• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Completely Filled!

Ha, It seems to be common for people to discuss where Paul should play. Figured I would fan the flames. I think Paul should play where ever he wants as long as he wants and he knows that. Now "Joseph Priest"... that guy does need to go Pro. 996 rated signed up for Am Nats...

And I have no problem with Paul playing AM. He came up to Pittsburgh a few years agoto play in our league. We played Deer Lakes, he set the new course record. Then I finished my round a few minutes after him, and set the NEW course record. What an AM. lol

No Paul is a good guy and he can play where he feels comfortable. He is the next Estenfelder.

There is an updated waitlist, dated today. I'd post the link, but I navigated away from the page and it's taking foreverrrrrrrrr to load.

Looks like there's a new schedule and they somehow figured out how to add 26 more slots. Originally, they were going to take 1008 players (72 x 14 courses). Then they juggled schedules and eventually hit 1099 for a while. Now the total slots stand at 1125, if my math is right.

They added mostly juniors (18), pro seniors (4), and pro master/grandmaster women (4). Interestingly, there were two former world champs on the wait list and now, magically, there are enough slots to accommodate them. Cynics might say there is no registration deadline if you're really good, but I'm sure this was just a happy scheduling coincidence.

There's another subtle difference here. They're showing how some of the divisions match up to fill the courses. For example, if MM1 combines with MJ1 they don't fill all 144 slots on the two courses MM1 is split across. That means if MJ1 doesn't use all 30 spots allotted to it those spots can be filled by MM1 players. The clue here is the "c" that's on the outside of the division boxes. Divisions that don't have a "c" next to them share courses during pool play, so they can also share tee spots. All of this, of course, is my interpretation from 2,000 miles away.

Question is: when do they decide if MJ1 won't use all of its spots? Monday of tournament week?

Good find, Rizbee -- I know a couple of guys who wanted to play MM1 and maybe now they can still get in. But it may depend on the number of juniors who sign up. Strange.

MM1 is not limited by MJ1 but shares other courses with pools like MS1 (Y) with 36. They fill some courses with the additional 36 MM1 in pool Q. No more room in MM1 unless MS1 drops below 36 which is highly unlikely at this point. The latest schedule increases came mostly from increasing "soft caps" where possible in some smaller divisions that hadn't already filled their course assignments with 72 players. I think all of those have been expanded to hard caps in V1.7 at this point.

If they were all hard caps, wouldn't there be a "c" next to all the divisions?

And thanks, Chuck, for being willing to speak up. It's surprising to me how little communication we're getting regarding the wait list status.

The "c" caps were there initially for big pool divisions that couldn't be exceeded but haven't been added when hard caps were reached for other smaller divisions.