• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 18 Holes...But only 1 Disc

Gonna have to go with my well beaten in flat top Roc 175g, I can shape it pretty well and has a decent forehand as well as being able to decently putt with it.

- On a long course I might go with my champion roc3, I can roll it decently and its pretty shapeable.

We played a 'One Disc Wango' tonight at my local league (Shawnee Mission Park), in place of our normal Tuesday league.

I won with a semi-worn KC Pro Roc, but just about everyone was throwing some kind of Midrange; a lot of DD Truths.

The only midranges I throw are Rocs, ranging from super overstable Champion Rancho, to really beat flippy DX. For the One Discer, I chose my dead-straight KC Pro Roc, which is fairly worn in. I can turn it over with a big pull, or I can release it softly on a hyzer and it will hold, and it is perfect for dead straight shots.

My local course has too many low canopys and long holes... seasoned DX Gazelle. I normally drive with it on 4-5 holes anyway.

I posted basically the same question under tournaments because our clubhas our fifth annual singularity tournament coming up. A single disc tournament and wondered what everyone would use. I'm guessing not a lot of places do a tournament like this? I suggest getting one together because it's a blast. Last year I threw my atlas as advanced and did fairly well, close to the scores of the guys in open. This year I'm going to man up and play open and throw a nice worn in kc pro roc. All four years the open winner use a roc. Three by the same guy it was a 2005 USDGC champion roc and the other guy one year one with what I guess was a dx roc or a USDGC of another year.

Played a one disc round with the Meteor today. Pretty enjoyable on our local shortish wooded course. upshots/longputt/approaches were the most annoying as I'm used to the better accuracy I get from my lids in those situation. Probably like it better than using the magic. I think I'd like my comet more if I were more consistent driving with it. Meteor seems to handle those inevitable wonky throws better.

Is this auto-corrected Spike or is there a new disc I don't know about?

Bite_Dog_Disc_Standard.jpg

Really short course = Polecat

Pretty much any other course = Ion

I'd just feel so shamefully n00bish putting without a putter to use anything else. Tangent is tempting though.

Heavy Comet. Ridge on a shorter course.

On the tighter woods course near me it would be my Star Mako. For the more open course, it would be my beat in Lat64 River.

Champion Panther! I love this disc and even putt with it from time to time and/or when I am playing a round with just a mid.....I can get this disc to do almost everything I want, within my current capabilities. My current favorite all around disc!

Latest posts