• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

Blizzard Putter. That would actually be a cool like 3rd disc for a special package this year lol. Just as a joke. Hell maybe it could be useful lol. You never know :)

I'm hoping for something buzzz like since they plan on dropping it at the end of the year :D:popcorn:
who wants to buy some z buzzzs?

blizzard polecat would be ok

Bro, what are you smoking tonight? :confused:

Also, Ace Races are made to be fun-for-all-skill-levels (and rightfully so IMHO). I doubt an overstable fairway driver ever makes it as a disc.

If I were Discraft, I would make something in the Stratus/Eclipse ballpark - an understable "tweener" that rates in their stability range between -0.5 and 0.5. I'd do them in premium plastic combo (Z and ESP). Looking at their lineup that's the spot that needs an "update" and that everybody could throw.

We do not need another putter, but if it were I would like to see something like a lid. Discraft has some odd-feeling putters, but they do not have anything really like a Birdie or Polecat. While I would not use either for serious competition, they are fun to throw because they have absolutely no fade. You would be able to take some amazing shots with it.

I would, however, like to see a mid that when powered down has tremendous glide but when powered up is flip and turn resistant. Maybe something between a Buzzz SS and Meteor. It might not be a good production model because there might not be a big market for it, but it would be an ideal Ace Race disc.

This will be our second year running an ace race, and no matter if it is a putter or a driver, our hole lengths of 130-180 were ideal with only one at 250+. We had several that had tight windows, so the Zeppelin was a great choice, but something that had lateral movement like the Hornet may not have faired so well.

Getting there, and I hate being proved wrong.

Oh well, I do not see them going there anyway. The 2008-2011 trend seemed to be all about warp speed but it appears in 2011 and going into this year that disc trends are shifting more towards moderate speed with additional glide. Since it will likely once again be a putter suited more for approaching or a slower controllable mid, the question for this year actually is about at what stability are they going to attempt this.

There is nothing really more we can add until Discraft starts teasing us on Facebook again. I will just reiterate what others have said, I would like to see new materials even if it is an existing mold. Not likely to happen, but who knows.

I'd like to see them mold a serious contender in the fairway department, Innova/Discmania is smoking them in that category.

Anybody ever hear of a Cyclone?

/Discraft doesn't have a great fairway driver discussion.

To innovas 5 or 6 insistent, mold changing drivers... Yeah.

complain complain complain... yet i still see thread after thread on the Tbird, TL, Eagle and Leopard. then you throw in the banshee which is massively overlooked and the FD which is getting rave reviews and that's a hell of a lineup.

most people can't even name more than couple DC fairways, and all of the mold changing bs is going on in the distance category, not really with the fairways with the exception of the + rim ****.

Long holes suck for ace races. I hope they keep it to a mid or putter. I will be making my holes even shorter than last year.

More Aces = More Fun!!!

QFT!

My Race last year seemed to be just about the ideal average distance, since it seemed we quadrupled the collective number of aces and metal hits...and our winner had several of each, as opposed to previous years where there was a pattern of "1 A/1 M" taking the prize.

I suggested to Discraft that they continue the player's pack in TWO different plastics, but recommended that they include a transparent (i.e. CryZtal) disc so that TDs can run NIGHTTIME ACE RACES! They seemed to like the idea, so I can only hope they're seriously considering it.

Ace Races are more fun with more aces. Even if it's a driver I'm staying with a short/shorter/shortest approach to the layout.