• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Glass Blown Open

Also where the heck did Seaborn come from!? Great to see him up front!

Ya no kidding. These past few big tourns have had some surprising results. Like Ron Convers at Tx States. Love it! Hopefully this is a trend this year and we'll have a more topsy turvy year.

Should have checked that lol. I saw all the new "In the bags" DD did on YouTube and figured McCabe's was the last and was like well guess Seaborn is doing his own thing lol.

Guess the Euro plastic is agreeing with him at least.

I certainly wouldn't say Eric is struggling with the discs. I've seen him throw some shots with them that are just not conceivable to me. There's a difference between throwing and scoring though. He probably caught some bad breaks with skips and rolls out at the muni course and others scored well. I wouldn't count anyone out yet they will still have a tough round sunday with the predicted weather.

I'll be at that course today with a caddy friend who can hopefully keep me in line. He's actually one of the guys who started playing with Emac back in highschool. No OB is the motto. If that doesn't work I'm getting drunk instead and will continue to have a good time.

The block party last night was fun. Got a chance to tell Rusco thanks for all the events and player's pack. His response was "you know how we do it" Loved it.

Not having the best hotel experience at the Guest House right now. I would highly suggest not using this place for any worlds plans. Problems too long to list right now...

Photos of ECC and Municipal are up.

Course Maps & O.B. descriptions

I'm going to try to get all three of the regular courses reshot a little later this year once the greenery fills in as all three are undergoing upgrades of some sorts before Am Worlds. Jones East has apparently completely changed its hole order.

Jones East has apparently completely changed its hole order.

It's back to almost what it was back in the 90's when Jones park had one course. Number 12 is now Number 1. The old number 1 is now 8 and you finish with the old 11 which is now 18. More parking since that gravel lot that runs along Lincoln street is capable of holding more than the lot at the top of the hill. It's a welcome change but it makes the front nine the most difficult now in my opinion.

Awesome job on the pics.

3 questions guys... Who is leading? How is my dude nikko doing? And what time will the finals begin tomorrow? Thanks fellas. (id do the research but im on my phone and have poopy service)

Took my boys down to Emporia today to view the GBO top cards. We followed the second card almost exclusively because it was power-packed (McBeth, Ulibarri, big Jerm, and Nikko). First time my kids (11 and 9) have seen top pros play in person and they loved it. The wind was a bit gusty at times and it seemed to effect a few throws but overall it was impressive to see these guys play so solid in unfavorable conditions. I would say none of them were on their A game (especially putting), however Uli was very very solid and made the fewest mistakes. Nikko STRUGGLED with a couple OB's and many many missed puts that he normally drains, kinda wished he would have been more competitive. Aside from being able to view some of the most talented golfers in the world, we were able to chat with several of the pros and my hat is off to Ricky Wysocki (sp). He not only took the time to sign my boys discs (which all the pros were great about) but he took time to engage in a conversation with them asking them multiple question about themselves and dg. As a dad I was very impressed with him and his willingness to spend a little time after his round to make my kids day. On our car ride back to KC they were both in agreement that he was "their favorite". :)

Also want to give a shout out to the Bearded Brothers energy bar guys. We had arrived at the course thinking that there would be a "fly mart" or some sort of disc booth set up so that people could buy plastic, but there was nothing. Rather than making us go into town to get discs (for my kids to have signed) the Bearded Brother guy opened up his trunk, took out 2 very nice, very new discs out of his personal bag and gave them to my sons. He insisted that we take them so that we could get back out on the course to follow the players and eventually get their autographs. He also gave us a few of their energy bars which we chowed down on and thoroughly enjoyed! Thank Mr. Bearded Bro! That was very generous of you and we appreciate it!

3 questions guys... Who is leading? How is my dude nikko doing? And what time will the finals begin tomorrow? Thanks fellas. (id do the research but im on my phone and have poopy service)

Schusterick -22
Lacastro -12
MPO starts at 10:30

I swear to God, if another one of these jackholes from Kansas says the phrase "that's the kansas wind for you", or something similar, I am going to punch said person in the throat. It's ****ing wind.

I swear to God, if another one of these jackholes from Kansas says the phrase "that's the kansas wind for you", or something similar, I am going to punch said person in the throat. It's ****ing wind.

This is why Charlotte woods are so awesome. They block all that Kansas wind.

Took my boys down to Emporia today to view the GBO top cards. We followed the second card almost exclusively because it was power-packed (McBeth, Ulibarri, big Jerm, and Nikko). First time my kids (11 and 9) have seen top pros play in person and they loved it. The wind was a bit gusty at times and it seemed to effect a few throws but overall it was impressive to see these guys play so solid in unfavorable conditions. I would say none of them were on their A game (especially putting), however Uli was very very solid and made the fewest mistakes. Nikko STRUGGLED with a couple OB's and many many missed puts that he normally drains, kinda wished he would have been more competitive. Aside from being able to view some of the most talented golfers in the world, we were able to chat with several of the pros and my hat is off to Ricky Wysocki (sp). He not only took the time to sign my boys discs (which all the pros were great about) but he took time to engage in a conversation with them asking them multiple question about themselves and dg. As a dad I was very impressed with him and his willingness to spend a little time after his round to make my kids day. On our car ride back to KC they were both in agreement that he was "their favorite". :)

Also want to give a shout out to the Bearded Brothers energy bar guys. We had arrived at the course thinking that there would be a "fly mart" or some sort of disc booth set up so that people could buy plastic, but there was nothing. Rather than making us go into town to get discs (for my kids to have signed) the Bearded Brother guy opened up his trunk, took out 2 very nice, very new discs out of his personal bag and gave them to my sons. He insisted that we take them so that we could get back out on the course to follow the players and eventually get their autographs. He also gave us a few of their energy bars which we chowed down on and thoroughly enjoyed! Thank Mr. Bearded Bro! That was very generous of you and we appreciate it!

Ricky seems more and more to be earning a reputation as the class act out of all the top touring pros.

Well yeah, and an earthquake in California is still just a ****ing earthquake, but those terms come about for a reason.

FWIW, when Kansas jackholes travel to Texas, Oklahoma or some other state synonymous with windiness, they'd say "that's the [insert state they happen to be in] wind for you" instead. Its not like they're trying to claim ownership of it.

But you're in Kansas. So good luck tomorrow with that Kansas wind. :p

Anyways, lots of golf left, and he's not a lock by any means, but I see Shoestrings repeating as champion tomorrow as he's put up two solid rounds. Hope he brought the video camera. I've enjoyed some of the stuff he's been uploading.