• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Memorial Championship- NT

Memorial Coverage

First. Thanks for tuning in, this was PHENOMENALLY better than our Monday debacle. I hope you enjoyed it.

Second. Audio on the 2nd camera. Today we didn't put it on the 2nd camera because it was a brand new guy. Our other guy was puking all morning. Probably got sick from Terry who had it earlier. We didn't want him screwing up and didn't have a lot of time to train him. But, tomorrow he will get audio. (baby steps).

Third. Missing hole 17... we missed it because one of our batteries finally died after 5.5 hours of using it. We turned it on early to test and do some interviews. And of COURSE it would die at the worst point. But, we learned our lesson and will be giving that battery to the 2nd camera guy.

Thanks for tuning in. We appreciate it. Ok, I am going to bed. I have been sitting in this wooden chair for about 14 hours.

Any word on what Nikko is throwing out there?

It is a mixed bag.

Wizards for putting and up shots.

The only MVP in his bag that I saw was their overstable distance driver and their under stable fairway driver.

Couldn't really tell what the rest was but he has some other things in there as well.

I literally heard him say he would put MVP on the map if they stuck with him.

Just finished watching the coverage. Great job Smashboxx. While by no means perfect, a very good step up from last year. Thank you, it made my day to find you had uploaded it so quickly(internet was down across northern AZ all day).
Whoa, Rick is on a mission. That putt of his is crazy and deadly... crazy deadly. also: I wonder if Ricky saw McBeth's interview? There were definitely some points that Rick could use as motivators but that's neither here nor there. He's off to a good start to say the very least.
He sure didn't drop a beat switching manufacturers. Speaking of which we(those of us that follow these things) have four different companies represented in the top 5 and not a single one is named Discraft. There is irony to be found there.

Last edited:
Interesting comment by Nikko putting MVP "on the map." Was he throwing Legacy too?

Does anyone know how to find the pairings and which courses each pairing is playing?

Thanks for tuning in. We appreciate it. Ok, I am going to bed. I have been sitting in this wooden chair for about 14 hours.

And thank YOU for being out there for us, giving us live disc golf coverage. :thmbup:

Interesting comment by Nikko putting MVP "on the map." Was he throwing Legacy too?

How's that interesting? MVP is barely on the globe lol. They're like an obscure island in the south Pacific.

Final day... round at Fountain Hills... Awards at Euro Pizza Beer Garden... "A Taste of Eur-poop."

Great job by Smashbox & Terry.

Not to be sexist, but not real excited at all about allocating a full day to the women's card. Expecially when the men's card is packed with studs (Wysocki, Will, Simon & Koling).

Go Val. She's doing great. And who the hell is that beating the Champ by 5 strokes?! Whoa

Mike Mill-dog Milne. He used to live here in the valley. Great masters golfer, and a super nice guy. He posted on FB that he aced yesterday, and didn't have a single bogey. He also said he went straight to a convenience store after the round and bought a bunch of lotto tickets.

As contrasted with Castle Hayne which does the opposite, compressing scores and ratings with more pinball action. We get it. ;)
:thmbup: I would love to get a few of the top guys to the Azalea 1 year. we have talked about making it an A-Tier as we have consistently gotten close to the $ requirements the last 3 years (this year included) and have the infrastructure to pull it off.

MTL always liked to argue that there was no way the top guys could average their rating at Castle Hayne. he liked to us Kenny for his argument back then but McBeth would be a better metric now. MJ SHREDS the castle every year. He is a 5 time Azalea champ and has won the event every year he has plaid. we usually average 5-6 1000+ rated golfers. He set the course record in 2012 beating the old record of 51 by 2 strokes...his 49 was rated 1075. There has only been 1 round ever in the 40's at Castle Hayne during the Azalea. The year he set the record he averaged 1048 golf over 4 rounds and barely averaged his rating the next 2 years averaging 1027 and 1024 respectively in 2013 and 14. McBeth would have to average 52 over 4 rounds. Not saying it can't be done but I sure would like to see them try.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Mike Mill-dog Milne. He used to live here in the valley. Great masters golfer, and a super nice guy. He posted on FB that he aced yesterday, and didn't have a single bogey. He also said he went straight to a convenience store after the round and bought a bunch of lotto tickets.

That's both awesome and hilarious.

Thursday Coverage

We understand that not everyone enjoys watching the women's rounds of golf. But it is also in our best interest as a sport to highlight the top women in the sport. For every 10 guys cheering for the top card... there is 1 REALLY passionate woman watching her favorite players at home (or a parent, spouse, or loved one). And if we can get that one woman off the couch and to an event, then we have done our job.

And as everyone knows. There will be plenty of places to watch the Men's round after the fact. Usually in a much higher definition than we can provide over our cell signal.

We hope you tune in to watch the best women in our sport perform at a very tough course.

And listen & watch for our DGA "Word of the Day". A chance to win a Mach X!

Latest posts