• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

From the YT chat:

SmashBoxxTV
There is no "lead card" today. So, we will give a little love to some other Pros. But, we will end up with the McBeth card for the last half of the round.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm guessing there's a fence. so 308 feet to clear the fence, then drop almost straight down. seems fair. Oh, that's to place it at the closest in bounds point, want a safer shot, just throw 360 feet and have your disc drop straight down.

Yes I can see the reason for concern, if there's a fence it would be a lot tougher for a lefty to play it unless they can throw a LHFH hyzer! Point taken.

I guess my concern is more general, about denying an advantage to people who have extra skills. Why shouldn't someone with a LHFH hyzer benefit from the skills they've worked hard to develop?

People who lack a skill might complain, "the holes are too long, so its unfair to people who can't throw over 400". Or, "this hole's unfair to people who can't throw a low hyzer flip because it's got a low ceiling straight tunnel." Well tough s---. If there's a missing piece in a player's game, it's up to the player to fix it. The course designer can't cater to everyone's weaknesses.

Sweet shot, dead center. :clap:

With all that added cash in payout, is the ace fund for the Ledgestone pretty big, too? Good for her, either way. Now she's cashed fairly recently on aces of what? less than 200' as well as over 500 feet, right?

Live scoring update... Matt Kern survived all the crazy OB holes at 1 under par. That is gonna be a top 20 round. Maybe top 10.

Holes 5, 10, 11, and 14 at Northwoods look to be the tough holes... especially 5. 2 birdies, 3 quadbogeys so far.

Hole 5 at Northwoods is the hardest hole on the course IMO. The last tourney I played there I went FLX Drone layup off the tee to the top left of the hill-PA1 400s straight at it downhill into the ravine-Pa1 300s putt for a 3. Needless to say that's an absolute best result for me and I've played that hole since I started the sport. You pray for a 3 and I've heard a lot of frustration over it over the years. Good times. :D

I guess my concern is more general, about denying an advantage to people who have extra skills. Why shouldn't someone with a LHFH hyzer benefit from the skills they've worked hard to develop?

People who lack a skill might complain, "the holes are too long, so its unfair to people who can't throw over 400". Or, "this hole's unfair to people who can't throw a low hyzer flip because it's got a low ceiling straight tunnel." Well tough s---. If there's a missing piece in a player's game, it's up to the player to fix it. The course designer can't cater to everyone's weaknesses.

If there is a difference between 'advantageous to have a LHFH' and 'punitive without', this looks to be far down the punitive side.

I believe one of the tenants of proper course creation is: while some holes become advantageous to have a particular style of shot, no hole should be nearly impossible without a particular style of shot.

I feel your example of having a 400' hole is a bit different than this hole in question and avoids the issue. With a 400'er, you can play the hole safely as intended, straight down the fairway. With this one, there is no playing safely.

Can someone point me to a similarly challenging hole, but mirror flipped?

If there is a difference between 'advantageous to have a LHFH' and 'punitive without', this looks to be far down the punitive side.

I believe one of the tenants of proper course creation is: while some holes become advantageous to have a particular style of shot, no hole should be nearly impossible without a particular style of shot.

I feel your example of having a 400' hole is a bit different than this hole in question and avoids the issue. With a 400'er, you can play the hole safely as intended, straight down the fairway. With this one, there is no playing safely.

Can someone point me to a similarly challenging hole, but mirror flipped?

Maple Hill 5 -- you can see lots of deuces by people with a RHFH hyzer, very tough to even get a three with any other shot. Although there is a route through the woods with RHBH, it is nearly impossible to get there for a deuce putt. Video of this years event shows Feldberg taking a 5 trying to go that way while cardmates deuce it easily with RHFH hyzer.

Pool A appears to tee of at McNaughton Park at 9:00 AM this morning (Saturday). Is this going to be a shotgun start? Was hoping to spectate a little and was curious.

Shotgun start at McNaughton

3:00 pm shotgun start at Northwoods for MPO?

Decided to skip the morning round and take my pregnant wife to breakfast... Figured that'd make it easier for me to sneak away in the afternoon to watch, rather than play, disc golf.

Edit: Super pumped that's theres a chance for MJ and McBeast to be on the same card for me to spectate, my two favorite discers. Now if Dana could just jump up there to, I'd get to see the "local hero" with them.

Last edited:
No signal at McNaughton for any coverage. MPO probably covered at Northwoods again this afternoon.

Maybe I am missing something but I just got done watching round one coverage from two different groups and it seems like some groups did ob different than others on the second shots. Krahn on hold 16 did it from where it went ob and I remember on McBeths card they had to do it from the lie they were at, not where it went ob.

Depends on the hole. Some have Throw and Distance upon going OB on any shot and others like 16 must be play it where it went OB.

what's the scoop on scores? only a few have even the AM rounds updated...

Latest posts