• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

information should be coming out soon on this years disc:

From Discraft: "New discs are to players what wrapped Christmas gifts are too little kids: mind-gnawing mysteries. We are still officially in mid-July, and will be unwrapping this package shortly. In the meantime, we can all have some fun with speculation. :) "

Emac's disc was the buzzz SS but they discontinued the buzzzSS because it wasn't flying like a buzzzSS should. So he switched to the wasp.

1) Buzzz SS < Buzzz < Wasp (just to be clear: < means "is less stable than" )
2) Emac switches from Buzzz SS to Wasp :confused:

So, a Wasp was flying closer to what a Buzz SS should fly like? :scratches head smiley:
something's whacked there, which, I guess, is the point of your statement.
... but I no get it.

Mid-july is over tomorrow technically.. So they are liers if they don't haha. I'll forgive them either way.

So, a Wasp was flying closer to what a Buzz SS should fly like? :scratches head smiley:
... but I no get it.

as most people have said the TI plastic is U.S. I am guessing it was too flipping in the TI plastic.

... but I no get it.

My best guess would be that emac throws both the wasp and the buzzzSS. The wasp as his OS mid and buzzzSS as US. Because the SS didn't fly how a buzzzSS should in TI eMac chose to put his name on the wasp because the wasp flew correctly.

just guessing though

... but I no get it.

He didn't change molds he uses, just what his signature disc is. He's thrown the wasp for years, and still uses a buzzz ss.

My best guess would be that emac throws both the wasp and the buzzzSS. The wasp as his OS mid and buzzzSS as US. Because the SS didn't fly how a buzzzSS should in TI eMac chose to put his name on the wasp because the wasp flew correctly.

just guessing though

ding ding ding
but i think he throws a buzzz too and that is dos' disc

I'm thinking about signing up for the local Ace Race, so I'm pumped to see what is all entailed as it's my first, regardless of what discs they are. I'll be lucky to hit metal, lol!

It's fun to go and hear everyone whine about the disc. People that complain about it don't have the right mind set. The trick is to learn how to throw the disc. Last years' disc took me a while to figure out. Once I did, I had some near-aces. Also, a lot of people think it's a Lay-up Race.

I have found that new discs are easy to throw with a hyzer softly. Anybody can throw any disc 150 ft with hyzer. Ok a bit much. But slightly true

just guessing though

He didn't change molds he uses, just what his signature disc is. He's thrown the wasp for years, and still uses a buzzz ss.

Thanks. I inferred (incorrectly) that he "switched" discs in his bag :)doh:), rather than discs his name should be associated with. Now it makes sense.

Theres still a gap between the Buzzz (.5) and the wasp (1.5) so a 1.0 turn mid range would be awesome. Im guessing they are coming out with a super glidey stable fairway tho to compete with latitude.

My friend is holding a ace race and he hasnt heard anything yet either. It would be nice to know what the disc is going to be so we can come up with a suitable layout.