• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Discraft Ace Race Disc

It sounds like a 6/5/0/1 ...

I'm agreeing with this. From the description and images of the rim, it really looks like a speed 6 driver (similar to a Leopard). So it'll be slower than a TL (Speed 8), and probably a bit more stable than a Leopard..

Also, I vote for 'Seeker' too.

Nice to see a water bottle. Now that is something I can use. Last years bag wasn't the greatest, but I have used it a couple of times this year. Its hard to get used to carry a bag over your shoulder when you are used to wearing one on your back, but there are times when I play a short course and I don't need but a few discs. I'm hoping that I can get some use out of the discs as well. Wasn't to fond of the Zepplin.

Agreed, the bags have been something to give away, the water bottle is at least worth keeping.

My guess is that it is closer to a FD Jackal. I use that disc like a hybrid, between a mid and driver. I prefer to throw a Jackal on lines I used to try to power up a mid and it just zips to the target no higher than 8 feet off the ground; perfect for tunnel shots or low ceilings where I need to shape a line and still need respectable distance. This pretty much sounds like what Discraft is describing. If so, I will tremendously like this as the FD is currently not available in C Line.

You also wonder why you can't get a girlfriend when you are yelling about raping things

Sick burn. Sarcasm is hard to understand in text I guess.
I also vote for the seeker. If its as good as the buzz but longer it would be epic. It's gonna have to beat the saint out though.

Re: Playing multiple Ace Races

One thing that I and other WI Ace Race TDs do is offer a $10 entry to players who already have the discs...this encourages people to travel and play more than one event without having to fork over $25 each time (unless, as some have noted, they really want multiple packs). We've had many players take advantage of this, and the advantage to them is that they already have weeks or more of experience with the discs!

I also offer the chance for couples to split a single pack, so each of them get one of the discs and they divide the rest of the pack as they see fit, and charge $10 for the add-on player, so if you're coming out with a spouse/child/BFF you only pay $35 instead of $50.

Also, if you can't play an Ace Race but want this awesome pack, message me and I can arrange to order one and have it shipped (I've done this before for a couple DGCR members who were WAY out in the sticks or had schedule conflicts with their closest event), providing that you pay before the registration deadline.

I like the transparent plastic! That'll make it possible to run GLOW Ace Races! I wonder who gave 'em that idea? :rolleyes:

Birdman, historically if you show up with cash you will be okay. Try the club forum, it gets looked at every now and then. Also, I will be there so look from the fat kid named Will :)

Do your TD a favor and prepay being he has to buy your players pack weeks in advance! This is a public service announcement for everyone. :)

Do your TD a favor and prepay being he has to buy your players pack weeks in advance! This is a public service announcement for everyone. :)

This.

Better yet, do yourself a favor and prepay, since I'll likely turn you away as I only order 5 or so extra packs, and those are usually spoken for prior to event day. Some people react like I'm being a dick, but the up-front costs get to be a bit much, especially when I'm taking all the "profit" from pre-registrations and pouring them into my Ace Revenge!

I can't believe last years particapants got a bag and I'm a newbie so I'm just looking at the ace Race and not planning to do it but might just buy the disc because it looks cool and it is kind of cheap.

Why a driver? So I have to under throw this disc everytime. well alot of hyzer aces coming up. Seems like they dropped the ball on this one. Slow mid or putter for a ace race is perfect. Not somthing that I can throw farther than a buzz.

I like the player's pack much better this year. Last year's ace race made all the disc golfers look like idiots to all of the non-disc golfers in the park. "What are all of these guys doing throwing frisbees and carrying man-purses?" How many people actually used the tiny bag that didn't stand up on it's own after the Ace Race? The best thing about this year's is BOTH discs are premium plastic. Maybe I'll dig out the man-purse bag just to carry the two discs and a drink.

This is sick. Sunglasses, Water Bottle, 2 awesome discs in a good plastic, and a new mini!!!! oh & a sticker... Yipee..

This.

Better yet, do yourself a favor and prepay, since I'll likely turn you away as I only order 5 or so extra packs, and those are usually spoken for prior to event day. Some people react like I'm being a dick, but the up-front costs get to be a bit much, especially when I'm taking all the "profit" from pre-registrations and pouring them into my Ace Revenge!

I am sure prepaying is the best option, but I'd say just contact the TD - I did here and he said just show up on the day with $. He did take down my name though, so I assume that means I'd be one of the 'spoken for' ones.

This is what upset me from Discraft. I had to have our order in LAST week for packages because our Ace Race is next week. We had some natural interest and we ordered a few extra for walk-ups. As expected, now that the disc is being hyped, I am getting more interest. Thankfully I ordered enough to cover the first wave of new interest, but my extra packages may not hold up.

If Discraft had released this information before last Thursday, I would have had a more accurate count of how many I needed to purchase.

Now, I am excited about the disc, and if we get the numbers we had purchased for, I know that we can make a great showing and next year's Ace Race will be even better.