• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Solution? FPO major winners get invited next year. It won't be that many different ladies (less crowded at the top as of now) and they've proven they can play on the level of the guys with no handicap.

if they are playing at the level of the men then they can qualify just like anyone else.

imo they need to call the performance flight something other than the United States Disc Golf Championships... the Me vs Me Invitational or something...

It's hard to throw that thumber low enough under the net without it landing short, in which case you're risking not flaring over the hay bales.

Dollar flicked a flat Firebird on 17.

Well mullet just saved me some time :thmbup:

I thought you would post some asinine BS such as this. Junior staff is laughable coming from a videographer. The bottom of the totem pole. PDGA Brass huh? you are always really good at name dropping so why don't you post exactly who you spoke to about your first hand knowledge of the incident?

I will tell DGCR and anyone else reading this that your information is dead wrong.

The truth of the matter was that neither marshal made a call there and as we were deliberating on the call Paul McBeth decided that he would throw his shot without moving the chair which took us out of the picture. The PDGA brass was on site as Paul was releasing his shot and his initial assessment of the situation was that it was best that Paul did not move the chair. So for anyone to say that anyone got the call wrong is plain misinformation. After the round as I was discussing the situation with the "PDGA Brass" we did identify the rule and the chair was able to be removed but the plain and simple fact is the Marshall staff which I was a part of and the "PDGA Brass" which I worked with ALL weekend all agreed that more time was needed to come to a proper ruling.

JT you ego is absolutely ridiculous and for you to get on here and make the ridiculous posts on this matter are shameful. You are doing Innova, the USDGC's and the PDGA a total disservice and I certainly will not stand aside and let you talk like you are the authority when you have no idea what you are talking about. I have been running tournaments and volunteering for the USDGC's longer than you have been in game. My friends are the ones that make the USDGC's what it is from the top to the bottom. You little buddy are a joke.

You should probably change your password, it seems MTL has hijacked your account.

I guess I truly underestimate society as a whole.

JohnE is getting mail on his website, telling him how badly he blew it, and other hateful stuff.

Who does that?

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to choke the ever loving **** of these idiots.

I guess I truly underestimate society as a whole.

JohnE is getting mail on his website, telling him how badly he blew it, and other hateful stuff.

Who does that?

I'm not a violent person, but I'd love to choke the ever loving **** of these idiots.
Welcome to the internet.

He'd be best served to just turn off social media and ignore the idiots until they get bored in a few days.

If he engages them... they win. That's all they want.

Welcome to the internet.

He'd be best served to just turn off social media and ignore the idiots until they get bored in a few days.

If he engages them... they win. That's all they want.

That's pretty much what I said.

I'm sure that Peyton Manning doesn't read his hate mail....or his fan mail, for that matter.

:|

I haven't read all 166+ pages of this thread, and haven't noticed if this was talked about yet.

On of my favorite parts of the USDGC in previous years was to go down to vendor row and check out out all the different disc golf swag. This year Innova took over the rights to vend and was the sole vendor, other than Cam Todds art and some sunglass company. Overall I thought it was a great event, but not allowing vendors to take part almost ruined my day. Was anyone else bummed out about the lack of vending?

I haven't read all 166+ pages of this thread, and haven't noticed if this was talked about yet.

On of my favorite parts of the USDGC in previous years was to go down to vendor row and check out out all the different disc golf swag. This year Innova took over the rights to vend and was the sole vendor, other than Cam Todds art and some sunglass company. Overall I thought it was a great event, but not allowing vendors to take part almost ruined my day. Was anyone else bummed out about the lack of vending?

They did that last year too. I missed the DD/LSDiscs trailers.

They did the same thing at the Japan open. Very very disappointed considering they make dozens of different putters and yet had only 2 for sale in Japan, big bead aviar and putt and approach. I was looking forward to trying out new plastics due to 150 class restriction but it ended up being same old stuff. Fly marts have always been a highlight of my tournaments, having only innova allowed I spent less time browsing and far less money spent on new plastic

I think we may be looking at the Performance Flight a little in the wrong way. Many of the people who play in the Performance Flight once played in the USDGC when it was "One Division, One Champion". They were just happy to be there, and enjoying getting to play in the USDGC, even if they had zero chance of cashing. I'm trying to remember how many participants there were in 2010 (the last year of ODOC), but it was a few more than the 136 that were playing on Thursday. At least all those "happy to be there's" now have something to play for, even if it is a bit of a different game.

Pretty sure you only see Discraft at the Am Nats and perhaps the Memorial.

I was actually hoping that due to their being so many new companies with top sponsored players that I would get a chance to get my hands on lots of plastic. Living in Thailand, closest course is 1,000 miles away. Legacy, lat64, discmania, Westside were all there but prohibited from selling. Only putter I like less than a big bead aviar is the arrow. If you're going to take over the sales tables, at least stock the damned things

I agree about the vendors. Last year was my first time going and I went again this year. I didn't know there use to be other vendors but that's why I tried to allow for time to go by PIAS and Another Round disc golf store.

What they should really have is a test area. An extra hole where one can test all kinds of different discs. Like a driving range. Maybe have a few players on hand to teach. Trade area would be great too.

Latest posts