• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 OKTHROWBERFEST! DGCR's 5th annual disc dyeing contest

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

9388762566_d47038e80e_o.png

----- DGCourseReview's 5th Annual Okthrowberfest -----

The best dyers. The biggest payout. Hands down the best annual disc golf dye contest anywhere!

--- click here to see last year's entries and results ---

This year's total payout value is already
NEARLY SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!

All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!

Anyone can enter -- maximum TWO entries.

No sharpie art, paint, etc -- All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight).

Submit your dyes by sending either a private message to me here or an email to [email protected] with the title "Okthrowberfest entry".
Please include a clean and clear picture of your disc, your DGCR name, and the title of your entry.

Entries will be finalized Monday, September 30th, at Midnight EASTERN, followerd by one week of voting through an open thread to determine the winners.

Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always! Top three voted entries will win largest payouts, but many more will win some great new dyeable plastic!

In addition, three lucky entrants will win a disc of choice out of my personal dye inventory -- Three winners will be chosen at random, and will have a plethora of fantastic dye canvasses to choose from, including but not limited to:
Cryztal clears,
uber pearly white Champion/ Z discs,
snow white Star/ESP,
bottom-stamps,
all variations of glow plastic

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt that year FIVE will be the best Okthrowberfest we've ever seen!

SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN EITHER A PM TO ME HERE OR AN EMAIL TO [email protected] BY MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th--- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can vote on them all at once.

Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

You guys warming up the RIT yet?!? I've got some nice prizes coming from Legacy Discs.

Here are some entries from the past to get that dye flowing!

9369835555_16a6905f1d_o.png

Are we getting more Legacy donated? If so nice. With what I sent and Zenbot there should be a lot of Legacy Discs for prizes and dyes.

Yes, more Legacy. Discs and schwag plus another surprise.

Hey! Who's entering? It's crickets all up in here.

Sounds like everyone is busy working on their entries, I've got dyers block right now so thats the only reason I'm on the forum :wall:

I'm excited for the Legacy donations, I just picked up a my first pinnacle plastic last week and I love it. The grip on that thing is amazing. Fingers crossed...

I'm game

I'm your huckleberry! I think I am going to enter a disc in the mix this year. Never participated in a dye competition before but it sounds like fun.

i might try. it's fun, but yeah. a bunch of really great dyers/drawers/painters have been around, so eh. i only have discs that i throw and i don't want to enter a contest i have no chance of winning unless i wanted to dye that image anyway.

that said, i do wish everyone the best of luck; this contest is a fantastic idea.

I'm thinking about it. Mostly, it will be to challenge myself to go beyond a very simple design and to join in on the fun of it.

I entered last year knowing I was nowhere close to the competition. It was a lot of fun, somehow I got 6th. I'd say if you're thinking about it you should give it a try, besides, it sounds like there are a ton of prizes this year.

Ya'll best ENTER!

The payout is DEEP, and even still there are random draw prizes, so you may win back plastic just for entering!

Don't NOT enter because you think you can't win -- you can DEFINITELY win something, at least a piece of plastic back!

And since there's no entry fee, you have nothing to lose!

if i entered just for the chance to win a disc from someone, i'd be a monkey's uncle. :p i compete for pride, and when i've already been bested it's a little disheartening is all. i don't want to enter just to get a disc or something; that's being a punk IMO, and missing the point of the competition. i don't want to win someTHING, though you guys seriously do an awesome job of getting a lot of somethings to win, lol.

i've been looking around, so hopefully i'll find something that inspires. :)

OK...started. We'll see how this goes!

Entries are starting to come in! Don't wait to get started til the last minute, get your entries done NOW!

I wish I was good at dying. :(

Entries are coming in!

DON'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!

Don't put yourself up against the deadline, get your discs designed and done as soon as you can!

Latest posts