• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

So it was you who hit the hole 5 ace to start the day..
Nice job.

I think that hole was the easiest of the 9. Pretty much just a putt.

Yep, that was me! That was the easiest one. I wonder what was the distribution of aces on all the holes out there.

I asked on the Discraft facebook page if the 2011 Ace Race disc was going to be PDGA approved, and the response was "Yes. Should be soon."

Out of 50, 45 black and 5 orange. The original order was all black, and we ordererd 10 extra 5 black, 5 orange

wow, I ordered 100 (50 packages) and got a much better variety of colors.

2nrlfn.jpg

:eek: That is the first red and blue that I have seen. Our ace race didn't even have orange, just pink, black, and green.

discraft said:
Guaranteed to be at least twice the value of your entry fee! More than a $50 value!

is this a cash back gaurantee? because i doubt i can get more than my money back on this stuff

The disc is kinda...garbagio for driving and the only thing I would use it for is upshots under 200ft.

I'm loving it for driving and that 200' range. I'm using it a lot at the course between 240-300 foot shots that I just want a dead straight toss

It is straight for sure but I just need a little more stability in a driving putter as this one can turn and track 30ft off line.

How is it for 20ft putts Glen?:p

The disc is kinda...garbagio for driving and the only thing I would use it for is upshots under 200ft.

There are definitely better options for more powerful players. The ESP one is just clunky and way more stable than it needs to be. It feels like a brick and doesn't seem to glide as well as expected. The ProD one is better but really it's nothing a putter or comet won't already do. I just wish they had made it in EliteX rather than ProD. (I personally would prefer pro d + elitex but that wouldn't be smart from a business perspective, the majority want premium plastic)

It is straight for sure but I just need a little more stability in a driving putter as this one can turn and track 30ft off line.

How is it for 20ft putts Glen?:p

Actually I'm Glens younger brother in AZ. He is the one who got me into the sport and site though. And we do have very similar screen names. And as a point of brotherly competition I'm now higher rated than him. Booyeah.

And it's most definitely not my cup of tea for putting.

Actually I'm Glens younger brother in AZ. He is the one who got me into the sport and site though. And we do have very similar screen names. And as a point of brotherly competition I'm now higher rated than him. Booyeah.

And it's most definitely not my cup of tea for putting.

That's cool man! I don't play with him much but when I shot my best round (in my mind) it was just Glen, my GF at the time, and me on the card.

Anyway ask him a 20ft putt in Nacogdoches....he will know what I am talking about....but he warned me he couldn't make any all weekend.

I found the Pro-D easier to throw, it felt a little stiffer in the middle than the ESP. Both discs are great for catch, amazing glide, ESP a little softer. We had 130 people at our Ace Race in San Marcos, CA, and booyah I hit the first ace of the event on my 5th throw! I think we had about 10 aces total and we also count metal hits.

Nice job on the ace. It was my first ace race (San Marcos). Lot's of fun, sun and good people running around the course.

I didn't see a variety of colors in our disc lot. Just black and pink, with one brown. I decided to play with the black max weight disc since it felt the best in my hand. I presume that's the Esp plastic? It flew dead straight for me and I hit metal on the first hole (4 total metal). My closest shot at an ace hit the top ring dead center, about 2 inches too high. :thmbdown:

In the end, no verdict yet on whether I'll keep it in my bag. I might give away the pink one for my son to mess with. Still considering getting a soft Ion.

Played in a local Ace Race this past Saturday. Opinions in my group were very mixed on the disc. One person seemed to really love it while a couple of us really ended up disliking the disc for the most part, and the rest having a so-so opinion of it.

For myself, the disc didn't really ever start to feel comfortable in my hand no matter how many throws I made with it. It probably has something to do with it being a much deeper rim than what I'm used to using for a putter (Pure). Others in my group seemed to be having issues getting any consistency with the the disc. That actually surprised me a bit considering that there were a couple of Ultimate players in the group that I expected to have a much easier time with a finesse disc.

I'm doubting at this point that mine will end up in my bag in the long run, but I may give them another shot at some point.

^^^ yeah i had one over the weekend and had the same problem.. just couldnt seem to find the happy medium with it and was very surprised i was having release issues with it.. i enjoy throwing the rattler and was thinking it might be kinda similar but just couldnt make it work .. layout was very tough too with our winner having 1 ace

I played in an Ace Race Sunday and almost everyone hated the disc. It was just too understable for most of us. I was able to get it to go straight by hyzer-flipping it, but most just couldn't get it to work for them. Over all, it's a disc that I'll probably never use again.

Latest posts