• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

In ball golf, those who make the cut are paid which is usually at least half and sometimes more of the field.

Nascar does the same. Bottom 10 or 12 get the same payout...those are your start and park people that you need to help continue to grow so that you have full fields. This is basically the same idea. Prevents having only 30 cars in a Nascar race and helps grow the sport by creating competition (more cars racing thus a better spectator experience).

Looking at the registration I am NOT on the list... I paid at 7:00 pm on the dot for open and received a confirmation email... Already got it off work... I will be one sad camper if I cannot donate my money in open ��

Nascar does the same. Bottom 10 or 12 get the same payout...those are your start and park people that you need to help continue to grow so that you have full fields. This is basically the same idea. Prevents having only 30 cars in a Nascar race and helps grow the sport by creating competition (more cars racing thus a better spectator experience).

wrong. not everyone gets to race at all lol and the payout structures support paying so deep. ALL OF THOSE GUYS TOUR AND HAVE MAJOR SPONSORS.

wrong. not everyone gets to race at all lol and the payout structures support paying so deep. ALL OF THOSE GUYS TOUR AND HAVE MAJOR SPONSORS.

Lol.. You can just say "wrong" and not give reasons. I love the internet. All of what guys tour? IF you are talking about disc golf.. LOL at you. I dont know where to start. I'm 998 with no sponsor, if I had one...it would amount to a few discs and shirts. Hardly enough to support making a living. If you are talking NASCAR, I guess you dont watch the sport. Many cars race unsponsored...a number of teams only race at certain events (Daytona, Talladega, Road courses) A number of NASCAR lower tier teams can't afford to travel or field a car to travel with...and it costs slightly more to build a car and travel to a race then practice for disc golf and travel to IL.

1. I never said everyone gets in (although last year there was a race or 2 that didnt fill the field)
2. What I DID say is that the bottom guys get paid the same.
Clarification for people that have to be exact... based on bonus points and other things there is slight variation in actual payout but it is all basically the same 95,000-110,000 for the bottom 15
3. Payouts are sharp near the top then flatten out. Similar to the ledgestone and other tournaments like TDTMIII where the bottom 12 players all got the same cash.
4. Similarly to disc golf...if the payout was not deep into the field, Nascar would not field full races. You have to pay out deep to make it affordable for people to be traveling pros (OR Nascar drivers) If NASCAR didnt pay deep many teams would not survive, they need to "start and park" a few weeks to fund a full race down the road. Traveling disc golf pro's have to do this by attending fill in tournaments that get them to the next event. I think with $65,000 added cash, the Ledgestone is a perfect event to have a flattening pay schedule to help touring pro's fund future travel.

5. you can educate yourself on start and park here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Start_and_park

In fact when I read through the Wiki article...NASCAR changed rules to help start and parkers fund full seasons; to encourage play and support the touring guys...just like the Ledgestone and others are doing for disc golf pros through deep flat payouts.

Its kinda cool to see a tourney in Illinois with people playing in it from all over the country instead of all the same people. Glad to be a part of it! Thanks again Nate for all that you do! Hope you called in sick today.

females registering in men's divisions

I have to point out, there are no mens divisions.

This event is going to be amazing, and is one of the biggest steps in the right direction to show other TD's what is possible regarding NT events. Hopefully I can play it in the future.

It would have been nice to have the wait list be similar to the sign up (online) instead of email. Not sure if the website would allow, but would have been even better to allow wait lists to continue right after it was full (no payment or maybe just $1, but at least add to the list). This would at least put everyone in order that they (tried) to sign up.
Seems that with all the people that signed up incorrectly and how fast it filled up, people that may have been ligament may not be able to play if they didn't see the notes about sending their info via email for the wait list.
Not sure how other tournaments handle this much of an overflow on signup. This is my first event that filled up this quickly (usually takes a few days at least and not hammered in 1hr or less).

How can you guarantee that? Lol but I hope you are right, I'm practically throwing my money at these pros! Lol

with so many pros...and so far out from the event. I'd wager that a good percentage of people signed up, just to get in not knowing how their life/health will play out 5 months away. Even smaller 144 people tournaments regularly have 15-20 people make it in off the wait list. This was a special event. People are so enamored by the $65,000 added, they got in, hoping that everything works out. I think in most tournaments people are relatively certain they can make it to the event but there was more reason to go out on a limb with this one.

I just want to say, good job Nate. Thank you for doing what you do for the sport and all you are doing for st. Jude. Congrats on everything and I hope you get to take a step back soon and realize what you have accomplished.

I hope I get up there next year, it sounds like its going to be a blast.

I just want to say, good job Nate. Thank you for doing what you do for the sport and all you are doing for st. Jude. Congrats on everything and I hope you get to take a step back soon and realize what you have accomplished.

Thanks a lot! It's going to be a fun event.

Additions

All of the detail of the expansion of the Tourney is outlined on the Facebook page. Not all divisions were expanded.