Oh and, MVP/Axiom, if you're reading this, make me a shallow rim, wide diameter 6-7 speed Envy stable disc and I will give you all of my money for it.

Short Course : Wizards, any plastic any weight
Long Course : Valkyrie, champion plastic any weight

I'd probably go with a Star Teebird. I can get to 300' comfortably with it, and can FH with it, so I'd be able to cover a lot of upshots, as well as drives.

It is fun with a lot of discs, but on my course a surge might give me the best results.

Thinking of this thread, I messed around and tried putting with a few drivers this afternoon. It was a joke. I'm sure the fact that I throw mostly 150 class didn't help, but I sure won't be one of the people using a driver for single disc.

Another vote for the Envy. A new proton for windy days and a beat to straight neutron for no wind.
If I'm not going to use a putter it would have been the Roc3. Maybe a McPro as it's stiff and it would make the putting a lot easier!

Soft Proton Ion (only because I don't have my Envy yet, though a sweet black/red one is currently on its way!)

I have been playing mostly one and two disc rounds to learn the strengths of my discs. Searching for an errant disc in a poison ivy patch is a cruel mistress :doh:

I will be the first to throw this one out I guess, ... DD Truth. Lucid or Fuzion.

Latest posts