• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Ace Race disc is a faster longer buzzz

I just signed up for my Ace Race event!!! Really excited!! :) My dad and I had a blast last year!!

What's the lip like on the disc? I signed up for it and it's in 2 days... :/ Hopefully it's more fairway than mid...

This will be my first year at the ace race and I just want to know what I should bring with me. Do people bring markers to mark their discs? Im sure this isnt the right thread to post this on but I didnt want to start a new one. thanks

This will be my first year at the ace race and I just want to know what I should bring with me. Do people bring markers to mark their discs? Im sure this isnt the right thread to post this on but I didnt want to start a new one. thanks

Nah son! You hit metal, an ace, or nothing. One throw from your designated teepads.

Its a good time! Have fun.

When we went they had markers there. I suggest marking them somehow (I put tiny hearts on mine for example) because even though there's different colors, there could still be 3 of you throwing a red one.I'd do something small incase you end up selling them.

were i played it was
2 point for basket or band
1 point for pin
3 point for chain
5 points for ace

at my race there were only 2 colors yellow or green.

the lip is almost identical to the squall. so speed 5/6 size.

I heard if it makes it into the permanent lineup its going to be called the Stinger.

I totally just made that up, but seriously its going to be called the Fruit Fly.

The lip is wider then a Buzzz, smaller then a Stalker. The one's I've held have all been flat top. No domey ones yet. All of them have been orange too.

God, sounds like kind of lips I hate... Guess it's field work day with my 6 buzzzes and my stalker lol

So, is it similar to a QJLS? (I asked this in the other thread but didn't get much response)

THat's probably because the ls is a totaly different disc. Not realy comparable to the stalker or the buzzz, except if you want to say "it's nothnign like those discs".

Discraft specifically sets parameters as to how the Ace Race should be run, and they include it in the TD package. I'm reading the TD paperwork now and it says:

"All players should have their own scorecards and mark 'A' for aces and 'M' for holes on which they hit metal.....The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winners. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then held to determine the winner."

Nothing about a points system, at all. WTF is so hard about following specific instructions?
Your TD was an ass-hat, as was the TDwho split up the Grand Prize. Seems like a lot of un-intelligent people who cannot follow instructions are trying to run Ace Races.

And who the hell cares how it's run as long as people have fun??? Discraft wants you to use their stuff, they want to get people excited about disc golf, and ultimately they want to sell a lot of stuff.

Ace Race = marketing and product testing. Yes, of course the have guidelines for suggested scoring, but since no one ace race competes with another who cares.

They had about five colors, I got a pink and green. They had some almost clear ones but my buddy snagged them. Also purple but they were real light. Slower Stalker with a lot of glide. At my event we also had a Wizard Ace Race Revenge where we got to use three of our own discs and the Wizard we got for signing up. 4 shots at each hole. I won the CTP hole in my group for getting closest to the pin with my Wizard. Basket hit was 3 pts. pole was 1 pt. and an Ace was 10 pts. highest score got a Gateway basket. 29 points took it. Was a blast to play!

Latest posts